so far i took

PAT TEST;
CJBAT TEST;
POLYGRAPH PENDING

HOW FAST THOSE FHP MOVE ON THE PROCESS

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT THE ACADEMY

lifesabeach
07-30-2006, 07:46 PM
I am going through the process as well, so maybe I can be of some help. If you haven't taken the polygraph or the pshyc yet I hate to say it but you probably won't make the Sept. class. I assume you are from out of state and former NYPD. I was from up north and moved here about 7 months ago. I applied and took the test in June of 05'. My poly was in Nov 05', my psych was in Jan of 06'. It seems to take longer for out of state apps. I even had to retake the PAT in May because it is only good for a year and my year was up in June. Along the way you will get telephone book size supplemental apps to fill out. Once you go for your poly, ask them if you are going to make the deadline for Sept. I can't see that happening with less than two months to go. But you never know. An other route to take is if you are former out of state LEO, you can attend a equivilency academy (about 2 weeks) and gain your LEO certification. Then I believe the FHP is having a transion academy in March of 07' that you could attend for only 9 weeks. I hope this has helped. Best of Luck.

nypd1976
07-31-2006, 04:54 AM
:shoCk: IF THESE IS THE CASE I WOULD STAY UP HERE
BUT ILL KEEP MY OPTIONS OPEN FOR SOME OTHERS DEPT
I KNOW LIFESISABEACH BUT GUESS WHAT I TO LOVE GO ON THSE CLASS IM TIRE OF THESE BUULL UP HERE........
BUT HEY THANKS FOR THE INFO HOPE YOU MAKE THAT CLASS FOR THE SEPT29TH LOOKS LIKE IM NOT IN AGOOD POSITION
TO SAID ILL SEE YOU IN THE ACADEMY.BY THE WAY I DID TOOK MY POLYGRAPH IM JUST WAITING FOR THEM TO RESPOND TO ME. THESE IS THE FIRST TIME I GO THROUGH THESE PROCESS I FELT LIKE I WAS GETTING FRIED LIKE CHICKEN WITH ALL THOSE WIRES.ANYWAY THANKS AGAING FOR THE INFO. BY THE WAY COLORADO STATE POLICE IS TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEXT CLASS?????? I ALL READY
SEND IN ALL WAYS HAVE A PLAN B OR C

07-31-2006, 04:58 PM
I KNOW LIFESISABEACH BUT GUESS WHAT I TO LOVE GO ON THSE CLASS IM TIRE OF THESE BUULL UP HERE........
BUT HEY THANKS FOR THE INFO HOPE YOU MAKE THAT CLASS FOR THE SEPT29TH LOOKS LIKE IM NOT IN AGOOD POSITION
TO SAID ILL SEE YOU IN THE ACADEMY.BY THE WAY I DID TOOK MY POLYGRAPH IM JUST WAITING FOR THEM TO RESPOND TO ME. THESE IS THE FIRST TIME I GO THROUGH THESE PROCESS I FELT LIKE I WAS GETTING FRIED LIKE CHICKEN WITH ALL THOSE WIRES.ANYWAY THANKS AGAING FOR THE INFO. BY THE WAY COLORADO STATE POLICE IS TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEXT CLASS?????? I ALL READY

Please go to Colorado. We have an oversupply of illiterate yankees down here already.

Thanks. :D

07-31-2006, 07:58 PM

Please go to Colorado. We have an oversupply of illiterate yankees down here already.

Thanks. :D

Cut him some slack. He may not be illiterate. Let's wait and let him re-post the message when his blood alcohol drops below 0.08. :twisted:

08-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Somebody help this guy !!!! Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!

08-01-2006, 01:21 AM
Look this guy could be a Lt with the FHP. He writes better than the troopers around my area.

nypd1976
08-01-2006, 03:05 AM
HEY CUT ME A BREAK IM NEW TO THIS FORUM I THOUHT

I WAS GOING TO FING SOME GOOD INFORMATION

BUT I WAS WRONG ALL I COULD FIND WAS A BUNCH OF LITTLE BOYS TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF SOME OUT OF STATE YANKEE WHOS TRYING TO MOVE ON WITH HIS FAMILY AND HIS CAREER.. HEY AND FOR THOSE THAT POST AS GUEST WHY DONT YOU BE A MEN AND PUT YOUR REAL NAME. THATS RIGHT BODY I WISH YOU COULD COME UP HERE AND I PERSONALLY WOULD GIVE YOU A NICE TOUR ON THE WILD SIDE.
BE A MAN AND STOP POSTING AS A GUESTS ????????
NOWONDER NEW TROOPERS OR SOME OLDER ONES DO GIVE OTHERS COUNTY A NICE TICKET BECAUSE OF GUYS LIKE THESE.
I M NOT IN THE ACADEMY YET AND YOU GUYS ARE SENDING FIRE FIRE FIRE UP THESE WAY COME ON BE A MAN AND STOP STOP SENDING OR POSTING AS A GUEST. YOUR SUCH A CH......I LIKE THIS FORUM SPECIALLY THOSE THAT ARE POSTING AS GUESS??? :shock: :D :)

08-01-2006, 03:26 AM
GUEST GUEST GUEST :evil:

08-02-2006, 01:21 AM
Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean really!!!!!!!!!!!!1

08-02-2006, 02:34 AM
You want to help your family...??? Get back in to school and take an English literature class better yet maybe two. I hate to call you out on this Mr. New york but my three year old child speaks in more complete sentences than you. Do you have a spell check..?? Atleast proof read what you are sending out before you make yourself look like a moron!!

08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
You want to help your family...??? Get back in to school and take an English literature class better yet maybe two. I hate to call you out on this Mr. New york but my three year old child speaks in more complete sentences than you. Do you have a spell check..?? Atleast proof read what you are sending out before you make yourself look like a moron!!

My momma always said "Stupid is as Stupid does."

Forrest Gump

08-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Wow. That guy can't spell and his grammar is atrocious.

But let's delve just a bit deeper....

Here we have a guy with police experience who WANTS TO JOIN THE FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL. And, instead of offering brotherly advice, all you guys can do is insult his intelligence and current place of residence.

Yup, it certainly is a mystery to me why the FHP is disliked by other officers and pretty much anyone who is not currently a Florida State Trooper....

08-02-2006, 11:32 PM
I know right.... pretty sad that any dork and go to a community college and pass the academy then get hired on w/ any suck ass pd or so in this world. When many other highway patrols and state police agency around the US have a long acadmey/ military type with rules and bed times and actual physical work at 4 am in the morning, academy that many are not willing to do, to bare the name "Trooper" or "State Police"...makes me wonder.......................................

08-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Wow. That guy can't spell and his grammar is atrocious.

But let's delve just a bit deeper....

Here we have a guy with police experience who WANTS TO JOIN THE FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL. And, instead of offering brotherly advice, all you guys can do is insult his intelligence and current place of residence.

Yup, it certainly is a mystery to me why the FHP is disliked by other officers and pretty much anyone who is not currently a Florida State Trooper....

Having "delved deeper" I think that his spelling and grammer indicate that he will fit right in with the FHP!

:twisted:

-----------------------

Now, having made my cute, smart alec remark, let me say that you have a very good point.

In addition to my "local" LEO time I was a "fed" for many years and worked closely with other feds who were former NYPD officers. I also worked some major events in NYC where I interacted with NYPD Officers. They were excellent!

They also knew what the brotherhood was all about. NYPD1976 might be a very valuable addition to the FHP if he can bring some of that spirit to them.

So, come on down NYPD1976 - you will be welcome!

:D :D :D

08-03-2006, 12:08 AM
I hope FHP has a spell check program in there cars, that ganna be one busy Sgt reviewing his reports. That's right FHP doesn't investigate crimes. A laptop to a Trooper means printing a ticket on the computer. Lol Love ya yall. HECK NYPD guy we can send you to night school, we need troopers down here who believe in Brotherhood.

nypd1976
08-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks for puting those words,Brotherhood???

Im pretty sure most of leo down in FL they dont know what is the meaning of it.But hey IM JUST WONDERING WHO IS GOING TO BE THE LAST ONE STANDING AT THE END OF THE ROAD????????????

:P IM JUST GOING TO EVADE ALL THE COMMENTS THAT WERE POSTED IN THESE FORUM, AND KEEP ON WITH MY LIFE, THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO AND THE BULL......S...... THAT THE REST OF THE FELLOW LEO PUT ON THIS NICE INFORMATIVE LEO FORUM HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU SOON. :lol:

08-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Thanks for puting those words,Brotherhood???

Im pretty sure most of leo down in FL they dont know what is the meaning of it.But hey IM JUST WONDERING WHO IS GOING TO BE THE LAST ONE STANDING AT THE END OF THE ROAD????????????

:P IM JUST GOING TO EVADE ALL THE COMMENTS THAT WERE POSTED IN THESE FORUM, AND KEEP ON WITH MY LIFE, THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO AND THE BULL......S...... THAT THE REST OF THE FELLOW LEO PUT ON THIS NICE INFORMATIVE LEO FORUM HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU SOON. :lol:

I hope you didn't miss the point that the last couple of posts were saying that YOU WOULD BE AN ASSET TO FHP simply because you come from a culture of BROTHERHOOD. Like one poster said, we can improve your grammar. We need you to improve the ATTITUDE of some of these troopers.

Again - WELCOME!

:!:

08-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I know right.... pretty sad that any dork and go to a community college and pass the academy then get hired on w/ any suck ass pd or so in this world. When many other highway patrols and state police agency around the US have a long acadmey/ military type with rules and bed times and actual physical work at 4 am in the morning, academy that many are not willing to do, to bare the name "Trooper" or "State Police"...makes me wonder.......................................

So, all other cops except troopers are "dorks" and work at "suck ass PD's" ?

BLOW ME YOU ILLITERATE TROLL.

08-03-2006, 10:15 PM

Ah, yes.

Intellectual discourse reaches a new high..........

NOT!

:roll:

08-04-2006, 12:04 AM
[quote="A/ Trooper":2tdlscg1]I know right.... pretty sad that any dork and go to a community college and pass the academy then get hired on w/ any suck ass pd or so in this world. When many other highway patrols and state police agency around the US have a long acadmey/ military type with rules and bed times and actual physical work at 4 am in the morning, academy that many are not willing to do, to bare the name "Trooper" or "State Police"...makes me wonder.......................................

Ah, yes.

Intellectual discourse reaches a new high..........

NOT!

:roll:[/quote:2tdlscg1]

You understood. Mission accomplished.

08-06-2006, 07:11 AM
STATISTICALLY FHP IS THE HARDEST ACADEMY TO GET INTO IN FLORIDA, THATS WHY MOST OF YOU ARE JUST DEPUTIES AND OFFICERS!!!!! BECAUSE YOU TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT.

08-06-2006, 03:04 PM
STATISTICALLY FHP IS THE HARDEST ACADEMY TO GET INTO IN FLORIDA, THATS WHY MOST OF YOU ARE JUST DEPUTIES AND OFFICERS!!!!! BECAUSE YOU TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT.

"Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Autobiography of Mark Twain

STATISTICALLY, FHP is the hardest academy in Florida to get into?

Perhaps because it is the smallest and processes the fewest people!

Twain would love you!

:P :twisted:

08-06-2006, 08:54 PM

I recall that in college the hardest classes to get into were the easiest subjects because the dumbest slugs rushed to fill them up first!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

08-07-2006, 03:49 AM
Knock off the insults, This is just plain stupid fellas.

08-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Knock off the insults, This is just plain stupid fellas.

When someone sets himself up with a really stupid remark, like AnotherTrooper did, it just begs for a sharp reply.

I agree that the trooper bashing should stop. I also agree that the lack of professional courtesy in a couple of high profile situations is what started it.

One other thing is worth mentioning. On the Copswritingcops board you will find that LEOs in other parts of the country hold three agencies in low regard: the Wisconsin State Police, the Virginia State Police and the Florida Highway Patrol.

Clearly the Florida Highway Patrol did something to deserve this distinction. That's food for thought........

:(

08-07-2006, 08:39 PM
He is right, putting the poor guy down just shows as to why no other LEO in the state of Florida likes the FHP, asides that they write tickets to their own mothers!! Including a MPD lt. on the way to his dying sons hospital bed!!

01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
WHEN IS THE NEXT RECRUIT CLASS? :shock:

01-04-2008, 03:06 PM
NYPD if you want a job with very low pay, and no pay raises. join FHP. If you want a job with some money go elsewhere. And if FHP if is SOOOOO great, why are troopers leaving faster than they can be replaced. Also if you want to do real police work, AVOID FHP ALL COST. If you like breathing car exhaust fumes enforcing traffic, you heading in the right direct.

01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
NYPD if you want a job with very low pay, and no pay raises. join FHP. If you want a job with some money go elsewhere. And if FHP if is SOOOOO great, why are troopers leaving faster than they can be replaced. Also if you want to do real police work, AVOID FHP ALL COST. If you like breathing car exhaust fumes enforcing traffic, you heading in the right direct.

Actually FHP would be a great place to work if we could actually enforce traffic the way it should be enforced. Instead we run to calls all day and write some lame tickets from our slow, fully marked cars.

01-05-2008, 10:48 AM
The FHP from Orlando south sucks. Stay north, life is better there.

01-05-2008, 02:13 PM
We were told FHP academy it going by by for funding and you wll just go up there for specialty training ie... inservice etc.

01-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I hope you didn't miss the point that the last couple of posts were saying that YOU WOULD BE AN ASSET TO FHP simply because you come from a culture of BROTHERHOOD. Like one poster said, we can improve your grammar. We need you to improve the ATTITUDE of some of these troopers.

You guys don't get it. We are a brotherhood. A brotherhood of Troopers. We learned we couldn't count on you other PO's, so we take care of ourselves. If three troopers who hate each other were standing on the road, and one of you came up and talked crap about us, we would come together and give you a good ol Florida State Trooper beat down. Then we would go back to hating each other. LOL Its all about the Orange, you wouldn't understand. We are the Shitazt and that is it "final". Do you know the difference between a P.O. and a bucket of Shitazt? It the bucket. Have a blistery day, NYPD.

01-05-2008, 02:58 PM
We PO's and Deputies may be "dumber" than the average trooper or don't have "what it takes" to make it through the trooper academy but one thing is for sure, we were smart enough to get jobs with agencies that pay far more and have better benefits and retirements than the FHP!

01-05-2008, 04:37 PM

You guys don't get it. We are a brotherhood. A brotherhood of Troopers. We learned we couldn't count on you other PO's, so we take care of ourselves. If three troopers who hate each other were standing on the road, and one of you came up and talked crap about us, we would come together and give you a good ol Florida State Trooper beat down. Then we would go back to hating each other. LOL Its all about the Orange, you wouldn't understand. We are the Shitazt and that is it "final". Do you know the difference between a P.O. and a bucket of Shitazt? It the bucket. Have a blistery day, NYPD.

Do you even understand you are div of Highway Patrol employed by DHSMV. Hell you dont even take in progress calls. Where do you see 911 on your car anywhere. Exactly......Hey glory hound if you wanna be a REAL state cop go up north where the car says STATE POLICE. Trust me thats not here....

In Florida the Sheriffs have always been that way and it will always be the Shizzzatttt so go take your next crash