PDA

View Full Version : Laser on a marked LEO vehicle

08-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Why would you do this? Is something good going to come out of it and then pursue it?

08-23-2006, 04:53 PM
huh?

08-24-2006, 01:41 PM
When FHP is conducting traffic enforcement, why would you point a laser at a marked unit then pull out and pursue up next to you and tell me the person you were speeding? Is this a common practice. You know youre not going to get a response you want.

08-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Where did this happen? If it ever did?

08-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Not too mention the county because itll hang out the trooper but the trooper actually chased down the marked unit too tell them they were speeding. The Officer simply told the trooper TACTFULLY if you got a problem call my office and drove off. It actually made our briefing.

08-28-2006, 03:41 AM
You guys amaze me, do they kick you in the head repeatedly before you put that ridiculous hat on each day? There has to be something going on that makes you that friggin stupid.

I wouldn't stop for a trooper at all in a marked car. screw em

Troopers are proof that deputies screw sheep.

09-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Troopers are proof that deputies screw sheep.[/quote]

Baaaahhhhhh lollllll I dont care who you are that was funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

five0
10-11-2006, 02:26 AM
did my 5-6 years troop e...loved it but not the $$$
as for citing other officers/troopers...i never have but cannot say never will. treat others the way you would like to be treated. we all have our BY THE BOOK OFFICERS/TROOPERS.
p.s. if another agency tries to traffic me in my marked unit!! good luck..not that i drive recklessly but, you turn on your lights, i turn on my lights. when supervisors get there, u say stopping me for speeding, i say stopping you for tailgaiting....

08-01-2007, 05:11 AM
What statute gives anyone the authority to stop an emergency vehicle for a traffic violation? Emergency vehicle are execpt from chapter 316. This is an argument that I have had with others for years. I was stopped by a Trooper in central Florida on I75 in my marked FHP patrol vehicle for speed, they said that I was clocked by the aircraft. I was given two options 1) take the citation 2) The pilot calls the academy staff. I explained that this was a violation of my civil rights because they had no authority to stop the vehicle in the first place.... how did they know I wasn't attempting to catch another vehicle... I should have arrested them for obstruction. Don't judge all Troopers by the actions of a few that think they own the highway. By the way I didn't choose either option I just drove off they had my tag number and name no one called anyone. Come on guys there are other vehicles out there speeding lets stop fighting each other just because the area of the state we work in.