PDA

View Full Version : Chief Deputy Sexton

08-03-2006, 04:22 AM
I heard that sgt sexton might be going to work for some other county as their CD. Any one else heard anything? We went out many years ago and thought I would ask.

08-05-2006, 01:55 AM
I heard that sgt sexton might be going to work for some other county as their CD. Any one else heard anything? We went out many years ago and thought I would ask.

That would be great, no more whinning or complaining, no more splitting a shift and placing "us against them". We would actually have a watch commander on night shift who does not use swat as an excuse to lay out of work.

08-05-2006, 11:57 AM
WAAAAAAA!
Sounds like someone's jealous.

08-05-2006, 01:35 PM
when your the best you can do what you want, he was a deputy sheriff with no rank once to. HE EARNED IT

08-05-2006, 01:39 PM
the way you guys sound i would leave too.

08-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Lt. Sexton started at the bottom and worked hard! Unlike many of you who write those ugly and mean comments about other people you should follow the example that he has set. Set a goal, work hard and do your best. Have morals and integerity and you can achieve what you set out to do and then go home and look yourself in the mirror and know you are a good man. Sexton has never back stabbed and if it was not for him SWAT would not be what it is today, a dedicated and professional team. It is really sad that you can post negative comments about a medal of valor recipient and 16 year veteran. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch! I am proud to have Lt. Sexton serving our community and we wish him the best in what ever he chooses to do.

08-05-2006, 06:25 PM
For those "so called officers" who are just collecting a paycheck, you know the ones......they are extremely overweight, sleep on duty and are just basically a waste of oxygen. The ones like the "guest" that posted the negative comments about Lt. Sexton , I will respond with a quote from Teddy Roosevelt, a quote which I believe that you and your kind have never heard before...... To the Man in the Arena
"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

We are Proud of Lt. Sexton!

08-05-2006, 06:43 PM
I believe that Lt. Sexton has earned the right to take a night off if he chooses. I believe that Lt. Sexton has earned the right to "*****" if he wants. "How?" you might ask. Lt. Sexton earned that right in January 2001. Oh, and he was awarded the LE Medal of Valor for that incident. Lt. Sexton also conducts SWAT training during his week off, sacrificing family time. Also, the SWAT Team receives no extra pay for being a member. I am curious to know what someone who would question Lt. Sexton's integerity brings to the table!!

08-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I believe that Lt. Sexton has earned the right to take a night off if he chooses. I believe that Lt. Sexton has earned the right to "*****" if he wants. "How?" you might ask. Lt. Sexton earned that right in January 2001. Oh, and he was awarded the LE Medal of Valor for that incident. Lt. Sexton also conducts SWAT training during his week off, sacrificing family time. Also, the SWAT Team receives no extra pay for being a member. I am curious to know what someone who would question Lt. Sexton's integerity brings to the table!!

AT LEAST THOSE WHO ARE ASLEEP ARE TRYING, SEXTON DONT EVEN SHOW UP. I CANT SEE THAT HE HAS EARNED ANYTHING. HE SHOULD GO TO UNICOI COUNTY. HE CAN BE THEIR HERO.

YEAH HE MAY SACRIFICE HIS TIME ON SWAT DAYS BUT, LET THERE BE NO MISTAKE, HE VERY WELL MAKES UP FOR IT WHEN HE LETS HIS PLATOON WORK SHORT DURING THE NIGHT SHIFTS.

ALSO THE SWAT TEAM GETS COMP TIME JUST AS THE REST OF THE DEPT. I DONT SEE THAT THEY SHOULD BE TREATED ANY DIFFERENT.

AND LETS NOT EVEN GET STARTED ON THE SHOOTING INCIDENT.

AN THE AWARD THAT WAS GIVEN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PERSON WHO GAVE IT.

08-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Once again, what do you bring to the table? How could someone that sleeps be trying? I find it funny that you hide behind "guest." It proves that anyone who would believe the stuff you believe is a COWARD.

You don't want to mention the shooting? Go ahead and impart your great investigative knowledge. Tell us what was wrong with the shooting. As far as the "one who gave it to him" he was probably the same "one" who hired you!! At least Lt. Sexton didn't MISS and get "Officer of the Year" for missing!!!

08-05-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm glad to see, as a Washington co citizen and employee, that the wcsd has such an honorable and hard working officer. Such as, Lt. Sexton. It's officers and people like him that keep the county proud of their SD. its sad to see that his own fellow co-workers (SD deputies) are so spiteful and vendictive when it comes to one of their own. It scares me to think that when i lay down at night, "those" officers are protecting me and my family. As for Sexton, i wish there were 1,000 more officers just like him. Trustworthy, strong, leader, kind, and God fearing. He has earned and worked hard for everthing he has in life. If he chooses to try and better his career for himself and his family, than may we all look to him as an example of what every "man" should be! And for those who disagree, thats your problem.

08-05-2006, 11:41 PM
RIGHT ON BROTHER OR SISTER!!!!!!!!! There is one thing to be said and that is Lt. Sexton is GOD FEARING and has raised his children in the same way! These mean people need to open the Bible and see what God says about harming "one of his own". It is really sad that we have "officers" who would cut another "officers" throat over rumors! You are right, I would take a 1,0000 officers just like Lt. Sexton anyday. God Bless You and your family! :D

08-06-2006, 02:58 AM

AT LEAST THOSE WHO ARE ASLEEP ARE TRYING, SEXTON DONT EVEN SHOW UP. I CANT SEE THAT HE HAS EARNED ANYTHING. HE SHOULD GO TO UNICOI COUNTY. HE CAN BE THEIR HERO.

YEAH HE MAY SACRIFICE HIS TIME ON SWAT DAYS BUT, LET THERE BE NO MISTAKE, HE VERY WELL MAKES UP FOR IT WHEN HE LETS HIS PLATOON WORK SHORT DURING THE NIGHT SHIFTS.

ALSO THE SWAT TEAM GETS COMP TIME JUST AS THE REST OF THE DEPT. I DONT SEE THAT THEY SHOULD BE TREATED ANY DIFFERENT.

AND LETS NOT EVEN GET STARTED ON THE SHOOTING INCIDENT.

AN THE AWARD THAT WAS GIVEN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PERSON WHO GAVE IT.
Poor Baby..... Since when did tax payers like myself start paying money to officers who think that sleeping is trying! What are you someone who could not pass the standards for the SWAT team or were you kicked off due to having sleep apnea or eating disorder! You mention SWAT gets comp time, HELLO I guess that means Lt. Sexton uses his comp time huh! When was the last time you were faced in the dark by a "thug" and had to defend yourself and fellow officers by pulling your gun, but I guess this was when you were sleeping "trying".Sorry they do not give out awards to "bed heads." :lol:

08-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Lt.Sexton is an outstanding officer and works his butt off. He actually helped me on a call, he saved my son's life from a car accident. He risked his life and placed him self in danger for my son, (his friend lost his life in that same accident)someone he did not even know. He is a man of integerity and honor and always places God first and that is why he will go far in life. Thank You for your sacrifice and screw those who try and cause you harm!
He notified my husband and I with respect and waited for us at the hospital. He did not leave my son alone the whole time. He worked over and stayed with my son placing his family aside. KEEP IT UP SEXTON and I wish you the best in what ever you do. Any police force would be lucky and blessed to have you serve. :wink:

09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Well it will not take long to figure this one out. Perhaps if you were there the night of the incident you could make some type of intelligent comment intead of the slurs against the charcter of the LT. I was there and as far as I am concerned he SAVED my life. Things were not as appeared but at that time that was an unknown factor...engage brain before mouth next time! Loyalty in any shape or form must be a thing of the past. Yea, as I said before you'll figure out real easy who I am so feel free to blast a reserve as a no one if you desire but leave an officer who has paid his dues well enoung alone!

09-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I am proud that there are still officers (reserve or full time) that will back each other up! Good officers and good friends are hard to come by these days and old jar head I consider you part of the family. I know excatly who you are and I would be proud to serve with you anyday. You are a man of character and class, just as my brother. God Bless and once again Thanks for the support.

10-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Who called for the U.S. Marines? For some odd reason I have received orders to report to LEO Affairs for duty. It seems that a brother is in need of 10-38, well just a little encouragement maybe. I must say to Lt. Sexton, Never, Never allow some idiot to cause you to second guess yourself should a incident like this re-occur. As you have been told in the past.... Good Job!! You, as well as those other guys went home that next morning. You made a tough decision that night but the right decision. Remember we have your back, not only as law enforcement brothers but as fellow Marines.

Semper Fi, A Leatherneck
[/b]

02-26-2007, 10:26 PM
First thing if you haven't been in a situation as he was then shut the F$#k UP! It would amaze me how may of you crybabies in that position would have missed your target or been shot yourself! Lt. has worked his ass off for what he has achieved and can hold his head up high. [/b]