PDA

View Full Version : Police ride along

08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Can someone tell me how long the police ride along lasts? Thanks.

08-02-2006, 10:18 PM
depends on whether the officer you are riding with resigns before the end of the shift!

08-02-2006, 11:11 PM
and oh so true!

08-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Hellow everone,

Even though I am aware of the problems at SPPD, I would still like to do a ride along with your agency. I am a criminal Justice major at SPC. My dad is a retired Police Officer from this area and now works for a small department. I am trying to ride with every major agency in the bay area. I speant many of nights riding as an Explorer, however now I need to start looking at where I am going to apply. Any info on who to talk to about riding would be great.

When Police Officers can't count on other Police Officers than the world is in trouble. It's called Family.

08-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Spent and then would be better words, and you are in college.

08-03-2006, 03:26 AM
listen here penis go back and snuggle with your mommy..... fag hope he gets hired at sppd land of the moron.. with stinky LT. CLEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

08-03-2006, 04:17 PM
If you would like to ride along, call the training building at 893-7662 and speak with the recruiters. They can make any referrals and help you out. One thing I noticed with any organization is that you cannot give up and don't thing the first answer is the right answer.

08-04-2006, 12:36 AM
I would look at an agency that gets you in the state retirement system. That way you can work for otehr state agencies under the same retirement plan. If you go with a city you can not take it with you.

08-04-2006, 01:46 AM
FRS is currently 112 percent funded. Anything between 80 and 120 percent is consdered exceptonal. I guarantee SPPD pension fund is not anywhere close to 80 percent. There is a better chance that St. Pete will default on their pension responsibilities than they stay funded to pay out

08-04-2006, 03:18 AM
FRS is currently 112 percent funded. Anything between 80 and 120 percent is consdered exceptonal. I guarantee SPPD pension fund is not anywhere close to 80 percent. There is a better chance that St. Pete will default on their pension responsibilities than they stay funded to pay out

In reference to the department's pension, get your facts straight before you start babbling your non sense. The police pension fund is 78% funded. Don't believe it, drive to the MSC building and ask Viki Grant to see the departments pension report. It will show you everything.

08-04-2006, 04:23 AM
What's it matter how well it's funded, if you leave they'll STEAL the money from you anyways. Just do a ride along with the agency your going to go work for in 2 years and don't waste your time here. Then you'll already have 2yrs in the retirement and only 23 to go rather than having to start all over once you quit.

08-04-2006, 10:36 PM
How dare you!

The City of St Satansburg would never steal from a pension fund!

10-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Q: What's green and gold and sits on a pile of sh--?

A: Cleven Wyatt

10-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Wow randomly found this. Surprised by the crappy spelling and the negative attitude among ppl involved in this field. I gotta say I had some disappointing experiences with SPPD but I met a lot of great men at the sherrifs office. Including one that quit it, which is ironic.

10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
If you think SPPD is the only agency with problems good luck. Its what you make it, if people hate it so much why arent they leaving instead of coming on sites like this to complain. If you think SPPD not for you, I wouldnt want your negative around anyway. There are some who actually love the department and those who dont, can apply elsewhere at anytime