PDA

View Full Version : IAB Question

08-18-2006, 05:13 PM
If someone from IA did something wrong, who looks into it?

08-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Internal Affairs, that's why there is more than one person working there. The investigation would be headed by a senior investigator with direct supervision of the captain.

08-18-2006, 11:52 PM
whatever.....

08-19-2006, 03:02 PM
are you referring to the dispatched call on w arch st the other night to an IA's t42?

08-19-2006, 03:03 PM
whoa whoa whoa...gotta here about that one....Dont have to mention names,,,just some details

08-19-2006, 06:52 PM
the details of that were personal, just as you expect your own family and personal maters to be just that, personal
there wre no criminal allegations no violations
somebody took an avenue to resolve conflict that others may not view as appropriate
so, please be respectful
u never know u could be in the same place
please dont be malicious and ask for something you are not entitled to
if u know more about this, please dont be a coward and divulge information you are morally and professionally responsible not allowed to disclose

08-19-2006, 09:56 PM
What?

Why are we not "entitled" to know? Is not all calls that Police Officers respond to public information?

and

How are we morally not allowed to discuss the actions of an officer on a call?

You are misinformed. If the Tampa Tribune asks to see the call and asks to know what the disposition was to include all phone calls made, they are entitled to it. We dont work in secrecy.

Next time think before you type.

08-19-2006, 10:12 PM
I have no pity for an IA Detective.

How many guys has he burned ? Oh, put me on that list.

08-20-2006, 06:48 PM
I have no pity for an IA Detective.

How many guys has he burned ? Oh, put me on that list.

Oh? YOU played with fire, but HE burned you? :devil:

08-20-2006, 10:15 PM
I have to agree with the poster who said "its his business not ours". Yes when the call went out for dispatch the call became public record. But that does not mean the events that went on in the household are. I know I would not want my personal business spread all over TPD and Im sure the majority of you would feel the same. I can also tell by reading these post that some of you have ill feelings for this Detective. That may be true, and to each his. But that is absoutely no reason to keep the rumor mill going. Like I said before, what if the shoe were on the other foot and you were in an uncontrolable situation? How would you handle it? What would you do? Would you run to LEO Affairs and ask for advice? I doubt that!! I guess my point here is, treat him as you would want to be treated. You know what we give out in life we get back 10 fold. Alot of you should remember that. Just my point of view.

08-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Ok, I will answer your question.

I would not try to hide what happened!!!

And you are completely wrong when you say what when on at the house is private. IT IS NOT.

Our actions (all of them) are for public scrutiny at all time.

What you fail to realize Donna is that by hiding, it appears that things were being swept under the rug.

Go back to your chair in radio and stay off our board!

This is for Officers!

08-20-2006, 11:10 PM
HANG ON A SECOND! First of all that comment to Donna was completely inappropriate. If we had more people in radio like her things would get done more efficiently. I recall that were over 35 positions short. She comes in a works everyday so they don't have to combine frequencies, etc. You should be happy that she gives two shits about you "the patrolman". I have worked at TPD for 15 years and mostly mids. If it weren't for her and other quality dispatchers in radio I would be DEAD.

Now on to the matter at hand. Just be patient. The details will be available shortly. Have some respect for your fellow LEO. Stand behind THE THIN BLUE LINE!

08-21-2006, 12:04 AM
The last time I checked this web site said "Tampa Police" not jerks in a blue uniform!.

08-21-2006, 03:10 AM
The call said that the female half wated police there to mediate a non-physical dispute. That's the end of the whole "public info" aspect. There's nothing morally corrupt about getting into an argument with our wife/girlfriend and her making the poor decision of calling people you work with to medate it. It's only our business if a crime occurred, end of story. Let it go.

08-21-2006, 05:29 AM
To the poster who said its all public record...
Are you saying what you do in the bedroom with whomever or whatever your partner may be is public record?
Are you flippin crazy?
Is your argument that just because we're cops I gotta tell someone what type of sex I have, what stupid TV shows I watch, etc. YOU ARE WRONG.
The Tampa Trib is only entitled to see the call comments, correct Ace, but if you were inside that house and you know something we dont, you beter keep it to your self. If the actual report is Referred, you are violating Statute and Policy. If it is Retained, then let the media pull a copy.
The only people who realy know what did happen or what did NOT happen are the people in the home and the "person upstairs". I assume youre not the "person upstairs"
Any cop who went there an an
"After the fact jack" don 't know jack S---" in reality.
So keep your pie holes shut unless you want me to stick a "cop cam" in your bedroom since your wacko theory of everything a cop does is under public/pubic scrutiny!!
Let the BROTHER Cop go on without your scandal slander smut!!!

08-21-2006, 09:22 AM
He lost the "Brother" status when he took that postion.

Sure it is normal for a wife to call the police to have them "Mediate" between her husband of less then four months.

08-21-2006, 11:22 AM
He lost the "Brother" status when he took that postion.

C'mon how insane is that statement. The Detectives and support personnel that work in IAB are city personnel just like any of the people that work here. You obviously have no clue as to how IA works. To say that a specific Detective burned you because he might have been assigned to "your" case in IA is a crazy notion. The Detective's in IA are like any other Detectives. They investigate a case and present their findings. They do not make reccommendations or pass judgement on anyone. They submit their findings on any case investigated to the Brass and they are the one who pass judgement, they are the one who makes the decison as to what dicipline may follow. Not the Detectives. So to say that someone "has burned you" or has lost his "Brotherhood" status because he is assigned to IAB is nonsense. And you my friend are quite clueless as to how things work around here. Oh, Im sure when the Chief said to them "hey I'm sending you to IAB" I guess you expected them to tell the Cheif "no way brother I dont want to be assigned there". LOL yeah that would be a good career choice to make. You go where you are told or asked to go. Let's hope that none of you ever get assigned to IA in your careers. You would probably piss your pants. At least these guys are man enough to hold their heads up when they come to work everyday and do their jobs and are damn good at it.

As for the call incident. Im not saying we dont make mistakes but like the previous poster said. There were no criminal charges filed so there was no offense. And I would think we could support this Detective instead of bashing him. Because if he is having these problems this early in his new marriage (according to the S14). God help him, because it will probably only get worse. Be safe my brothers and sisters we are all part of the Thin Blue Line !!
[/quote]

08-21-2006, 10:35 PM
THIS IS JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING I READ AND THOUGHT ID SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL.

While it is held that a Law Enforcement Officer is required to answer questions specifically, directly and narrowly related to the performence of his official duties, and that he/she has NO LEGITIMATE EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY involving the performance of JOB-RELATED duties, an officer may be protected from questioning in regard to NON-JOB-RELATED matters in which the officer has a resonable expectation of privacy, (16 U.Balt. L. Rev. 452)

The Tampa POlice Department takes the position that THE PRIVLEGE OF BEING A POLICE OFFICER IS DEPENDANT UPON WILLINGNESS TO FOREGO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES.

However the PROTECTION of the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION apply to ALL CITIZENS equally. In choosing their career, LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS should not be required to abandon rights enjoyed by the public at large. (13th circuit court Hillsborough County Florida, 4/04.)

I for one am not a fan of any I.A. dealing, Sometimes we all loose scope of the issue at hand. We are told over and over we are held to a higher standard the the rest of the citizens. This is true if we continue to allow it to happen to us. We all make mistakes thats what makes us human. I forone could care less about what went on behind close doors of a fellow officers house. We hurt ourselves by gossiping and harping on are fellow officers business. Let devert our energy into hunting the REAL BAD GUYS, OUR CONTRACT and like always MAY GOD BLESS us all as we continue to serve the fine upstanding citizens of the CIty of Tampa, even if they hang out on the river walk. :twisted: