PDA

View Full Version : segways

08-22-2006, 09:40 PM
What a joke. Just heard on the news that SPPD will/has purchased 5 segways to the tune of $25k. Great use of funds, powers that be! Those drug dealers that aren't afraid of the law surely will drop to their knees when the scary segway heads their way. God bless all of you officers that will be sitting ducks on these waste of space contraptions.

Lawman
08-22-2006, 09:54 PM
What do you expect from a Department that purchased the old PI system...what a headache that was...downloading from those piece of crap Tandy 102's with the awesome 64k of memory or so.

Doc
08-23-2006, 01:36 AM
I am for getting anything that helps our officers. The problem with this recent purchase can be answered with two questions:

1. How much do they use the over 78 police bicycles that were purchased at a tune of over $600.00 per unit?

2. In an enviorment and climate that has a "hurricane season" are we purchasing something that can only be used seasonal?

Great use of our resources administration. We could have used that same money to purchase more tasers so that off-duty officer do not have to constantly check one out. We could have used that money for much needed "officer safety-friendly" raincoats rather then the blazing yellow ones were are issued. We could have used that money to buy communications center dispatchers new headsets that we can actually understand them with. We could have used that money to place a roof over the prisoner transport van area when we are having to transfer our prisoners during rainy times. We could have used that money to purchase better portable radios for the officers rather than the cheaper "spectra" portables that were purchased at half the price.

Consideration for yourselves over all others has already crushed this department and it has not stopped yet. I am sure newer uniforms, helmets and accessories will need to be purchased (out of what funds????) in order for these new units to be used. Great decision making. Did you learn that at the Senior Management School?

08-23-2006, 01:51 AM
I guess one will go to internal affairs to safely run over officers on command from Chucky Boy.
One will go to Donnie to ride shotgun on the chief. And perhaps for security at Nite Riders.
One will go to Bevans with special knee rests.
One will go to vice to allow for inconspicuous tracking of drug dealers. No one will think a Segway will be out of place in the high drug areas - as long as it has custom wheels.
And the fifth one will go to "Go" with special handbars to reach around the belly.

Now if St Pete could just get Harmon to "segway" to another profession - like counter help at Dunkin Donuts.

Somehow I have trouble seeing PSCO pulling such a boneheaded move. But then, I work for a real cop shop.

08-23-2006, 02:41 AM
With all our real problems we do what? spend how much? Please where is the leadership?

Lawman
08-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Before wasting money on these segways, why don't we just bring back walking assignments? There are a lot of officers who could stand to lose a few pounds (ok, I admit I could afford to skip a few meals too), and spending the day walking would be a good way to do it.

08-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Before wasting money on these segways, why don't we just bring back walking assignments? There are a lot of officers who could stand to lose a few pounds (ok, I admit I could afford to skip a few meals too), and spending the day walking would be a good way to do it.

Are there walking cops downtown ? That could be a good place for a few.

08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Bevan has and will always try to get something that will attract attention. She has to be the center of attention, I am sure she will have her Segway and be riding it during the MLK parade!

08-23-2006, 09:54 PM
How much did it cost to do the district offices? Where is the common denominator for spending money - Bevan. Isnt she responsible for redecorating the districts, didnt she redecorate the basement when she got it? Now she is redecorating the downtown team! Next makeovers for all officers!

08-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Oh goody! Makeovers!

The Maj loves them!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Airbrushayatollah/Turkey_dinner_D.jpg

08-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Is that a Picasso?