PDA

View Full Version : Position openings?

08-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Hello all! I was just curious as to what salary and morale are like in your agency. I am looking to come to the road from the jail, but I do not want to do it with the agency I currently work for. Judging by what I read in here, Pasco Deputies are more professional, more mature, and less hung up bashing anyone who isn't a road dog. I'd appreciate any input.

08-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Are you sure you've been reading the Pasco posts?

08-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Guess I was wrong. Thanks for the input.

08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
If you want to be a "retired on duty" cop this is the place for you. the top 4 here wont let you do anything aggressive even though we got 17 homicides so far this year. Their hoping the bad guys magically go away???????

08-14-2006, 11:11 AM
By and large, my experience is that the majority of folks here at PSO are very professional and take pride in their jobs. THis is both Detention and Uniform Ops. Like most agencies, we have our share of people who - for whatever reason - are not happy but stay here nonetheless.

If you are coming from Pinellas, then you will probably be happy here. The working environment is MUCH better at PSO than PCSO in its best day. I don't have a lot of contact experience with other surrounding agencies, but I encouragfe you to give Pasco a shot.

As I am sure you know, there is a lot more to a LEA than the people who like to post derogatory statements on LEOAffairs.

08-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the feed back! Hmmm... why am I not the least bit surprised that you know I work for Pinellas?? This agency's reputation certainly preceeds it and knows no bounds. I will certainly have to look into coming to your agency when I'm through in the jail. I like the jail, and I like the road. I personally believe both jobs are important and any of us that are certified could do either. That is not the case at our agency though, I hate the morale and attitude of road staff. Have a good one and be safe everyone!

08-19-2006, 05:00 PM
listen Pinellas, been here for many years, Pasco is a growing agency and a GOOD place to work, not to mention Sheriff white is a good guy to his people. but truth of the matter is Sheriff White is losing control to his top 3 underneath him(Patrol). theyre making terrible decisions and "ripping off the public's security". Eventually I think all the mistakes will be exposed due to an aggressive reporter (Tom Lake) and the Sheriff will be put on the "carpet" to explain. Not a complainer I'm just being honest

08-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I appreciate that. You would never hear this kind of honesty from people within our agency. One person would tell me to **** off since I'm still a detention deputy, and another would kiss the sheriffs ass, and the whole conversation would be lost in malicious comments that mean nothing. I appreciate the feedback from your agency members.

08-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Just make the change, Mike. I know you just started at the PSCO jail about a year ago but the road is where it is at.

08-23-2006, 12:57 AM
This isn't Mike, but I am friends with him. He is going to the road. The road is great, but the road with my agency is shameful. How is the pay at Pasco?

manmilk
08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
This isn't Mike, but I am friends with him. He is going to the road. The road is great, but the road with my agency is shameful. How is the pay at Pasco?

Those with 6 years in are making 19.xx/hr.

08-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Ok if it isn't Mike than it must be Jonathan. The road is where it is at.

08-25-2006, 08:16 PM
LOL, Do It! Wrong again, not Johnathan (sp?) either. I don't know Johnathan though. I've never worked at Pasco, nor have I had any friends their, I just met some great guys who came from Pasco so I wanted to see how the agency was. I'm sure that no one at your agency knows who I am as I am pretty much a nobody. Take care everyone.