PDA

View Full Version : New TPD patrol car graphics?

Deputydog2003
08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I heard that TPD may have a new look to their patrol cars?

If this is true, does anyone have a picture that they can post?

Thanks

08-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Yep we have a new design and all the 2006 have it. The sides are nice, but the back is hideous...Tampa Police is oversized for the amount of space on the trunk. And do we really need the website all the way across the back bumper. In my opinion it needs tweaking. They just striped them all, so they should be on the street in about another month after they get radios, lights and a push bumper. I also “heard” unofficially that the city may be going to a dispatch GPS system in the next few months and all the 2006 cars will be the 1st to get it.

08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Thats awesome, supervisors finally have a tool to keep track of all the lazy people, the ones that work in one district but drive over to another without authorization, the ones that are still out on a call but left the scene 30 minutes ago, etc, etc.

Of course not to worry, all of those that come to work and do what they are required to do, have nothing to worry about.

Let the hunt begin!

08-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Thats awesome, supervisors finally have a tool to keep track of all the lazy people, the ones that work in one district but drive over to another without authorization, the ones that are still out on a call but left the scene 30 minutes ago, etc, etc.

Of course not to worry, all of those that come to work and do what they are required to do, have nothing to worry about.

Let the hunt begin!

Jesus Christ in all his glory, you must be a rookie.

08-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Naw, probably a rookie sgt....the kind that makes his guys meet him in a parking lot at check on time on days when there's no roll call and makes them all meet up five minutes before t7 everyday. The kind of sgt that makes brass want a 2 year shift bid because they can't find anybody to fill his squad except those that can't bid yet.
SAD.

08-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey,
Whats wrong with that. I like to micro manage and keep absolute crontrol. I want to know where you are at all times and following you all around is way too difficult especially when you young officers black out and flee from me. Gps means that I can just sit back and track everyone at one time. That way when your avoiding our sqd t56 at t7 time I will know if your really on that call or if you just dont like me! WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME?? LETS T56 AND TALK IT OVER!!!!

08-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Micro-management sucks...just brings down morale. But being able to track the car if someone is in trouble and can't get their location out over the radio is a good thing. A supervisor shouldn't have to "track" their people, they should trust their troops until the troops give the supervisor a reason that they can't be trusted. A good supervisor knows who they need to watch close and who they can trust to do the job well.

08-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah right. And when a Sgt or higher has a hair up their ass for someone, they'll be riding them all the time and checking where they are. Then they'll hang paper because that's what supervisors do when they have someone on their squad they don't like. That's just the way it is. So now the supervisors have one more way of ballbusting someone. Good luck to you all.

08-06-2006, 05:22 AM
you will have nothing to worry about!

09-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Who gives a rats a-- about GPS or the STAT game ?? It's great to have over 20+ yrs on, on a day shift and be in the DROP !! Just stay on cruise control and get to the 25th yr. AKUNA MATADA !!! ( NO WORRIES )

10-02-2006, 12:40 AM
I love hearing whiners....I just wish I knew who they were so I could tell them what puss&# they are to their face. Just do your job.

12-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Amen ! Just do your job. All the complainers about the GPS are the ones who try to hide, and make the rest of us do their work. They may not give their name here when complaining, but we all know them anyway. They are the ones talking crap about their supervisors in an effort to shift attention from their laziness. The best part is, they try to believe that actually works. We don't need GPS to know they are hiding while we do their work. But it will be fun to watch them squirm. Maybe then I can stay in my own zone. I can't wait to see the reply to this by all the lazy #$%&@, who have to try to shift the subject back on their supervisor, in an effort to hide some more. I look forward to GPS, knowing It doesn't affect me one way or the other.