PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Carolyn Price!!

07-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I have a lot of respect for what Carolyn Price did. :evil:

Sheriff Balkwill walked into the downstairs D1 security check and Price just ignored him and she just kept talking to the Wackenhut security guard. :lol:

Some things only Carolyn can do -- and boy can she do it so perfectly. She just stood there talking to the Wackenhut guard -- as only Carolyn can do -- you could tell she was just seething with hatred for you-know-who, but she never made eye contact with him -- she just pretended like he wasn't there!!! :lol:

Boyyyyyyyy was Balkwill pissed that she didn't lavish any attention all over him. :lol: So he complained to Stinger and then Price was banned from working at D1!!! :lol: But she had teen court there, so she HAD to go back into D1!!! :lol: So then they said that she can only go upstairs in D1, but nowhere else. :roll: Now I think she's allowed back in D1.

Way to go Carolyn!!!! You've got guts and we RESPECT what you did!!! PLEASE stay for the drop program!!!! We need your kind here!!!!

:devil:

07-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Nice post Carolyn. I am glad to see you can still pat yourself on the back with your bad arm. :devil:

07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
That post was so uncalled for. What makes peole feel the need to be cruel? If you think it is her fine, say so, the other comments are just wrong.

07-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Nice post Carolyn. I am glad to see you can still pat yourself on the back with your bad arm. :devil:Geeze, do you have anger management issues??? :roll:

I agree that that was cruel and uncalled for. If you want to discuss departmental "issues," then fine, but when you start attacking handicaps, then it shows that you have no values -- and you definately don't have any class. :roll:

Does your insult represent Sheriff Bill Balkwill??? Please don't tell me that you're a campaign supporter for Bill Balkwill because if you are, then I need to distance myself from your tactics.

07-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Actually, if it is true (which is questionable on this board) that a SSO employee completely disrespected the Sheriff, then I would not congratulate her like the first poster did... Regardless of how you feel about this individual, I think it shows more class to act professional and polite... he does still sign her and everyone elses check, right?

Treating people with respect whether you like or dislike the person is a sign of character... For many on this board, character has been substited by cruelty and greed (hoping they themselves get promoted if their guy wins)!

Now, I am looking forward to whom I believe to be mostly one candidate's supporters to turn this into a bashing session for another hopeful!

Thank god most people reading this treat it like a soap opera... enjoy reading/watching the absolutely crazy posts--- but know it is not reality!

07-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Now, I am looking forward to whom I believe to be mostly one candidate's supporters to turn this into a bashing session for another hopeful! Which group? Al Hogle? Or did you mean Stan Duncan??? :snicker:

07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Nice post Carolyn. I am glad to see you can still pat yourself on the back with your bad arm. :devil:An insult like that proves that politics makes people hate eachother!!! :evil:

It's one thing to ignore somebody, but to start attacking people like that is pretty desperate!!!! :roll:

My mother always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Okay, so maybe Carolyn didn't have anything nice to say, so she kept her mouth shut and she kept to herself, so you are going to insult her just because she "kept to herself"?

Okay, now that I've mentioned all that...

I laughed my damn ass off for 2 hours when I read the above insult!!!! :lol:

(sorry - I know it's wrong, but I couldn't help it) :?

07-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Why is this childish stuff even on here. You might not like the man but he is your boss and youre in public office. Grow up people, if you dont like him save it for the ballot box but you are wearing a uniform for crine out loud. Your demeanor makes us all look bad..

07-31-2006, 07:25 AM
You people are unbelievable,,,,,
How the hell do you know she was "seething with hatred" stop stirring the pot,,,,,,maybe she was just doing her job and paying attention to her job. As for the Sheriff, he needs to get a thicker hide,,,what the hell does he care if she talks to him or not,,,,,as I hear it he never acknowledged her either,,,so maybe she should ban him from 2071,,,,by the way how do you ban an employee from where they work???
It is all pretty ridiculous and petty,,,,and blow out of proportion again by gossip mongers.

Jack Mehoff
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Nice post Carolyn. I am glad to see you can still pat yourself on the back with your bad arm. :devil:

That's just wrong!!! I don't care how ya feel....I can't beleive somebody would stoop so low!

07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Nice post Carolyn. I am glad to see you can still pat yourself on the back with your bad arm. :devil:Eeeeeeeeeeeeegad!!!!! :shock:

I was told to come here to see this. Unbelievable!!!! Whoever insulted her like that is a classless pig!!! You'd better not EVER fess up to posting that one!!!! Ever!!!! :shock:

07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
You know Im not sure about about the comments and etc but she defintely has no tact to disrespect a Sheriff in Uniform with her also being a Deputy Sheriff and in a public building ie...The Sheriff's Office. She deserves what she gets. You might not like the guy but you also have a public demeanor that has to be presented. Just like in the Military. You might not agree with it but you damn well will respect the authority and uniform that goes with it.

08-01-2006, 12:00 PM
As you all know, your sheriff has a very fragile ego. Could it be that Carolyn saw him approaching the checkpoint, recoginized him as sheriff of the county, and determined that he didn't present a threat to the building (he was not a security threat), so she decided to let him pass through? But instead, since she didn't bow down to him and recoginize his authority, he took it as a sign of disrespect. Monge would have overlooked this and would have hardly even noticed it. But not Balkwill. As is typical of his vindictive nature, he has no problem using the weight of his power to bully the crippled female who works the checkpoint. In years past, a man of this position would be ashmed to publically display such poor character traits as this. But to do all of this to a woman? Who is crippled? You bring shame to the elected position that you hold.

08-01-2006, 02:05 PM
"To do this to a crippled woman"??? PLEASE, what planet did you just arrive from? CP has NO love for the sheriff and that has been well known for a great many years. She disrespects his position verbally almost daily, and what she did here should not go unpunished. I could care less if she likes him or not off duty, but on-duty, he's the boss and should be respected. She pulled a stunt and is getting her just reward.

As for "crippled", that too is a JOKE!

08-01-2006, 02:15 PM
"To do this to a crippled woman"??? PLEASE, what planet did you just arrive from? CP has NO love for the sheriff and that has been well known for a great many years. She disrespects his position verbally almost daily, and what she did here should not go unpunished. I could care less if she likes him or not off duty, but on-duty, he's the boss and should be respected. She pulled a stunt and is getting her just reward.

As for "crippled", that too is a JOKE!What is her punishment going to be??? What exactly did she do??? Or didn't do??? Did she "smart off" to Balkwill??? Did she back-talk him??? Or did she simply stand there at the checkpoint like all the other bailiffs??? Again, exactly what did she do that she is going to be punished for????

08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
I was not there, as I do not work court services, however the guys there seemed to suggest that as the sheriff approached her has said "Hello Carolyn", she saw the sheriff and turned without ever acknowledging the sheriff and never said hello back, "Hello Sheriff" just NOTHING.... Sorry, but that is wrong! She could have looked at him and said "Sheriff" and nodded, but to disrespect and do nothing? Sorry, she has earned whatever may be coming her way...

08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
The Sheriff has ZERO grounds to punish her. PROVE that she heard and/or saw him then you have a case. The Sheriff needs to worry about more pressing issues and leave this one alone. I see a rather large lawsuit in this if the egomaniac decides to pursue it. Sheriff follow my advice...LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

08-02-2006, 02:05 AM
my point is that she needs to grow up. i hear nothing but smart a@# comments form her and about the sheriff/dept. i got an idea leave make no excuses just leave. i hate people that complain about the job and remain here go else where loser :x

08-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Get your facts straight,,,No comment was made by the Sheriff to the Bailif,,,so maybe he Disrespected her. Then to punish a Deptuty and refuse to give a reason, boy I bet the Union can't wait to get this one!

08-02-2006, 01:03 PM
my point is that she needs to grow up. i hear nothing but smart a@# comments form her and about the sheriff/dept. i got an idea leave make no excuses just leave. i hate people that complain about the job and remain here go else where loser :xWe all know she’s not a stellar employee and she certainly has her issues, but that’s no cause for the one member of our agency with the most power to bully her. Let’s face it: it’s schoolyard bullying, plain and simple. The core of the issue is that: he has a fragile ego [/*:m:2dolqea5]
and he’s vindictive [/*:m:2dolqea5]
and he’s a bully and he will use his power to push lower level employees around. [/*:m:2dolqea5]That’s the defination of bullying: pushing around the smaller weaker ones on the playground.

08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Get your facts straight,,,No comment was made by the Sheriff to the Bailif,,,so maybe he Disrespected her. Then to punish a Deptuty and refuse to give a reason, boy I bet the Union can't wait to get this one!If what you said is true... and if no words were exchanged between Balkwill & Price... and if Balkwill "ran and told Stinger that Price disrespected him"... then it sounds like a lot of hot air to me. Pfffffffffft :roll:

If Balkwill doesn't have bigger things to worry about then a quiet employee who didn't say a word, then we've got serious issues here at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. :shock:

08-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Get your facts straight,,,No comment was made by the Sheriff to the Bailif,,,so maybe he Disrespected her. Then to punish a Deptuty and refuse to give a reason, boy I bet the Union can't wait to get this one!If what you said is true... and if no words were exchanged between Balkwill & Price... and if Balkwill "ran and told Stinger that Price disrespected him"... then it sounds like a lot of hot air to me. Pfffffffffft :roll:

If Balkwill doesn't have bigger things to worry about then a quiet employee who didn't say a word, then we've got serious issues here at the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. :shock:Stinger did that to KB too... he kept "writing her up" for the littlest of chickenshit things... and pretty soon, KB had a loooooooooong paper trail. ;)

However....

KB used that papertrail as proof that she was harassed by Stinger and the SSO ended up paying her a big fat paycheck in lieu of a lawsuit. :shock:

I don't know Carolyn Price very well, but I do know that if you decide to !@#$%^&* her, then you'd better have all your ducks in a row because she won't take it laying down. She'll fight back. She's done it before. She'll hire an attorney in a New York minute. Some people you can screw with -- and some people you can't. Carolyn is one of those people that you can't !@#$%^&* with -- at least not without a lawsuit on your hands.

Like I said, I don't know Carolyn very well, but thank God that we have people like her on this department -- she is willing to stand up and be counted. Most of our guys run for cover whenever the politics gets a lil hot-n-heavy (like ****roaches), but Carolyn Prices stands up to be counted. She's not shy. If you don't want her opinion, then you'd best not ask her because she'll tell it to you, even if it's not politically correct.

Too many guys are willing to "lay down and take it" in the hopes that things will get better... someday... after things blow over. It's attitudes like that that give certain political appointees the idea that they can just walk all over anybody they damn well please. Think again. If we had more people like Carolyn Price who are willing to stand their ground, then maybe certain majors wouldn't be so damn trigger happy.

Way to go Carolyn!!! :devil:

She ain't gonna take it laying down!!! :evil:

You'd better have your !@#$%^&* ducks all in a row if you decide to pull the trigger. :twisted:

08-02-2006, 04:29 PM
There is NO reson to publicly disrespect your Sheriff. If you have grievances, there are ways to address them. Like him or not, she was WRONG!

08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Boooo Hoooo, CP should be ashamed of herself. She knows darn well she was dissing the sheriff because she dislikes him. Other departments may have fired her for the same, so she's lucky to work as a dep at all.

Hey CP, Northport PD is hiring....

08-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Boooo Hoooo, CP should be ashamed of herself. She knows darn well she was dissing the sheriff because she dislikes him. Other departments may have fired her for the same, so she's lucky to work as a dep at all.

Hey CP, Northport PD is hiring....You say that other departments would have fired her for standing there silently? Gee, let me introduce you go a good civil attorney who specializes in labor law. You've got a lot to learn!!!

The days of having "bully sheriffs" who "bully employees" and who fire them on trumped up charges and ending. As sheriff departments continue to pay out big losses for civil suits (before they go to trial, as well as after), sheriff departments are learning the hard way. How many civil lawsuits have we paid out in the last 10 years??? Yet some du' mass is upset that CP just stood there silently???? :roll:

And the same du' mass offered the old timers a 0% payraise while he gave Larry Dunklee a 55k payraise over the last 6 years??? 0% vs. 55k??? :roll:

Back to the issue: Pffffft

08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Why does someone always have to get on Dunklee, his past or what he makes? Leave the guy alone. He makes that much because he works very hard and for countless hours. He doesn't drink anymore and has cleaned up his act. He will be a great sheriff and has my vote.

08-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Why does someone always have to get on Dunklee, his past or what he makes? Leave the guy alone. He makes that much because he works very hard and for countless hours. He doesn't drink anymore and has cleaned up his act. He will be a great sheriff and has my vote.I guess that he gets lumped in with Balkwill because he's Balkwill's right hand man and because he was his right hand man at every campaign event and... well..... the perception is that they are in bed together. Kudos that Larry quit drinking. I was 100% in favor of Larry until recently, but I've changed my mind. Sorry, but I will no longer support him. Besides, he's got too many skelatons in his closet and with this internet stuff, its just too hard to hide his indescretions. Larry, waaaaaaaaaay deep down in your heart, you know that you will not win the next election. You were a nervous wreck during the last election because you didn't have 25 years in, but now you do. Take your retirement and go and enjoy life, if you can.

My .02

08-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Good Job Bill, boy you really showed her,
Now she doesn't have to work in that "hell hole" of a front lobby.

It is freezing in winter (no thanks to Debbie Burns "get rid of the space heater it is a fire hazard, if you Deputys are cold then dress warmer!")
and full of mosqiutos in the summer,,,a Deputy killed 32 in one day,,,,,West Nile Virus here we come!!!

08-03-2006, 10:31 AM

It is freezing in winter (no thanks to Debbie Burns "get rid of the space heater it is a fire hazard, if you Deputys are cold then dress warmer!")
and full of mosqiutos in the summer,,,a Deputy killed 32 in one day,,,,,West Nile Virus here we come!!!So Stinger & Balkwill actually did Price a favor by banning her from working the D1 security checkpoint????? LOL :lol:

Don't tell them that or else they'll put her back there full-time if they know how miserable it is there!!!! :shock:

08-03-2006, 02:04 PM
You guys who put Carolyn on a pedestal for her lack of respect she showed Balkwill are just as stupid as she is. Remember you show the respect for the position not necessarily the person or have you people forgotten what we as Deputies stand for. We ***** and cry how we are not respected by the public but then we do worse and we don't respect ourselves. Believe me we need to change, it's called being professional which we all seem to forget these days. The problem I see here is you people are part right about knocking the administration because if they knew what they were doing up there they would have charged her with conduct unbecoming for failure to give proper respect to a superior officer ,something that we all seem to do these days. How about we get more professional!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea:

08-03-2006, 04:29 PM

and full of mosqiutos in the summer,,,a Deputy killed 32 in one day,,,,,West Nile Virus here we come!!!

Speaking of Debbie Burns......how many people total now have been railroaded by this monster of a woman?? I recently just got the shaft from her too - but - what they do not know is what the attorneys are going to do to this place in my case as well as several others I have talked to. She is NOT for the people by any means. Enough said.

08-03-2006, 05:19 PM
You guys who put Carolyn on a pedestal for her lack of respect she showed Balkwill are just as stupid as she is. Remember you show the respect for the position not necessarily the person or have you people forgotten what we as Deputies stand for. We ***** and cry how we are not respected by the public but then we do worse and we don't respect ourselves. Chief, if I had an angry citizen remain silent instead of getting all verbal, then I'd be grateful. Just because you believe that Price should have kissed Balkwill's ass doesn't mean that you're right. I wasn't there and I don't know the facts of the case. All I heard was that she remained silent and, if that's true, then it's horseshit to punish her for that. :roll:

Believe me we need to change, it's called being professional which we all seem to forget these days. The problem I see here is you people are part right about knocking the administration because if they knew what they were doing up there they would have charged her with conduct unbecoming for failure to give proper respect to a superior officer ,something that we all seem to do these days. How about we get more professional!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea:You want to charge Price with conduct unbecoming of an officer? Okay, describe exactly what she did that warrants that charge.

The G.O. also says that employees "shall not sit, loaf or be idle," so are you suggesting that Balkwill, FOBs and political apointees should be charged with that???

08-03-2006, 07:01 PM
There is NO reson to publicly disrespect your Sheriff. If you have grievances, there are ways to address them. Like him or not, she was WRONG!

Hey at least someone understands respect. I don't say she should be fired because that is not considered progressive dis. but she should get a rip for what she did if in fact she did do that. you never know with you people you could have blown this all out of facts by now. But if she did she is wrong and deserves a rip. You do not disrespect your Sheriff or any supervisor. People grow up

08-03-2006, 07:25 PM
You do not disrespect your Sheriff. I'm not going to rat anybody out, but if what you say is true, then Balkwill is the laughingstock of the department and, even worse, he is the laughingstock of his friends, and even worse then that, they laugh at him in public, but behind his back. Okay, if FOBs are dissing Sheriff Balkwill behind his back, then what are we supposed to think???

I am sooooooo tempted to name names of those who laugh at Balkwill behind his back, but I don't want to muddy the waters even more, but they are his alledged "friends" who are in high places. They laugh and chuckle and giggle about Balkwill. They say they don't understand the man and they say it like he's crazy or out-of-control or something. One alledged "friend" said "Sometimes I'd like to strangle the man" and this "friend" has received multiple romotions. :roll: I guess they mock and dis Balkwill because they're comfortable that no one will rat them out -- and I guess they're right so far. These same people drink, party and socialize with Balkwill -- and that's not a rumor because I've seen'em:
- drink, party & socialize with Balkwill and
- mock & dis him behind his back.

With "friends" like that, who needs enemies? Okay, so Price didn't say a word. If Price is punished for remaining silent, which is what I understand she did, then maybe those FOBs who have been mocking & dissing Balkwill behind his back should start doing it to his face???? I'm totally STUNNED that they can openly laugh about Balkwill like that to the troops.

As long as the "friends" of Balkwill continue to mock & dis him, then the troops will continue to act like they are out of control and they will never respect the man.

This place is upside down.

08-04-2006, 03:20 AM
CP has a bad attitude...period....and has had it for a long time......she needs to be away from the public eye.....borderline time to show her the door...my .02

08-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Not a model employee,,,,not so,,,she comes in early and volunters to work late all the time,,,if you base this on her disgust for this corrupt admin,,,then we are ALL not model employees!!!!!

08-05-2006, 05:19 PM
"WHOA TO YOU OH EARTH AND SEA, FOR THE DEVIL COME DOWN TO YOU WITH WRATH, FOR SHE KNOWS THE TIME IS RIGHT, LET HIM WHO HATH UNDERSTANDING RECKON THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST, FOR IT IS A HUMAN NUMBER: HER NUMBER IS 666!!!
:evil: :devil:Is it CP, CE or KB? :shock:

08-07-2006, 01:04 AM
You respect the rank reguardles of who the man wearing it is. As you would want the same respect on the street wearing your uniform.

08-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Carolyn Price should be called in to the Chief Deputy Sheriff's office, and be told that what she did was disrespectful, and in violation of the Operations and Procedures of the SCSO. She should be required to submit a report of exactly what happened, and that report should be placed in her file, along with a report from the Chief. She should be counselled by the Chief. If she does not do anything else worthy of disciplinary action, then no other disciplinary action should be taken against her. If she commits any other violations, then this incident is the foundation for progressive discipline. If the administration does nothing to formally address this issue, then they will be doing a disservice to the SCSO.

08-08-2006, 01:29 AM
How did this even get started? Do we even know if this really happened the way people are making out to be? She could have been polite and nodded to him saying "Sheriff" and that was that. It seems to me that some of you want her to get into trouble for some reason and she might not have done anything wrong in the first place. This thread should have disappeared days ago. Like a bunch of freakin women in a beauty salon! Get over it already!!!

08-08-2006, 12:18 PM
How did . even get started? Do . even know if . . happened the way . are making out to be? She could have been polite and nodded to him saying "Sheriff" and that was that. It seems to me that some of you want her to get into trouble for some reason and she might not have done anything wrong in the first place. . thread should have disappeared days ago. . a bunch of freakin women in a beauty salon! Get over it already!!!I got an email asking if I deleted some words in the above post. The answer is no. However, the forum is being spammed by a drug/porn spammer and the senior moderator has banned some common words to prevent the spammers messages from being read. It is a temporary measure and those common words will be reinstated in about a week or two. Sorry about the confusion.

Mod 24