PDA

View Full Version : Problems with SPPD

08-20-2006, 01:12 AM
I would like to invite any police officers to share feedback to an article I've just posted regarding the ineffectiveness of police administration and city government in protecting the citizens of St. Petersburg. If you would like to provide more information on anonymously, please do so before General Orders prohibit it.

http://dbpltx.blogspot.com/

God bless and stay safe!

08-20-2006, 03:34 AM
“St. Petersburg City Government is this grossly inept in the area of public safety, then we need to take our Police budget and contract with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office for law enforcement services”.

I have to agree with this statement, it is 100% correct. For how many years have we the working officers/detectives and our Unions attempted to address these needs? All we get are doors slammed in our faces. Their answer remains the same, “it’s our way or the highway”, well just too many are taking the highway these days. So now we are told we still have enough police. We lack leadership and quality of supervision. The Mayor, Ass. Mayor Davis and propped up Chief of Police Harman are all in it together to the end. I pray the end is near for them all. The hard working officers of SPPD and the community they serve clearly deserve better from their government. If they will not listen and take appropriate action, the PCSO just might be the last best chance for us all.

08-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Call it by whatever name, but it's the same result: seize the day, ahora es, the time is now!

Going with PCSO will dilute the politics and power struggles inherent to St Pete and strengthen coverage, resources, equipment AND cost far less. There is no objective reason not to absorb SPPD into PCSO except that the evil empire will not survive. They will fight tooth and nail to keep the city's own security arm, preaching that this city is unique and special and must retain its own identity. Untrue.

08-20-2006, 07:47 PM
The SPPD management is so thoroughly corrupt, dishonest, nepotic, anti-law enforcement, and racist that the only way you would even begin to stand a chance at fixing it would be to have an unbiased outside party conduct a thorough investigation of every employee..... which would result in firing and/or jailing most SGT and above. I don't see that happening.

Unless the FDLE or the Star takes over, it's hopeless. Get a new job and a Century21 sign for your lawn, it's all you can do.

08-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I want to thank you for voicing your opinions on this subject.

I have reposted your comments on my blog as anonymous feedback as you have chosen to be anonymous here. The reason I have done this is because I am aware of a number of members of city government who read db PLTX on a regular basis and I want them to see what you have said. After reading the comments of SPPD's FOP representatives, I have decided to cast a spotlight on the SPPD and will do so on a regular basis from here on out. In order to do this, I would ask that you e-mail tips to me at tbbluedog@gmail.com. I choose to be anonymous and I respect the same from you. I am well aware that retribution is common practice within the police department and respect your wishes. Thing is, together we can start to get the word out about the very real problems facing St. Pete and I feel the only real solution is through aggressive political action. Thanks again, stay safe, and God bless.

08-21-2006, 03:07 AM
Here's a direct link to the post. I've added commentary about the state wide constitutional officer races: Attorney General, Chief Financial Officer, and Commissioner of Agriculture.

http://dbpltx.blogspot.com/2006/08/st-p ... ucked.html (http://dbpltx.blogspot.com/2006/08/st-pete-police-cluster-phucked.html)