PDA

View Full Version : I AM TIRED!

08-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm tired of going to bull**** calls like "check a reckless driver northbound on 49 st from 38 av n. Its a blue 4dr, no tag, unk make or model. Resident Refused."

I'm tired of people calling the police to raise their kids. "Just talk to him officer. I told him if he did not listen to me and pick up his room, I was going to call the police."

I'm tired of taking 3-6 controls per night. That's a weeks worth of reports for any other agency in the area.

I'm tired of people with one year on moving to specialized units. U don't even know how to be an officer yet, but they put you in a unit some officers work years trying to get into.

I'm of tired seeing good officers leave this place. (Remia, Dragon, Magnani, Achey, B Lofton, J Reese, and the list goes on).

I'm tired of seeing 4-5 p.o.'s in the program and then only one of them stays.

I'm tired of bull**** promotions that are done not because of merit or ability, but because the person fits a certain cultural need and/or has been selected because of who his friends are. (Can you guess which new LT im thinking of?)

I'm tired of seeing strict enforcement of traffic north of central, and nothing south of central. Congrats speeders and reckless drivers midtown and south side, you get a free pass while the rest of the citizens fill the coffers from traffic details north of you.

I'm tired of hearing "it will get better." I tried to believe that, but this place continues to circle the drain and go further and further down.

I'm tired of having no one in my chain of command who I can really trust. Rank is pretty much all full of back stabbing assh**** who will do whatever they can to get promoted. There are a few who do not fit that mold, but they are few and far between.

In conclusion, I am tired. But I'm awake enough to fill out these applications here in front of me that I have been holding off of for so long. I'm sure there will be the "good, leave! we don't need your kind here" post. Whatever. Keep closing your eyes and licking that Sgt's bung hole. You'll get that promotion or transfer you so richly do not deserve.

El Guapo
08-04-2006, 05:12 PM
yes, yes my friend, you have a very good point. I too am tired....oh look, time for my siesta!

08-04-2006, 06:36 PM
As you already guessed......seeeeeee yaaaaaaa also do you need any help filling those applications out cry baby

08-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Dearest Senior Officer,

In all actuality, your words suggest that you have the mentality of a mere child. You sir/madam, are the one who should consider leaving this pseudo police "force." Not the good cops that speak to the genuine issues at hand. Enjoy your dark and limited state of mind Senior Officer, as your leaders have created it (go Go!) and groomed you to appreciate such things. Your grade school tirade clearly defines the ideal mindless puppet which leaders of SPPD department hold in such high regard. You, Senior Officer, are clearly incapable of performing your job based upon your oblivious response to Guest12’s posting. . Grow up and get a job that better favors your capacities. BTW- McDonald’s is hiring.

Have a great day!! :D :D :D

Lawman
08-04-2006, 10:42 PM
I will be the first to admit that our agency has a boatload of problems and is probably beyond fixing. That being said, here's some food for thought.

If you have some time in, you are probably making somewhere between 60k-70k a year with overtime. And admit it, the job isn't that bad...yeah, there are sucky moments, but all in all, how difficult is it to go to someone's house, listen to their bullshit story, write a half-assed report, and move on to the next call. Most people on the agency don't even have a B.A. degree--there are a lot of people with masters degrees making less than 50k a year, and putting in 60 hour work weeks for that money. If I worked consistent 60 hour weeks, I'd be pushing 100 grand. Yes, it would be great to have a staff that supported us, yes, it would be nice to actually see justice done on the streets. Yes, if you have just started, go somewhere else now before you get too much time in. But once you have your senority in, you are making damn good money and not working too hard for it.

I work for a bunch of clowns--but I laugh all the way to the bank.

08-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I will be the first to admit that our agency has a boatload of problems and is probably beyond fixing. That being said, here's some food for thought.

If you have some time in, you are probably making somewhere between 60k-70k a year with overtime. And admit it, the job isn't that bad...yeah, there are sucky moments, but all in all, how difficult is it to go to someone's house, listen to their bullshit story, write a half-assed report, and move on to the next call. Most people on the agency don't even have a B.A. degree--there are a lot of people with masters degrees making less than 50k a year, and putting in 60 hour work weeks for that money. If I worked consistent 60 hour weeks, I'd be pushing 100 grand. Yes, it would be great to have a staff that supported us, yes, it would be nice to actually see justice done on the streets. Yes, if you have just started, go somewhere else now before you get too much time in. But once you have your senority in, you are making damn good money and not working too hard for it.

I work for a bunch of clowns--but I laugh all the way to the bank.

Very eloquently put, Lawman! We should call you "hammerman" because you hit the nail on the head. Working for Tampa, the exact same things are going on, maybe not to the same extent, but they're getting there. No matter what we get, or don't get, there are always going to be complainers. You can't please all of the people all of the time. I have friends in School system administration and healthcare administration. I work less and make more than them. The only thing is that in Law enforcement, you can earn your salary on any given Sunday...

08-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Do you really crave change or are you too settled in for such a risk? Most want to complain without doing the work to truly prepare for a better life. How is another dept better? Real cops in the chain of command with actual experience who offer support, training, and equipment to do the job. I mean a law enforcement job: recognizing criminal behavior, putting forth the effort & resources to prevent and stop it, supporting troops when they genuinely try to fulfill the mission.

They don't reprimand a cop who missteps along the way for a minor technicality. Instead they have the ofc's immediate supervisor address it informally to improve performance, not issue formal, written discpline. That's the difference between leadership and mere management (like at SPPD).

Isn't that what former chief Curtsinger and then Vine asked us to do? See how their words got trampled by the coalition? They got smeared and then run out on bogus compaigns they were racists. Can't control the masses with those guys around. Can't foster unity in the community themes with that type of law enforcement. Can't advance certain types when real cops are in charge. Can't reward skills, knowledge, and ability when you're focused on being a puppet.

Go where real policing is practiced and still make the money. Try Sarasota County SO. There are other places too. You'll get better pay, work better neighborhoods and maybe even get the recogition you deserve. Imagine that! Or stay at SPPD and linger on the vine...whining about how it isn't right, or fair, or it doesn't seem like it's improving. Look at any number of factors objectively and you'll see - it hasn't gotten better and it won't. Unless you measure things by standards more suited to nepotism, favoritism, and other ism's.

It's not about seeing the glass half-full. It's about re-assessing why you originally wanted to be a cop in the first place. It's about what you thought you could do in and for the community. How handicapped by this system will you allow yourself to be before you recognize your own dilemna? DO SOMETHING.

08-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Like I have posted numerous times before on this site and under the same name....JUST LEAVE.

I left this year for another agency and you can too. The grass may not always be greener on the other side but it sure as hell is for me. Get out while you can.

Like I posted before....If you have less than 5 years in and you do not have an application filed for another agency than you get exaclty what you deserve.

JUST LEAVE....Simple isn't it!!!!!

08-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Me, not tired. Life (and work) is what you make of it.

Three to six calls per night? I hope you not get writing cramp.

The downfall of SPPD started when Chief Curtslinger decided he didn't want to meet every month with the pastors from the southside. Upon missing three straight meetings, he was given his walking papers... and a job at the airport.

The department never got back on its feet. Why not?

08-07-2006, 05:30 PM
SPPD has been in various states of decline since Curtsinger left. Now it's just a shadow government of Go Davis. Do you think Midtown might make more progress if he stopped micromanaging the police department? I'm glad I left the incestuous cesspool for a better department. SPPD will only get better with a complete housecleaning from Major on up. Just putting another pretender to the throne in place of Chucky the Meek won't help. Fresh and professional outside blood is needed, but no potential chief in his right mind would tolerate the political interference of the goon squad from city hall.

Lawman
08-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Who knows, maybe next election we will get a strong mayor who will clean house, you never know. Baker can't run again, Davis is unelectable, and no one else is standing out right now. If we can get someone like John Bryant in there, who knows how things might change.

08-08-2006, 12:21 AM
"If we can get someone like John Bryant in there, who knows how things might change."

err, ahhhh... Kathleen Ford!

08-11-2006, 01:58 PM
:o Vote for Foster!!!!!!!!!!! :o

08-11-2006, 02:27 PM
A vote for Foster would be like a vote for J.W. Cate in the old days. Worthless. Glad hand you and then plant it firmly in your back. Biggest two-faced bible thumping liar on the planet. Don't be fooled. Foster's not really on your side. :!: :!: :!:

08-11-2006, 03:08 PM
3-6 controls a night is a weeks worth of work at any other agency? See, you guys think you are so much busier than the rest of the county. Maybe somewhat, but the rest of Pinellas isnt check on, think about lunch, eat lunch, coffee break, home.

08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
3-6 controls a night is a weeks worth of work at any other agency? See, you guys think you are so much busier than the rest of the county. Maybe somewhat, but the rest of Pinellas isnt check on, think about lunch, eat lunch, coffee break, home.

"controls" here are actual reports that have to be typed. Unlike at the SO where it is any call you go to. The controls do not include the 10-12 other calls each night also. There is not a deputy anywhere in the county that goes to 10+ calls a shift.

Lawman
08-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I think we should start writing every call...make a mountain out of a molehile. Lets jam up everything and make a ton of money on overtime. They can burn you for NRing a call, but they can't do anything about writing a report for a NR call...especially if there's something you can make out of it, which you can almost always do....That barking dog, maybe its an animal cruelty, better document it, besides, the CPO may need extra info...That BS brawl where nobody is there (probably because it was holding because no units were available), hey, someone may be found dead in the morning, better document it....

How many jobs can you think of where you get paid to be inefficient?

08-12-2006, 08:06 PM
John Bryant must have posted the message about Foster ! Bryant has to toot his own horn, cause no one else will - oh! I forgot - Baker will - and Go will.

Bryant is the mayor's goon on the council - rubber stamps whatever the mayor wants and bullies anyone else who doesn't follow suit. The mayor could care less about law enforcement and tells Bryant exactly how to behave - so how could Bryant ever be a mayor for law enforcement?

Remember that Bryant was in favor of the mayor's plan to give money to settle the law suit with the family of Tyron Lewis - Foster was not in favor of it. Bryant has stated publically that he will not vote in favor of take home cars outside the city limits. He doesn't think there is a morale problem in the department, that it's just whinning by the unions to get more money and that he unconditionally supports Harmon. Bryant was not supportive of doing the management study of the PD - Foster was the one who pushed it and got it through the council, despite the mayor's determination to stop the study - what's a'matta mayor - afraid someone outside the city will see what's going on??? - and John Bryant going right along with the mayor to keep it all quiet.

Foster has always been a friend to the rank and file - supports raises, take home cars, etc. and understands what's happening in the department regarding promotions, discipline and administration. Unfortunately, the council is useless in correcting employee matters - ONLY the mayor is allowed to deal with employees - the buck stops at baker's desk. If Bryant is ever mayor it will be more of the same for officers.

Bryant - go away - you are just another forked toungue serpent - not the one we need.

08-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Foster did not push the police study. He had to be nudged to think it was needed. You can thank Danner, Bennett, and Kriseman for really pushing it. That stooge Rene was too busy being absent to care, and she does whatever Go Davis says anyway.

Come on over to PCSO...the water's fine.

08-12-2006, 11:43 PM

Ok Dep, you have it just as bad in South Pass as we do down in Midtown.