PDA

View Full Version : Gag order

08-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Apparently too many worker bees have noted unfair labor practices, improper procedures by chief and staff, and poor policy. Although a study was ordered to be done to review such mismanagement, now comes Chief Harmon's newest campaign.

Rather than address the multitude of employment issues and correct them, the chief is in the process of adding yet another written directive: anyone complaining about SPPD will be disciplined.

Ranking sworn officers may be demoted; officers may be fired. Another excellent example of the kind of "leadership" at SPPD.

Now employees must ask themselves another question, beyond "is anyone listening?" You must ask is criticism worthy of discipline?

Free speech - just another annoying constitutional irritant for Chief Harmon.

08-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Dissent: the highest form of patriotism

- Thomas Jefferson -

08-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Annoy City Hall: Think For Yourself!

08-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Blind faith in bad leadership does not make a good police officer

08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
That's right, Chuck. Don't fix the problem. Shoot the messenger. You're losing officers right and left, and filling the positions you can with the weakest cadets ever seen. And what about those call center people leaving? More problems that begin in your office, or perhaps a bit higher. Maybe you can transfer more people to IA from patrol or CPOs to prosecute those who speak out or question your competence. Gotta protect and serve - protect your own tail and serve the mayor!

08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
That's an unfair characterization of SPPD's regime. As a major, I can testify that we ARE allowed to ask questions. Here are several asked just this week in the chief's office:
1 - What do you want me to do next?
2 - How high?
3 - Transfer who?

08-15-2006, 01:27 PM
There is a court decision that states police officers do not lose their rights of free speech just because of their profession.

I'm going to express some right now

Davis is a racist, and a thug

Chucky is a moron of stellar proportion

St. Pete is a dump filled with animals

SPPD has lost it's soul only the insurrection of the tax paying portion of the populace will save it

P.S. Baker is a spineless twit also

carry on

08-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Has a written order been issued? If so, please advise a reference number, I would be very interested in seeing it.

08-15-2006, 06:35 PM
SPPD has gone NUTS? Where are your unions? They need to jump on this situation with both feet.

08-15-2006, 06:38 PM
There has to be a real problem before the unions can jump on it (not that they would anyway), but nothing has been issued yet.

08-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Can't WAIT for the media to get on this. What great news articles this will make.

Let's institutionalize "no comment". Next the chief will order technicians to put up crime scene tape around the police station. Call it Chuckville PD.