PDA

View Full Version : Another TPD officer cited

08-15-2006, 12:48 AM
another TPD officer cited by FHP, this time in Pasco CO. Guess it just never ends.

08-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Don't take this the wrong way BUT, I am afraid you might be trying to stir up more trouble. If you have the facts please provide them.

Where was the infraction, what was the troopers name and how fast were you going to get a ticket.

08-15-2006, 03:08 AM
We dont have that problem in Polk, we dont have enough Troopers to write tickets to LEOs.

08-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Its true it happened, but the LEO that got cited for some reason dosn't want to make an issue out of it.

08-16-2006, 06:36 AM
If the cop who got the ticket does nt want to make an issue over it, THEN NEITHER SHOULD YOU!

08-18-2006, 04:28 AM
I stopped six off-duty and unmarked TPD cops in one week during the midnight shift. They were traveling anywhere from 95-110mph in a 70mph zone. One was even border line reckless in his POV traveling at 100mph while in and out of traffic and using two lanes at once. I don't write cops, but some of them need to learn to not drive like idiots. I put my life in danger when Im chasing them down for two miles at 120 mph.

08-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I stopped six off-duty and unmarked TPD cops in one week during the midnight shift. They were traveling anywhere from 95-110mph in a 70mph zone. One was even border line reckless in his POV traveling at 100mph while in and out of traffic and using two lanes at once. I don't write cops, but some of them need to learn to not drive like idiots. I put my life in danger when Im chasing them down for two miles at 120 mph.

Don't cite them. Give their district commander an "off the record" phone call.

:!:

08-18-2006, 08:59 PM

Well if you feel it is too dangerous and you are putting your life on the line for a traffic infraction dont stop them or better yet just leave other LEO alone.

08-18-2006, 09:02 PM
This is for the scared rat who said give there district commander a call. You are a disgrace to the brotherhood. If you were ever speeding ,which we all do would you like it if your supervisor was contacted. Remember its just a civil infraction.

08-18-2006, 09:17 PM
You people that are at 110mph or what ever the speed that would cause you to run people off the road and reckless, make me sick. HEY smart one that wrote don't stop the LEo, how in the hell are we gonna know your dumb as* in your pov until you get stopped. Get some comom sense man, there's no reason to be over 100 anywhere other than Daytona Speedway, give me a break. But still, I'll say the same, have a good night, and god help you if you cause a fatal crash, and there is a witness to your driving pattern!! :) :) :)

08-18-2006, 10:44 PM
FWIW, the TPD officer was doing 16 over. I saw the citation, troopers last name started with a W if that helps any.

08-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Most guys in every agency are good people who do the right thing. Someone going over 100MPH needs a swift kick in the @ss and are begging to be stopped. I still wouldn't write them a ticket but I would be mad. As far as TPD goes, those guys get take home cars in Pasco and no one should be turning around on a cruiser unelss you believe it's stolen, period.

Sixteen over is disgraceful for the trooper and seems to be a pattern from this house off of CR 52. Get a grip guys, I know you have a job to do but use some common sense discretion.

Remember the memorial and realize that WE are a brotherhood and that we are supposed to be united. That doesn't mean we get a free pass on crimes but should get discretion on relatively minor infractions which in the overall scheme of things means speeding tickets.

God Bless and be safe guys.

08-18-2006, 11:45 PM
This is for the scared rat who said give there district commander a call. You are a disgrace to the brotherhood. If you were ever speeding ,which we all do would you like it if your supervisor was contacted. Remember its just a civil infraction.

An off duty cop driving 100 mph in a POV needs to be convinced that he is behaving unacceptably. (We DON'T all do it!)

Contacting his commander might get the job done - especially if it happens more than once.

It's better than writing him a citation.

It's a "civil infraction" that can get innocent people killed!

If you think it is acceptable behavior to drive at such speeds off duty you are probably an immature nubie who is still feeling immortal because of that tin in your wallet. You need to grow up.

I hope you do it before you crash up.

08-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Speeding is just that speeding its not a criminal offense but it does seem to cause us alot of grief when complaints are made especially from another agency. I dont understand why anyone would point there laser/radar at a marked unit. If there in their POV and stopped just let it go its no big deal. There are plenty of bad guys out there for us to deal with, we dont need to mess with each other. I like FHP and I think they do the best thay can with what they have, but this speeding and writing other LEO thing is crazy.
To the Trooper who posted 100+ is unacceptable for even a LEO we are trained to drive fast and I feel quite comfortable at 100 at 3 A.M. with no traffic accept for FHP. If you feel it is too dangerous to try and catch up to that speeding LEO to complain on him and you think its not worth your life, let it go its only a civil infraction. Speed alone does not constitute wreckless driving. Be safe and I will always be there to back you guys up if you need it.

08-20-2006, 01:11 AM
Speeding is just that speeding its not a criminal offense but it does seem to cause us alot of grief when complaints are made especially from another agency. I dont understand why anyone would point there laser/radar at a marked unit. If there in their POV and stopped just let it go its no big deal. There are plenty of bad guys out there for us to deal with, we dont need to mess with each other. I like FHP and I think they do the best thay can with what they have, but this speeding and writing other LEO thing is crazy.
To the Trooper who posted 100+ is unacceptable for even a LEO we are trained to drive fast and I feel quite comfortable at 100 at 3 A.M. with no traffic accept for FHP. If you feel it is too dangerous to try and catch up to that speeding LEO to complain on him and you think its not worth your life, let it go its only a civil infraction. Speed alone does not constitute wreckless driving. Be safe and I will always be there to back you guys up if you need it.

Race car drivers are trained to drive fast as well. Should we let them travel down the interstate at 110mph? I work in Tampa and even at 3am there is a lot of traffic on the interstates. Speeding may only be a civil infraction but that doesnt mean it isnt dangerous or cant kill someone. If you are a cop you should know better. What is the sense in driving over 100mph on the interstate for miles in your POV? Some nights the ONLY people I stopped were off duty cops in the POVs or unmarked TPDs in their Taurus. To me it is just very ironic that the only people breaking the law are cops. Quite pathetic no matter how simple the violation.

08-20-2006, 01:28 AM

Race car drivers are trained to drive fast as well. Should we let them travel down the interstate at 110mph? I work in Tampa and even at 3am there is a lot of traffic on the interstates. Speeding may only be a civil infraction but that doesnt mean it isnt dangerous or cant kill someone. If you are a cop you should know better. What is the sense in driving over 100mph on the interstate for miles in your POV? Some nights the ONLY people I stopped were off duty cops in the POVs or unmarked TPDs in their Taurus. To me it is just very ironic that the only people breaking the law are cops. Quite pathetic no matter how simple the violation.

Very well said brother. Be safe driving those high speeds to catch those people who dont mind busting your balls and showing no respect for what you do, after all, its just an infraction right.

08-21-2006, 01:45 AM
to the LEO's who say there are enough bad guys, go get them--I say if you weren't speeding excessively the trooper would not have to waste his/her time stopping you and could actually be utilizing their time wisely than stopping a LEO, especially since they don't know they are stopping a LEO.

SS

08-21-2006, 02:34 AM
I realize that I am "only" a citizen, so you will probably bash me, call me by profane names, tell me that I have no idea what your job is like, say I don't belong on this board, etc., etc., etc......however, I have been reading the way you "professionals" bash each other and I must say it seems as if it is anything but professional. You actually sound like a bunch of school yard children whining. Everytime someone posts something intelligent sounding, you immediately go into attack mode. By reading this board, I must tell you it definately does not make me sleep better at night knowing you are protecting me and my family (I know, why don't I shut up and become an LEO then, right?). The fact of the matter is, I would love to become a police officer but I must support my family and you guys do not get paid near enough for the jobs you do. I do have a question though......why do you think you are "entitled" to be able to speed and break other traffic laws? Would you grant this so called "discretion" to a lower life form ("citizen") if they were driving 100+ down the interstate at night with no other traffic on the road? Or grant them discretion for doing 10, 15, 20 MPH over the limit? Maybe grant them discretion for having one too many and driving home? Why do you think you are entitled to this type of discretion just because of the job you have? A badge does not make you invincible. The badge you wear does not make you above the law. I know you have special training teaching you how to drive. So what! You may have that training but most other people on the road, do not. You can control your vehicle but you can not control another driver's actions. Discretion or not......if you hit a family and kill them, run over a kid and kill them, or god forbid swerve to avoid something that has run out in front of you and kill yourself......it won't matter how big your badge is, because death is permanent.

This board is for law enforcement and I can see how it could be utilized for productive purposes. You may not want citizens on here, but we are and we aren't going away. Maybe you should think about the picture you are portraying to the public. It isn't very flattering at this point. I have strong respect for you police officers and the job you do, but I do not respect the way you treat each other, the way you bash the public on here, and the way you whine about not receiving discretion when you blantantly violate the law that you are sworn to uphold.

For the record, I do not think a police officer should stop a marked unit that is going on a call.....however, if you are in an unmarked unit or a personal vehicle and are driving at speeds that you would deem unsafe if a citizen were driving them, then by all means I think you should be stopped and issued a citation just like a citizen would be issued one. This is only my opinion, but I am a taxpaying citizen that is concerned about my community. I like this board because it gives me an insight as to the type of "professionals" that have been entrusted to protecting my family and myself and so far, I am very disaapointed. But then again, you don't care, right? I know, I know, just go away and F*&% myself. I get it.

08-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Yawn! :roll:

08-21-2006, 04:18 AM
[quote="Citizen Joe"]I realize that I am "only" a citizen, so you will probably bash me, call me by profane names, tell me that I have no idea what your job is like, say I don't belong on this board, etc., etc., etc......however, I have been reading the way you "professionals" bash each other and I must say it seems as if it is anything but professional. You actually sound like a bunch of school yard children whining. Everytime someone posts something intelligent sounding, you immediately go into attack mode. By reading this board, I must tell you it definately does not make me sleep better at night knowing you are protecting me and my family (I know, why don't I shut up and become an LEO then, right?). The fact of the matter is, I would love to become a police officer but I must support my family and you guys do not get paid near enough for the jobs you do. I do have a question though......why do you think you are "entitled" to be able to speed and break other traffic laws? Would you grant this so called "discretion" to a lower life form ("citizen") if they were driving 100+ down the interstate at night with no other traffic on the road? Or grant them discretion for doing 10, 15, 20 MPH over the limit? Maybe grant them discretion for having one too many and driving home? Why do you think you are entitled to this type of discretion just because of the job you have? A badge does not make you invincible. The badge you wear does not make you above the law. I know you have special training teaching you how to drive. So what! You may have that training but most other people on the road, do not. You can control your vehicle but you can not control another driver's actions. Discretion or not......if you hit a family and kill them, run over a kid and kill them, or god forbid swerve to avoid something that has run out in front of you and kill yourself......it won't matter how big your badge is, because death is permanent.

This board is for law enforcement and I can see how it could be utilized for productive purposes. You may not want citizens on here, but we are and we aren't going away. Maybe you should think about the picture you are portraying to the public. It isn't very flattering at this point. I have strong respect for you police officers and the job you do, but I do not respect the way you treat each other, the way you bash the public on here, and the way you whine about not receiving discretion when you blantantly violate the law that you are sworn to uphold.

For the record, I do not think a police officer should stop a marked unit that is going on a call.....however, if you are in an unmarked unit or a personal vehicle and are driving at speeds that you would deem unsafe if a citizen were driving them, then by all means I think you should be stopped and issued a citation just like a citizen would be issued one. This is only my opinion, but I am a taxpaying citizen that is concerned about my community. I like this board because it gives me an insight as to the type of "professionals" that have been entrusted to protecting my family and myself and so far, I am very disaapointed. But then again, you don't care, right? I know, I know, just go away and F*&% myself. I get it.[/quote

There is no arguing your point with logic. That we should all be held to the same standard IS logical. Unfortunately, this axiom is not practical.

At the agency I work for, there is a written policy concerning traffic stops and the issuance of citations. The policy lists certain factors to be cognizant of when deciding when to issue a citation to a motorist. However, the policy clearly states that a motorist's ATTITUDE should not be a determining factor when issuing a citation. This is the height of absurdity.

This one, seemingly innocuous policy is a prime example of the ludicrous constraints that a law enforcement officer is potentially fettered by. Everyone knows that in reality, ATTITUDE is the number one determining factor in issuing a citation. This is ABSOLUTELY indisputable. Any law enforcement officer that tells you different is lying to you or even worse, lying to himself. However, our libelous society has created a 'politically correct' world whose manifestations do not allow us to print the truth.

There is always a person ready and waiting to videotape an officer at the most inopportune time - such as when he is wrestling with a perpetrator and perhaps throws that one extra strike to subdue him. The media, completely unconcerned with the details that precipitated the confrontation, demonstrates it's alacrity to besmirch police culture by plastering the footage on the 6 o'clock news for all to see and gasp at. The average citizen, with the average I.Q., or even the intelligent citizen, with the slanted, left-liberal mentality, is ready and willing to cry brutality and villify those that wear a badge. Why? Because they have no clue what our job is really about.

Yes, we have legal guidelines and policies to adhere to. And in the police academy, or in the movies even, their implementation seems to provide solutions. However, in the REAL world, more often than not, the square peg does not fit into the round hole. It is like an NFL quarterback memorizing his playbook perfectly. On the field, operating the offense is whole different affair. Things don't always happen they way they are drawn up. The measurement of a good performer is his ability to adapt on the move and still achieve the desired result.

The very same can be said about a law enforcement officer. The question is, at what price? A violation of an individual's rights? As a citizen, you cannot accurately answer that question until you've participated in this type of work and been subjected to the constraints of a society that is on an interminable vigil to witness an error and subsequently crucify.

THAT IS WHY, sir, we take care of each other. It is true, there are some that abuse the latitude afforded to them. However, there are those - case in point, FHP - that abdicate such a practice. The abdication stems from a stubborn arrogance and a sanctimony that is counterproductive to fostering a brotherhood. This is what causes the animus that has disturbed you as you have read these postings. This is what causes the well deserved ostracism of FHP that will continue until a concentrated effort is demonstrated to 'educate' the recalictrant violators of such creed.

08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
To Joe citizen who needs to find another topic to go protest because he is a has been hippie who just likes to protest.

This IS the best its gonna get, look at the police forces of other countries, say mexico or cuba. Want us acting like them? No, what you have is pretty good and is as good as its gonna get.

Think of us not getting tickets as an employee discount, its the same as when say you being manager of a Mcdonalds picks up some free fries and a couple of double quarter pounders for free on your way home for your fat ass lazy family.

Same concept.

08-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Joe Citizen is correct in his ideals. But he could never understand what we do or what we endure day in and day out. It is better to air our problems with different agencies in this forum than out on the road. But, he was also correct in saying how we would bash him. Bashing him is your decision, but you should leave his family out of it. Professionalism is a constant even if you are anonymous.

08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey ticket writing troopers....recall the "Thin Blue Line" Maybe you need to revisit the concept.

08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the input and for showing me that even with a nice, well written letter, you would still attack me and even bring my family into it. I just asked a simple question. I am sorry for being idealistic. I don't think that breaking the law is similar to an employee discount but then again what do I know? As far as being unfamilar with your jobs, I am very familar with them. I do understand the problems you face and the situations you have to deal with each and every day. I am familar with this because of the job and position that I hold. Don't assume that because I am not a LEO that I do not have a clue as to what you do. I am not going to put my credentials and qualifications on this board because it would do nothing more than to provide fuel for your vicious attacks against someone that is just seeking information. If you notice never once did I attack anyone on this site nor did I bash any LEO officer or agency. I do not feel the need to do so because it isn't the right thing to do if you are unwilling to post names with the post. You "professionals" spend enough time bashing each other and it would be perceived as hatred toward LEOs for an average citizen to act and write the things you do on this board. I am just pointing out that it looks very unprofessional for you to be treating each other the way you do. If you truly have a brotherhood as you claim then why would you treat "family" this way? Maybe you are entiltled to an "employee discount" but it shouldn't be by being allowed to flagrantly violate the laws you are sworn to uphold. Would you expect an "employee discount" on your bond if you kill an innocent child while intentionally violating traffic laws just because you carry tin in your pocket? You can say you are a trained driver and all the other stuff but if I remember correctly, when I took EVOC and then became an instructor for it, they do not condone dangerous driving but instead teach you evasive manuevers should you find yourself in a bad situation while driving but it shouldn't be a situation that you put yourself in by intentionally driving at sppeds that you would deem unsafe if some average citizen were driving it. I guess I will go and F*&% myself now as that will be the response I get from you professionals. Thanks for the input and even with all the nasty comments about me, my post, and my family (that you think you know)....I realize that most LEOs are decent people trying to do a hard and underappreciated job. I do respect and appreciate the jobs you do, I just wish you could learn to be more professional in the image you portray to the public, if you did that then maybe you would gain more public respect also. But I probably have no clue what I am talking about, right? Be safe on the streets. Go ahead and YAWN now, I am done.

08-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Joe Citizen:

You probably wrote a cogent, well reasoned post, in one long paragraph.

Unfortunately, since you did not divide it into several shorter, readable paragraphs I didn't read it.

Take a look at today's newspaper. Take a look at a magazine. Take a look at a book. They FREQUENTLY start new paragraphs to make the text READABLE.

Give it a try.

08-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Thank you for your comments. I will give it a try, I just got carried away with my typing. Sorry it is too long for you to read.

I feel as if it contains some valid points but most will try to avoid them or justify by calling me or my family names. I appreciate you not openly attacking me and only doing it in a covert manner by attacking my writing style. I do better next time.

Have a good evening. Better this time?????

08-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Hey citizen Joe, why don't you go blow the nearest bum, how's that for professional, you wasted space!

Go protest on the ALF website!

08-22-2006, 01:46 AM
That's what i'm talking about. Bring out the profanity because you can't justify why you should be entitled to break the law. You, sir, are a disgrace to your profession. If I were to blow a bum, that would mean i'd have to blow you.....and you are not worth the effort. Thanks for the offer though.

08-22-2006, 01:55 AM
That's what i'm talking about. Bring out the profanity because you can't justify why you should be entitled to break the law. You, sir, are a disgrace to your profession. If I were to blow a bum, that would mean i'd have to blow you.....and you are not worth the effort. Thanks for the offer though.

Citizen Joe, I hope you know thats not troopers responding to your post. Your just telling them what they dont want to hear, the truth.

08-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Yes sir I figured as much. I know your organization to be very professional. It sounded like someone that is just trying to get me in a dander. I know LEOs are professional most of the time and i figured that most of the posts on here are probably wanna be's that couldn't make it in your profession. Have a nice evening and be careful, the streets are mean and unforgiving.

08-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Gentlemen/Ladies,
I have been observing posts on several different threads relating to this, "LEOs getting UTCs", for a while now and I can see valid arguments on both sides "civilian vs. LEO."

#1) I am old school and believe in the brotherhood. I know several officers from several agencies," including FHP", and respect them other than the occasional idiot that slipped by the screen. For the most part they are professional, business oriented people.

#2) I have stopped numerous LEOs from agencies ranging from Tallahassee from to Palm Beach at speeds im not going to mention and "never" cranked the UTC.

#3) I came into Law Enforcement at a later age and did the civilian gig long enough to see both sides of the arena.

#4) I can see where civilians get pissed off reading that LEOs frequently get courtesy on civil infractions whereas apparently they dont. I can recall where I have written several warnings to the public.

Unless the civilian has experienced an LEO profession in the past they will never understand. You sir are beating a dead horse. We are posting this crap on the internet. You dont think were not going to get negative responses?

#5) Personally,the most embarassing thing that I could let happen to me is to get stopped by a fellow LEO violating an infraction/law that I enforce. Therefore I drive the speed limit or somewhere in the respectable envelope.

#6) To the LEOs that habitually/flagrantly violate traffic laws I.E. speeding 30 to 40 miles over the speed limit I say this, "Jesus Christ man WTF are you thinking". How can you validate this behavior? How will you explain this to supervision when you get into the 4 in your POV and your numbers come out at 100mph?

How can you enforce traffic laws when you are doing the same thing? If you choose not to work traffic thats still not a valid excuse. Ex. I dont cite speeders so its Ok if I do it.

#7)We take enough shyt from the public so stop fueling the fire. Personally, I dont believe in giving brothers UTCs but if your running 100mph and the "new generation" hammers you, you put yourself in that position. You put the ball in his field and you have no control of where it lands. Hopefully youll get T50d by old school but who knows?

In summary, I can see where both sides have legit arguments on the issue. Im not bashing joe public, and im not bashing the brotherhood. I just wish this would go away as its getting old. I wish everyone would drive like they had a brain and things were like they were in the old days. What happens here, stays here.

If your an LEO and you are stupid enough to get stopped and unfortunately stroked, pay the fine and take care of it in you own way. Not, now its on the net for the world to see.

Let it die, new subject.

08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Don't take this the wrong way BUT, I am afraid you might be trying to stir up more trouble. If you have the facts please provide them.

Where was the infraction, what was the troopers name and how fast were you going to get a ticket.

Who cares If you show them a badge...It should be Have a nice day END OF STORY...Geez its not that complicated. There is no way to justify a Written warning UTC.... Why dont you get it?

08-22-2006, 12:28 PM
[
quote="Borg"]to the LEO's who say there are enough bad guys, go get them--I say if you weren't speeding excessively the trooper would not have to waste his/her time stopping you and could actually be utilizing their time wisely than stopping a LEO, especially since they don't know they are stopping a LEO.

SS[/quote]

Thats where your wrong try 13 over on SR 5 (I-95) and the moron trooper took time to write out a written warning and then tell me,,,I have to show activuty to my Sergeant. Thats obserd..It should be HAVE A NICE DAY period and find another freaking car. I dont get it where in the H#$% does another cop get off even writting any kind of paer on another cop. IT MAKES NO SENSE and there is no way to justify that unless its a crash or something criminal.

08-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I realize that I am "only" a citizen, so you will probably bash me, call me by profane names, tell me that I have no idea what your job is like, say I don't belong on this board, etc., etc., etc......however, I have been reading the way you "professionals" bash each other and I must say it seems as if it is anything but professional. You actually sound like a bunch of school yard children whining. Everytime someone posts something intelligent sounding, you immediately go into attack mode. By reading this board, I must tell you it definately does not make me sleep better at night knowing you are protecting me and my family (I know, why don't I shut up and become an LEO then, right?). The fact of the matter is, I would love to become a police officer but I must support my family and you guys do not get paid near enough for the jobs you do. I do have a question though......why do you think you are "entitled" to be able to speed and break other traffic laws? Would you grant this so called "discretion" to a lower life form ("citizen") if they were driving 100+ down the interstate at night with no other traffic on the road? Or grant them discretion for doing 10, 15, 20 MPH over the limit? Maybe grant them discretion for having one too many and driving home? Why do you think you are entitled to this type of discretion just because of the job you have? A badge does not make you invincible. The badge you wear does not make you above the law. I know you have special training teaching you how to drive. So what! You may have that training but most other people on the road, do not. You can control your vehicle but you can not control another driver's actions. Discretion or not......if you hit a family and kill them, run over a kid and kill them, or god forbid swerve to avoid something that has run out in front of you and kill yourself......it won't matter how big your badge is, because death is permanent.

For the record, I do not think a police officer should stop a marked unit that is going on a call.....however, if you are in an unmarked unit or a personal vehicle and are driving at speeds that you would deem unsafe if a citizen were driving them, then by all means I think you should be stopped and issued a citation just like a citizen would be issued one. This is only my opinion, but I am a taxpaying citizen that is concerned about my community. I like this board because it gives me an insight as to the type of "professionals" that have been entrusted to protecting my family and myself and so far, I am very disaapointed. But then again, you don't care, right? I know, I know, just go away and F*&% myself. I get it.

Your point about getting paid enough is valid and I respect your family issues but sorry have to disagree on the officer getting cited. That is just one of the percs of being a law enforcement officer. I give so many warnings to citizens that just giving letting a LEO go falls into that dicression and I will NEVER write a written warning or UTC to another officer. Its just that simple. I respect your comments but I defintely agree to disagree.

08-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Citizen Joe your comments are well posted and with merit however citing another law enforcement officer is just taboo. It just shouldnt be done and it usually comes back to the officer in two. We have enough issues at hand on the roads than worry anout citing eachother. I will give a warning to the next person but that is my discression and that falls into that realm.

A traffic infraction is just that an infraction and I can assure you I can find another vehicle not occupied by an LEO

Oh and I saw some comments above that were uncalled for and by the termonology used, Its not an officer thats pretty much a given

08-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Thank you for your comments. I will give it a try, I just got carried away with my typing. Sorry it is too long for you to read.

I feel as if it contains some valid points but most will try to avoid them or justify by calling me or my family names. I appreciate you not openly attacking me and only doing it in a covert manner by attacking my writing style. I do better next time.

Have a good evening. Better this time?????

INCREDIBLE! I give constructive criticism which would result in getting more people to read what you write, attacking nothing about the content of your message, and you call it attacking you in a covert manner!

Ingrate!

Oh well...............................

:roll:

01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
another TPD officer cited by FHP, this time in Pasco CO. Guess it just never ends. :lol:

01-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Thats where your wrong try 13 over on SR 5 (I-95) and the moron trooper took time to write out a written warning and then tell me,,,I have to show activuty to my Sergeant. Thats obserd..It should be HAVE A NICE DAY period and find another freaking car. I dont get it where in the H#$% does another cop get off even writting any kind of paer on another cop. IT MAKES NO SENSE and there is no way to justify that unless its a crash or something criminal.[/quote]

OK you call someone else a moron and you don't know that SR5 is US1 and SR9 is I95. And it's absurd not obserd, you're not your, activuty and paer I'll chalk up to typos, really though who's the moron?

01-05-2008, 04:17 AM
Car Crash Kills Girl, 9; Police Officer Arrested

LEAD: A 9-year-old girl was killed today in an automobile accident on the Gov. Thomas E. Dewey Thruway, and a New York City police officer was charged with drunken driving and vehicular homicide in the crash.

A 9-year-old girl was killed today in an automobile accident on the Gov. Thomas E. Dewey Thruway, and a New York City police officer was charged with drunken driving and vehicular homicide in the crash.

The Rockland County District Attorney, Kenneth Gribetz, said Hector Santiago, 34, of Spring Valley, a narcotics officer, was driving north at high speed near Exit 13 in West Nyack just after midnight Wednesday when he rammed into the back of a car driven by Gloria Boyle-Renke of Queens. Her daughter, Orianna, was killed.

The girl's father, Jonathan Boyle, who rushed to the scene, said his wife, a nursing student at Queensborough Community College, had taken their daughter for a drive when the accident occurred.

Officer Santiago was arrested and taken to Nyack Hospital with broken ribs and facial injuries. He was listed in serious condition. Mrs. Boyle-Renke, 32, was taken to the same hospital with spinal and facial injuries. She was listed in critical condition.

The state police obtained a court order for a blood test for alcohol levels after the officer refused to give a blood sample, Trooper Edwin O'Casio said. The test results are being analyzed.

Officer Charged With Vehicular Homicide

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (AP) -- A police officer has been charged with vehicular homicide for allegedly driving nearly 40 miles an hour over the speed limit when his cruiser struck a pedestrian.

Alexander Griss turned himself in to the Broward County jail yesterday. He was later released on $2500 bond. If convicted, Griss faces up to 15 years in prison.

Griss was driving at least 79 miles per hour, almost double the speed limit, when his Ford Crown Victoria struck Althea Tobias McKay on June 19. The Lauderdale Lakes resident was thrown 102 feet and pronounced dead at the scene.

Police have said Griss was about to go off duty and was not responding to an emergency call.

Just google it and you'll find them. Why is it okay to speed at these kind of speeds. So when we let you go and you kill someone, then I(we) lose MY job for cutting you a break. Are you, my brother and/or sister going to pay my bills and take care of my family when I get fired and sued because you killed someone for excessive speeding.

I DON'T THINK SOOO.. BE RESPONSIBLE AND DON'T PUT US IN THIS POSITION. THAT'S WHAT TRUE BROTHERHOOD IS...

01-05-2008, 06:14 AM
i disagree... i know there are idiot cops/troopers out there like the ones in these above stories.

but they are few and far between... anyone can have an accident....

obviously if the officer is DUI,, then at minimum a spvr should be called out to make a decision perhaps..

but not having professional courtesy because there are some cops out there who are not too brigtht...

01-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Its true it happened, but the LEO that got cited for some reason dosn't want to make an issue out of it.

So why are you? JERK!

01-05-2008, 02:23 PM

So why are you? JERK!

Ill say this. Troopers are no better than a Sheriff or Police Officer. I for one do not understand the mentality of someone writting another officer it only going to come back on you two fold. I mean your placing yourself in a bad position because I can guarantee you there are some cops out there who will stop for coffee if a certain agency calls for back up. Its a freaking civil traffic infraction.

Its simple we dont write each other. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. There are enough other people to cite. I give hundred of breaks to civillians so what the difference to give a break to a brother officer local, county ,state or wherever. We cath enough flack if I can extend some thanks to cop or his family for a measily infraction then thats only a small token to show appreciation of the job he or she does.

Grow up people lets not start agency issues over a freaking UTC

01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
i disagree... i know there are idiot cops/troopers out there like the ones in these above stories.

obviously if the officer is DUI,, then at minimum a spvr should be called out to make a decision perhaps..

but not having professional courtesy because there are some cops out there who are not too brigtht...

Those mentioned were not jerks, they were over zealous in doing thier jobs. Very common. They thought they drove better than they did, thought they were saving the world and thought they were above it all. They killed people because of a lack of control. The same lack of control displayed by P0's all over the country when they are driving 25-30 mph over the speed limit. Speed Kills, Young and Old PO's drive aggressively. I give LEO's breaks, but its hard to stomach when you see people getting killed and the officers lack of respect for other agencies and this attitude that it is not a big deal to driver carelessly or at any speed deemed necessary on our days off. Set the example for others to follow. Just because you go to a tacticle driving class, you wont have a crash. We work them all the time, at least 5 a week from our local SO. Talking on the phone, speed to fast for conditions, careless, Looked at my lap top. Improper passing. Some in emergency response other just day to day driving. A regular bunch of Mario Andretti's. I wouldn't stop a marked unit, however if I stop a plan car for over 30 mph's I would be a little hot, and if the attitude from the violator comes off a little condensending. You never know, I might have to make him my first. Deep down, I would just want to kick is butt. Drive Safe, Arrive Alive!!!

01-05-2008, 03:04 PM

What's the matter Mr. Citizen, nothing to do while on your break at Walmart? Do you not get employee discounts or perks where you work? So do we. Not writing a fellow officer is a professional perk that we enjoy.

01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Thats where your wrong try 13 over on SR 5 (I-95) and the moron trooper took time to write out a written warning and then tell me,,,I have to show activuty to my Sergeant. Thats obserd..It should be HAVE A NICE DAY period and find another freaking car. I dont get it where in the H#$% does another cop get off even writting any kind of paer on another cop. IT MAKES NO SENSE and there is no way to justify that unless its a crash or something criminal.

OK you call someone else a moron and you don't know that SR5 is US1 and SR9 is I95. And it's absurd not obserd, you're not your, activuty and paer I'll chalk up to typos, really though who's the moron?[/quote]

Hey rookie Ill save my Grammar for a PCA, this is a blog suck it up and deal with it. As far as State 5,9. Who cares.... I work off SR93 if you want to be technical. I think you got the point... You cant defend an idiot cop who writes another cop period or even takes the time to go back to her car and print out a warning what a joke. I know that will not occur over here because we would black ball that trooper in a heart beat. That just goes to show you in rookie school now days they arent teaching like they used to but I can tell you we school our own and would not even waste our time. You show me a badge...Its have a nice day. Period.

That crap will bite you in the butt or even get you or another trooper hurt oneday. Remember youre not the only one who wears that uniform. You show your butt and I bet the next time x49 hears x94 FHP. Trust me youll might get someone that says,,," I wonder if that is that prick troooper hey I gotta stop here for just a minute or two...Get my point.....Say what you want but this is Florida it might just occur and it could be YOU

01-06-2008, 03:14 AM

Those mentioned were not jerks, they were over zealous in doing thier jobs. Very common. They thought they drove better than they did, thought they were saving the world and thought they were above it all. They killed people because of a lack of control. The same lack of control displayed by P0's all over the country when they are driving 25-30 mph over the speed limit. Speed Kills, Young and Old PO's drive aggressively. I give LEO's breaks, but its hard to stomach when you see people getting killed and the officers lack of respect for other agencies and this attitude that it is not a big deal to driver carelessly or at any speed deemed necessary on our days off. Set the example for others to follow. Just because you go to a tacticle driving class, you wont have a crash. We work them all the time, at least 5 a week from our local SO. Talking on the phone, speed to fast for conditions, careless, Looked at my lap top. Improper passing. Some in emergency response other just day to day driving. A regular bunch of Mario Andretti's. I wouldn't stop a marked unit, however if I stop a plan car for over 30 mph's I would be a little hot, and if the attitude from the violator comes off a little condensending. You never know, I might have to make him my first. Deep down, I would just want to kick is butt. Drive Safe, Arrive Alive!!!

No offense but you mentioned pull over a marked car. That wouldnt happen because you know darn well the cop in that cruiser isnt going to even cooperate with you much less stop. My S.O. works our own and FHP just mainly works the crash if they drive up on it. We handle all of them as our Sheriff does not believe in passing them off to FHP.

I agree with your post about driving Mario Andretti but we had a trooper a couple of years back try to stop one of cars going to a prowler call. It got bad because the deputy thought the trooper wanted to help then the trooper asked for a DL from the deputy. The deputy said either back me up or or leave and told the trooper as he was going to go to jail for obstruction. It just got ugly all around. I would not recommend that
at all. Im not talking aobut 10 or 12 over thats a joke to write for anyone but you know if they are that bad. call their supervisor I guarantee thats the smarter way if in fact that even has to be done and that had better be close to Reckless.