PDA

View Full Version : Yet another homicide????

07-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Oh great. Another homicide. What a surprise. I really feel sorry for the Major Crimes detectives who have been swamped with all of these cases. They just about finish one up, and they get hit again.

Could this in any way be realted to the (lack of) drug enforcement? Search warrants? Overall lack of aggressive policing?

Hey guys and gals, please wear your vests and use extra caution, especially those of you in D-II. Seems like they are dumping bodies everywhere, and we don't need any of you getting hurt out there.

07-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Could this in any way be realted to the (lack of) drug enforcement? Search warrants? Overall lack of aggressive policing?

Anyone who knows my identity knows I don't carry ANYONE'S torch but my own squad's, but I don't think you can blame that on policy. I believe violent crimes are up in nearly every part of the country this year. However, Not very many agencies throughout the nation are really aggressively policing as much as years past.

07-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Direct Result of lack of aggresive enforcement, especially drug enforcement. Sheriff untie their hands before the press starts inquiring

07-30-2006, 12:23 AM
I believe violent crimes are up in nearly every part of the country this year. However, Not very many agencies throughout the nation are really aggressively policing as much as years past.

Gee......does "A" have anything to do with "B?"

Come on Sheriff! Let those who are trained and willing to enforce the laws do it. We have tried the "kinder and gentler" approach, and by the looks of the number of victims.......it ain't working too good!!!

07-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Sounds like we need a new Sheriff that is willing to catch and bag the bad guys, this crime spree makes me fear for the safety of my family, sounds like a great news story, where is the times or tribune when we need them.

07-30-2006, 05:33 AM
Sheriff, let your Deputies do their job quit playing it safe do to your own desire for personel gain, what happened to you, have you forgotten about us voters that put you in office in the first place. Step up be a leader, forget about chasing your personel desires.

07-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Artical about Pasco violence (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/7/29/171284.html)

In the above artical, the report claims the following.
"The sheriff's office also said late Friday night the sheriff had a talk with many of his deputies reminding them their job is to catch the lawbreakers, prevent crime and also do their best to prevent the fear of crime."

I am pretty sure I am aware of this and do not need a reminder. But, between the sex offender contacts, follow up on unidetintifiable suspects in theft cases and other part one cases without a suspect, handling better than 50% of total time spent responding to delayed crimes, 15 minutes per hour with the car parked and the engine off, 12 directed patrols a shift, a citation a day. tell me how to "prevent" crime. Stop raiding the stash seized by the narcs. We have shifted to coddling the kids out committing burglaries under 12 which by statistics are our future worst of the worst. Whoever sets these unwritten rules can not be a cop. Why would they not want these in writing? Then when you are working hard and conducting an investigation that is involved, the sergeants get on the radio freaking out and pull you off to go handly the illegal parking, or barking dog call while your suspect thumbs his nose up to you and goes to another location to commit yet another crime. This aint law enforcement, it is insurance adjusting and catered vote getting.

07-31-2006, 02:14 AM
It may just be an exaggeration Im sure- but do you really have 12 or so Direct Patrol Activities per day ? Wow....

04-14-2008, 12:36 AM
RETRO funny we still have such violence

04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Cant be pro active and try to stop any crime when my shift is mostly running from non crime call to non crime call such as noise complaints and neighbor disputes. Dont forget to do your info, suspicious incident and every other non crime report that your nutless supervisor makes you type.

This is the real reason deputies are leaving this agencey. We want to be cops but we are forced to be clerical reporters of useless crap.

04-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Cant be pro active and try to stop any crime when my shift is mostly running from non crime call to non crime call such as noise complaints and neighbor disputes. Dont forget to do your info, suspicious incident and every other non crime report that your nutless supervisor makes you type.

This is the real reason deputies are leaving this agencey. We want to be cops but we are forced to be clerical reporters of useless crap.

Running at minimum shift staffing is a real morale crusher. We all write information reports just to cover ourselves, but supervision dictates some unnecessary paperwork that bogs down patrol time. It gets real old hopping from one call to the next and missing lunch, or gulping it down while 10-51 to the next barking chicken call.

Here's a novel idea: A new specialty unit: Patrol....... :)

04-14-2008, 03:35 AM
Direct Result of lack of aggresive enforcement, especially drug enforcement. Sheriff untie their hands before the press starts inquiring

Concerned Citizen, no, don't think so. Try Union idiot.

04-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Sounds like we need a new Sheriff that is willing to catch and bag the bad guys, this crime spree makes me fear for the safety of my family, sounds like a great news story, where is the times or tribune when we need them.

They are reading between the lines, union boys, they know that your reasoning is flawed. Crime is up everywhere, but I guess that is the sheriff's fault too. If only he were better at his job, that little girl in Arkansas would not have been raped. Please!!!

Powertripping
04-14-2008, 04:39 AM
You know what they say, When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Cops cant be everywhere all the time. ultimately people are responsible for thier own safety.

04-14-2008, 10:41 AM
The "victim" was Joshua Coggins... Trust me when I say him getting killed will save Major Crimes many future hours of work.... Coggins was REALLY a piece of crap!!!

04-14-2008, 11:30 AM
10-4 if someone has to take a bullet we dont want it to be one of us.

04-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Is it true the Sheriff disbanded the senior volunteer patrols, that handled the illegal parking tickets? Maybe thats the problem, we ned more volunteers that can look into the non violent "nuisance" calls.