PDA

View Full Version : Reserve III Deputies

ziggy
08-19-2006, 01:42 AM
:?: :?: Does anyone know what a Reserve III Deputy does? I heard several people talking at a hearing about they got arrested by Reserve III Deputies. :?:

08-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Reserve 3 deputies are the school crossing guards and the Parking citation people

08-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Seems some reserve III's are out there playing cowboy & tossing folks into jail for violations of local ordinances contrary to Federal & State Preemptions. Now they get to play in Federal Court with L.L. again.

08-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Reserve III deputies are persons in Hillsborough County that have law enforcement positions but are not employed by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. They are given arrest powers by the Sheriff. The main agency that utilized Reserve III powers are the Hillsborough County Transportation Authority that oversees cabbies and limousines. They make arrests and seize vehicles that are not in compliance with the county transportation laws.

08-19-2006, 02:14 PM
One can delegate authority but not responsibility. Reserve III's making unlawful arrests under powers granted by the HCSO places the HCSO in the responsibility category & subject to civil action for damages regardless if the employer is Fire Depts, School Districts or the HCPTC .

08-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Thank You Perry Mason

08-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Oh Please he is back, the infamous taxicab victim who spouts off alot of rhetoric but no substance. I think your complaints belong somewhere else. Call the FBI, maybe they will listen to you, but no one on this board cares about your inane comments.

08-19-2006, 08:53 PM
So that is what this topic is about. Hey Cabbie, got a legit complaint against the HCSO? Quit your *****in, man-up and take it where it belongs, in front of a Judge and Jury.

ziggy
08-20-2006, 03:32 AM
So that is what this topic is about. Hey Cabbie, got a legit complaint against the HCSO? Quit your *****in, man-up and take it where it belongs, in front of a Judge and Jury.

:o All I asked was a simple question. I overheard a bunch of people talking while I was waiting to go into the court room.

Sorry I started a fight. :(

08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
:o All I asked was a simple question. I overheard a bunch of people talking while I was waiting to go into the court room.

Don't worry about it, morons are everywhere. Word is that the Sheriff is dealing with federal paper brought on by the actions of some reserve 3's.

ziggy
08-20-2006, 07:31 PM

Don't worry about it, morons are everywhere. Word is that the Sheriff is dealing with federal paper brought on by the actions of some reserve 3's.

:oops: Why would the HCSO be before a federal court because of another agencies Reserves? I heard the persons talking say that the sheriff said he was not responsible for their actions. Also, he wrote it in their SOP that way. :?: :?:

08-20-2006, 09:03 PM
:oops: Why would the HCSO be before a federal court because of another agencies Reserves? I heard the persons talking say that the sheriff said he was not responsible for their actions. Also, he wrote it in their SOP that way. :?: :?:

Lets see if I got this correct.... Some agency wants armed goons to enforce its regulations, the Sheriff anoints these goons to perform as full time LEO's but puts it into SOP that if they f**k up the HCSO is not to be held responsible? Yep, sounds like Hillsborough to me......

08-21-2006, 01:10 AM
You all have no idea what the heck you are talking about. We follow the Special Act and act accordingly. If you enter Hillsborough County, you're under our control.

Get a life and move on.

08-21-2006, 01:23 AM
You all have no idea what the heck you are talking about. We follow the Special Act and act accordingly. If you enter Hillsborough County, you're under our control.

Get a life and move on.

What, pray tell, is the HCPTC?

And what is the Special Act?

I guess I don't much know what ANY OF YOU are talking about :?:

08-21-2006, 01:48 AM
HCPTC = Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission

I would guess the "Special Act" refers to the BOCC's act that created the HCPTC.

08-21-2006, 01:49 AM
This is a subject that is far too complicated and involved to put here. But in response to HCPTC Employee, I suggest you watch what you say here in this forum because unlike Sheriff Gee who wanted to expose the individuals posting here under work related matters and failed be able to due to constitutional issues, you don't fall under the same category when you make statements of fact and I will find out who you are and deposition you for my Title83 action against both the Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, and then you'll be singing a different tune for looking so stupid.

"If you enter Hillsborough County, you're under our control"

Just goes to show you that if you are indeed an HCPTC Employee, that you continue to communicate the complete stupidity that goes on in that office. And it's the same stupidity that has cost you not one, not two, but over a dozen losses in criminal court because you and the rest of the the Limo Cartel don't have a clue how to enforce or what to enforce. Someone should arrest you all for impersonating an officer of the law but then again doesn't bother me a bit with your red and blue lights, your MDT's, your take home vehicles, and so on down the line because just emphasizes that you are indeed Sheriff's Deputies no matter how you slice it and the HCSO is responsible for your actions and their lack of controls over your organization. See you in court - have a nice day1

And in fact, from what I hear Judge Dominguez just slapped you in the face with yet another example of how you step over the line time and time again in the over use of your police powers. I suggest that you look up and understand Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law because that's where you are heading if you don't stop abusing your powers that the good ole sheriff gave you and forgot to regulate.

08-21-2006, 02:04 AM
We are the agency that regulates the taxis, wreckers, limousines and Basic Life Support units. WE have arrest poers so we can arrest people who violate our special rules that were written just for us.

mod 184
08-22-2006, 01:21 AM
So to answer ziggy's question, an R III Deputy is a code enforcement agent, like the one cited above, that has arrest powers in relation to enforcing the code of their agency. And as you can see, some are not very well liked.

ziggy
08-22-2006, 01:29 AM
:D It is nice to see that others within the LEO area think so highly of the HCPTC! :!: :lol:

08-22-2006, 01:40 AM
:o
So to answer ziggy's question, an R III Deputy is a code enforcement agent, like the one cited above, that has arrest powers in relation to enforcing the code of their agency. And as you can see, some are not very well liked. 8)

:wink: Having seen it in writing, I now have to ask the following question?

With so many cases that have been lost by the HCPTC (Code Enforcement Agents) in court, when will the sheriff distance himself from these rouge Deputy wantabes???? :lol: :P

I can not comment more than this because I have put the HCSO and HCPTC on notice of my intent to sue, however, it seems to me that this agency (HCPTC) is causing the HCSO to have pie on its face!

mod 184
08-23-2006, 01:25 AM
Ziggy, don't put words in my mouth. I was merely making an observation based on the above posts. And zburdette, I just summarized the statements made on page one of this post, which you may want to go back and read more carefully.

08-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Ziggy, don't put words in my mouth. I was merely making an observation based on the above posts. And zburdette, I just summarized the statements made on page one of this post, which you may want to go back and read more carefully.

And you are correct. I can tell they are not well liked.

ziggy
08-23-2006, 02:51 AM

I was not putting words in your mouth. Just quoting what you wrote.

ziggy
08-23-2006, 02:55 AM
:D I can see that the area of Reserve III deputies is a very touchy area. Why is that?

I have gathered they are not well liked, but why? After all, they are LEO from what I heard in court. :oops:

08-24-2006, 01:57 AM
:shock: Here is all I can say about this matter. Please understand this is not directed to the men and women who give their all to the HCSO, as well as the residents of Hillsborough County.

1.) Cal Henderson gave the HCPTC their arrest powers.

2.) Until early 2004 I had never heard of the HCPTC or had any dealings with the HCSO.

3.) After being falsely arrested by the HCSO/HCPTC Inspectors, I was charged with three different charges. I took my case to court and won. After asking for help from the IA section of the HCSO, I and others began looking into what powers the HCPTC had.

4.) What we found out was very simple. They have arrest powers ONLY when performing their duties in a LAWFUL MANNER.

I will not say anything more other than, their actions are causing the HCSO embarassment and the powers that be will not correct the problem.

Why should a whole department go through all the court cases with egg on their face and be mad out to be the bad guys? :cry:

08-26-2006, 02:54 AM
:D It's seems the topic "Reserve III Deputies" has gotten some attention on this forum. I'm glad Ziggy started the post as the subject really needed to be addressed.

When myself and others addressed our concerns to the HCSO, we were told drop it as it will not change anything.

They are right, it probably will not change anything, but maybe the court cases filed will. :wink:

Every time the HCPTC has a case filed and they lose, it shows as a lost by the HCSO (FDLE shows them under HCSO control), not as a seperate Law Enforcement Agency (LEA). :snicker:

08-27-2006, 05:52 PM
their like probation officers wantabees :lol:

09-09-2006, 02:25 AM
HCPTC = Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission

I would guess the "Special Act" refers to the BOCC's act that created the HCPTC.

You are so right with your answer. The "Special Act" is what the HCPTC uses to unlawfully arrest people for violations of a "County Ordinance." NOTICE I did not say a state law.

Hence, this is why the same man who defended this web site, was able to get many cases "NOLLE PROSSED" and a recent "NOT GUILTY."

On the paperwork filed with the state, an Inspector lied! That is a violation of their oath!

01-19-2007, 11:08 PM
HCPTC is "special" alright. They are special as*holes. They get to drive around in wanna be police cruisers with red and blue lights and get to govern the Ambulance, Towing, Limo, Taxi and other businesses that drive on Hillsborough County streets. ALL it is, is the county making more money by charging the drivers money and all of the businesses money for those little metal license plates. Heck, these Barney Fife, Roscoe P. Coltrain goons also get to carry guns, too! And I thought that the sheriffs deputies had an ego trip. Talk to one of those jerks once. You would think they were GOD or someone of importance! HCPTC= money well wasted!