PDA

View Full Version : mass exodus

08-18-2006, 11:15 PM
More and more are filing out the revolving door. Cundiff, Bronner, Delrusso, Daniels are the latest. How many now for the year heading for the greener grass?

08-19-2006, 07:08 AM
hcso is getting a steal with bronner. He's one of Kovascev's boys and can work some dope. good luck to ya.

08-19-2006, 12:09 PM
A tourniquet couldn't stop the massive bleeding coming from SPPD's ranks thinning out.

It's one thing to lose someone in the FTO program, or even probation. Not a good thing, and costly, but somewhat expected.

But 2006 has been absolutely unheralded in terms of employee loss: ranking members, veterans, and those with more than 3 years on. Fleeing. Running for the door. If they smile on the way out, it's survivor's euphoria that they escaped!

Chief and yes men on staff know no capable/qualified person in the Tampa Bay area would possibly want to come to SPPD. So now they go to a depressed economic area and hope that sunshine will sell. It's a quick fix but not a permanent cure. These rookies ALSO leave after 3 years when they figure out how deeply the problems go in this agency.

Pity because it is true that St Pete Police USE TO be a standout among law enforcement agencies. Now it's a corrupted agency with empty souls ruining the legacy.

08-19-2006, 02:44 PM
A/C Gordon claims that, "other agencies are losing officers as well, not just St. Pete." My response was, "I'm sure other agencies do lose officers, but the thing is, none of those officers are applying at St. Petersburg." The pay/benefits/hours are all in the same ballpark for the TB agencies, so what exactly are the reasons officers are leaving St. Pete?

The chief, A/C's have all been off the street for so long that they no longer know how to be officers, and they have forgotten what it is like to be an officer (A/C Gordon by the way, used to tell people they were under arrest from 5 feet away so they had a chance to run away).

Street supervisors often change squads every 6 months, so how can officers with any time on convince the new sergeants to encourage their promotions/transfers if they do not know their work ethic?

If you make an error that gets a complaint, you are blacklisted and even if 4 people in your chain of command agress on a transfer for you, the A/C has the final say and will go against all of the other people, who are in touch with reality, and deny a transfer--real nice!

I applaud those who can leave, some of us are stuck after 10 years and don't want to start over for family reasons.

08-19-2006, 04:20 PM
It's not just the administration that sucks at this place it's alot of the officers working here. I get so tired of hearing, oh we lost one out of FTO, thats expected or, we lost a "PO" thats expected. Yeah, there are a few people out there that don't realize this job isn't for them until they hit the street, they can't take it / don't want to and quit. But for example, we had a guy from Chicago and the NYPD both quit in "the program", now you CANNOT tell me that St. Pete, as crappy a city as it is, is tougher than Chicago and NY. And if you even try you can just keep it to yourself b/c your full of it. They quit b/c of the BS, b/c your ain't nothin here till you've got five or ten years on and then the guys with fifteen on think they're better than the guys with less, and so on... You all think your better than the next, you get on this board and bash fellow officers for mistakes and heaven help us if they're a new officer and they make a mistake, OH NO, they're NEW, NEW people make mistakes, thats how you learn lots of times. Some mistakes aren't acceptable but most are and you SUPER COPS have made them yourselves. I know several guys that have left for other agencies and the one thing that sticks out with many of them is that they are treated with respect from the moment they walk through the door and it ain't b/c they worked at the SPPD b/c this place isn't respected by anyone so don't fool yourself by thinking so. If we lose lots of people in "the program" (sounds like some communist thing) it's b/c of FTO's that suck most of the time and you can't disagree with that b/c lots of them truly have no business being near new cops. Several are good though I know the ones I had were great and now they aren't even FTO's anymore so that doesn't do any of the new guys any good. So sit on this board everyday and bash our worthless administration b/c they are, worthless no doubt, people like them are why we will NEVER win the war on crime or even make a dent in it in this city b/c they DON'T want us to. But keep in mind that you being a PRICK to the new guys makes them not want to work here or work with YOU. B/c if you were really as good as you THINK you are, you'd be something more than a street cop in the saddest city in Tampa Bay. And by the way, the A/C is right, other agencies are losing officers as well, it's called RETIREMENT.

08-19-2006, 05:47 PM
It would appear that ONE of our former council members is taking a shine to SOMEONE! Apparently, the other side's got a bit of a retention problem too!

http://usvsthem.homestead.com/Editorials.html

08-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I know Bronner went to HCSO and Cundiff went to Tampa but where did Delrusso and Daniels go?

I left this year and I love it. :D