PDA

View Full Version : My little Angel

08-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I am watching my little Angel watch Mickey's Playhouse Disney and I wonder what the world will be like when she is old enough to really understand it. We took a walk down Telegraph Ave a couple of weeks ago and she smiled and said hello to all of the bums loitering on the street and I realized that she doesn't see them as bums and that her perspective is that people are good. My perspective is that people are not so good a bunch of the time.

So how do I protect her from my perspective and the reality of San Francisco? I really can't although I would like to. Don't get me wrong, I will fight for her, I will correct and protect her but in the end there will become a time in which she will need to determine what is the right thing to do. I hope that she will make the decision based on her moral code and not be swayed by the constant media bombardment that subject children to drug crazed hollywood morons.

So please give me some advice here, how do you raise your children? I feel like a freek in this city, I am Straight, Don't Smoke, Drink or Do Drugs and am conservative. 60 years ago I would have fit in somewhere but in SF I feel like I don't belong. It reminds me of what Savage sezs "Everything that in Normal is Perverse and all that is Perverse in Normal in San Francisco"

08-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Happy and Free, there are still many good people in this city. The problem is they are in the minority and the city is run by leftist politicians who constantly go against what the voters want and they could care less what responible people like you want. The way I see it, you can stand strong and be the guiding moral light for your daughter and stick around to see if the city ever changes or you can make a sacrafice and leave this beautiful city, like most officers have done, to raise your daughter in a normal enviroment. Either decision is noble, because you will do it for the protection of you daughter and the betterment of life. The truth is I don't see this city changing anytime soon unless the voters stand up and oust the idiots in charge.

08-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Check out Oakland PD and click on "Respect the Police" and then find the one titled "Very Tired".

Very warm and nice for cops to read. Pass it on...