PDA

View Full Version : IP Address

07-29-2006, 12:48 AM
Does LEO Affairs sell our IP addresses to 3rd parties ? :?: I heard a rumer that they did.

MOD 1
07-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Does LEO Affairs sell our IP addresses to 3rd parties ? :?: I heard a rumer that they did.

LEO Affairs, does not sell anyone's IP address.

There are only 4 people who can view IP addresses, they are Chip and Jim who are the co-founders of the site, Mod 2 and myself.

The only time we ever look at an IP address, is if the a mod or other user notifies us that a post violates the terms of use. If we notice a trend of violations on the same board, or by the same user, or a really serious violation, then we will check the IP address to either ban the IP address, or keep track of how many violations a specific IP is committing. If it continues, then we will ban the IP.

The only other situation where we look at an IP address is when we remove spam. We block the IP address that any Spam posts come fron.

To sum it up, only 4 Admin personnel even have access to any IPs. We rarely look at them. THEY ARE NEVER SOLD OR DISCLOSED TO ANY OUTSIDE PARTIES, unelss we file a complaint with the ISP who actually owns the IP address.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask them here, or email me.

Thank you for taking the time to ask.

08-01-2006, 05:14 AM
As a web developer in the business for years let me explain how stupid that is. Most individuals have dynamic internet services. Dynamic internet services change ip address every 8 to 72 hours anyway. The only way it would make a difference would be if you had a static and then maybe it would be worth it. The fact is what is someone going to do with it anyway. The ability to hack a computer is a skill very few people have. I know people brag about it but it's normally just crap. If you can hack you don't normally brag anyway. So don't be concerned about that, I don't think leoaffairs would have a reason or the ability to do anything with them anyway.