PDA

View Full Version : Chief

08-03-2006, 01:33 PM
When is the Chief going to stop treating the supervision like a bunch of *&^%. They were all here working in basically the same capacity before he became chief and all did a good job. Now no matter what they do they can't please him. The major get's no respect and I'm sure is very intimidated by the chief since he continuously threatens his job. The captains are pretty much in the same boat, all are afraid to speak up for their officer's for fear of being fired. The Lt's are expected to run a zone 24/7, attend community meetings, work complaints on officers including IA's, (Why do we have an IA Lt) supervise their zone officer's and the officer's working their shift and know everything that is going on with their officer's and their zones 24/7. Wow, you think this might roll down hill? The officer's take alot of the blunt from this cause the supervisors are afraid of getting in trouble if they don't crack the wip. Now we have national acreditation and how do you think we got there? It was the hard work of all the men and women who have dedicated their careers to the bradenton police department and what thanks do we get? Working day to day in fear of losing our jobs. This is a great department with great people working here, we as a whole get the job done and always have. We have come along way in the past few years and yes the chief has been a big part of that, however I fear we are about to lose some good people because they just can't continue to work under these conditions. That's really ashame. We are all people who have normal life's and families too. All we want to do is come to work and do our jobs the best we can without being in fear of being fired because the chief decides on that particular day he doesn't like the way something was done. All I've been trying to say is let everyone just do their job without worrying about getting belittled, demoted or fired. Just felt like venting, hang in there everybody, we are still a great team!

08-03-2006, 06:26 PM
I thought the post was extremely well written and well thought out. Kudos. :)

08-04-2006, 12:43 AM
My guess makes it a L unit, due to the fact they are always crying about everything the Chief does to improve the agency...God forbid if they work a midnight, its like the end of the world....I say demote them and then see if how much they cry about being a S unit....that would fix the problem real quick!!

08-04-2006, 04:21 AM
Why is this guy still living outside Manantte County?I hate to break the news but fear and intimidation isnt the way to motivate the troops.Oh' wait maybe in Washington,better still why is it the city feels it has to go out of state for a chief?I do believe a chief could be promoted from within.I guess mr condo mayor has no faith with the local candidates.When was it that you had a leader that you felt fear of being fired?MR Washington needs to take a chill pill and let people do their jobs.

08-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Well on a positive note--looks like the Chief's efforts behind the scenes working the Mayor and Council may pay off with a new higher offer from the City.

08-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I am not sure why those that post nasty comments think they wil be posted for any lenghth of time. I can only speculate that they are coming from outside of the agency because of the content. I can delete and ban IP address all day folks, so clean it up.

08-22-2006, 06:31 PM
DEAR MOD, Why isnt it ok to criticise the chief? None of us are perfect and as long as it doesnt get nasty it could be helpfull for him to see how people really think instead of a bunch of yes man.I agree with you constructive comments not personal attacks should be allowed. :roll:

08-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Then why hasn't the "FNG" in the "Better People" thread been banned? I'm sure everything he says is real constructive.

08-22-2006, 11:25 PM
He always wants to know what we think--may not always agree but he will listen--

08-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Dear guest, your post is somewhat late. My post was due to nasty comments that were slanderous against him. Not for being criticized about his performance. I encourage all of you to maintain a professional tone. Some of these posts that have been deleted were very nasty and I'm sure if they were aimed at you by name you would want them removed as well. I will not tolerate nor will LEO AFFAIRS slanderous comments. You refer to the FNG posts from another topic, well I have removed many posts and I am still removing them as we speak. I am close to removing the entire thread due to the immaturity shown there. We all have our opinions and they are encouraged but keep them professional. No one wants to read something posted by someone that sounds like a crying 2 year old. It is not taken serious and achieves nothing. If you would like to E-mail me about something on this board click the link and we will talk in private.

08-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Read your post. Just because u work some place doesn't mean you should be promoted. U can be a nice person but not have the abilities and knowledge to be promoted to a specific position. Such is the case with the chief''s administration. He didn't choose them. Take a long look at the history of this dept. People were and are promoted only because of longevity. The persons sitting in the upper positions are not qualified for the positions they sit in. Education, Education and Education.

08-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Chief Raz. respects balls. He does not want a bunch of yes men, he wants supervisors who can think for themselves and make decisions without asking his permission every five seconds. He may not agree with your decision, but if you use common sense and are able to support what you did he will respect it. I have seen a few supervisors stand up to him, and they were not fired or demoted. He shakes things up to see who will bow down and who will man up.