PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Arrest of DUI Instructor

08-01-2006, 07:07 PM
DUI Police Academy instructor charged with DUI, caught driving without pants

PLANTATION, Florida - A Plantation, Florida Police Academy DUI instructor was charged with drunken driving after she was clocked doing 90 mph and found to be lacking any pants.

The Plantation Police Internal Affairs report released this week says Officer Laurie Primeau had an open bottle of Southern Comfort in her car when she was arrested on Dec. 9. But her lawyer said the booze was merely a training device for cadets, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

The Orange County Sheriff's deputy who pulled Primeau over for speeding after she nearly collided with his cruiser said he was “kinda shocked” to realize the woman flying down the highway with two dogs in her car was naked from the waist down, the report said.

He said he immediately requested backup because “I didn't want to be alone too long with a naked female on the side of the road.” Primeau, 47, spent five days in jail after her arrest and was convicted of drunken driving at a jury trial in January.

The 27-year veteran of the force and 1994 Plantation Officer of the Year was suspended without pay on June 27. She will work road patrol when her suspension ends in early August, the report said.

09-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Nice job. Did you enjoy besmirching a fellow officer's reputation and causing unnecessary distress to her? This could have and SHOULD HAVE been squashed. We are suppose to take care of one another for reasons I need not delineate here. If you don't know the answer by now then you'll never know. Jesus, you might as well be FHP.

10-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Plantation officer quits after incident with prostitute in Orlando

By Lisa J. Huriash
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted September 29 2006

PLANTATION · A city police officer has resigned after internal affairs investigators questioned him about allegations he picked up a prostitute in Orlando.

Officer Ernesto Williams was on a leave of absence from the department May 3 when an Orange County Sheriff's deputy saw him pulling off to the side of the highway and stopping traffic "so that you could readily allow a known prostitute entry into your personal vehicle," Police Chief Larry Massey wrote in a Sept. 5 memo to Williams.

"Engaging in this type of conduct tarnishes the law enforcement profession, erodes the public trust and serves to invite the contempt of the community," Massey wrote.

Williams quit Aug. 18, the same day he was brought into the Plantation Police Department for questioning, according to records released this week. Williams, a six-year veteran who earned $47,262, could not be reached for comment.

At the time of the incident, Williams, 41, was on a leave of absence to look for work in Georgia. He was driving on Orlando's Orange Blossom Trail, in an area police there call "Prostitution Heaven", when he saw a woman wearing a blue mini-skirt and a black and silver top, according to police documents.

The woman later told Plantation Internal Affairs Sgt. Darren Brodsky that she thought Williams was soliciting sex.

Williams told Plantation investigators the woman leaned in his window and asked for a ride. He said she was wearing a knee-length skirt and didn't look like a prostitute.

Deputy Andre Riley, who pulled Williams and the woman over, told Plantation investigators Williams appeared to be soliciting the woman.

Riley said Williams told him at the scene, "Before you get your hopes up high, I'm a Plantation police officer," but he didn't have his police credentials. Deputies issued him a citation for impeding the flow of traffic.

Plantation police investigators concluded Williams violated policies of "conduct unbecoming" an officer and lack of truthfulness. "When he worked here he was conscientious and a well-thought-of officer," said Michael Hanlon, president of the police union. "When I heard about it I said, `Are you kidding me?'"

Massey said he will refer the case to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate. The agency oversees officer certification and allegations of misconduct.

Lisa J. Huriash can be reached at lhuriash@sun-sentinel.com or 954-572-2008.

10-23-2006, 07:03 AM
I know its a little late, but GREAT JOB! She is not as respected as you think, and she is about as bright as a broken light bulb. When she speaks to Academy Cadets, they become dumber by the minute. PLEASE keep in mind, the majority of PPD officers are 10-8 and deserve respect.

10-25-2006, 04:07 AM
I know its a little late, but GREAT JOB! She is not as respected as you think, and she is about as bright as a broken light bulb. When she speaks to Academy Cadets, they become dumber by the minute. PLEASE keep in mind, the majority of PPD officers are 10-8 and deserve respect.

She sounds like your typical female cop.

01-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice job. Did you enjoy besmirching a fellow officer's reputation and causing unnecessary distress to her? This could have and SHOULD HAVE been squashed. We are suppose to take care of one another for reasons I need not delineate here. If you don't know the answer by now then you'll never know. Jesus, you might as well be FHP. Cops are not exempt from the law. We forget that we are targets of an all time high. Think before you do something stupid.
Rememeber the oath we took before being sworn. And the worst thing you could do is tell them that you are a cop especially if you are stopped in another county. Flashing the bag when you are caught with your pants down is not wise all the time.

04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
What's up with Plantation P.D.? They always get in trouble in Orlando or what?

05-30-2007, 08:34 PM
YEAH BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ,,,,,,,,, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU STOPPED SOMEONE (CIVILAN) AND THEY WERE DRUCNK AND YOUU PUT THEM IN TAXI ???? THAT IS STRAIGHT BULLSH&*^