PDA

View Full Version : new breed includes former jailers, too?

07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
the other post about the new breeds needs to be clarified. does that include former jailguards, too?

07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
No...for the most part (few exceptions) the former jail guards are a unique brand of shit.

07-28-2006, 08:41 PM
No bigger and no more unique than the dipshits on the road who still think with a '60's mentality. At least older and more experienced deputies had a reason to hate "jail guards". For the most part, they were nothing but a bunch of rednecks who just stumbled through the halls hitting inmates for no reason and being pissed about running out of booze. The newer generation is actually trained, discipline, works with LEOs when they come in, take their job seriously, do it right, and put up with bullshit from rookie cops who dont know shit about their own job, much less ours. The only reason new LEOs mock the jail is because it is in style and makes you feel better about sitting under a tree ducking calls, and crying about getting your hands dirty. Listen to your FTOs, learn what you can, pull your head out of your ass, do your job, and we'll do ours when you show up. Otherwise, stay an ignorant ***** and get your own damn unco-ops out of the cruiser, book them yourself, and babysit them for the next 6 months.

07-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Newsflash tuffguy...we disarmed them, handcuffed them, and put them in the car without a turnkey's help. Taking them out of the car isn't all that much of a challenge after that.

07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
News flash tough guy. Rarely are they disarmed when they come in here, and your pat searches suck which is why we keep finding knives, crack, pot, and stems. You're right you don't need a turnkeys help (I don't know where you minght find one, I'm a Detention Deputy); what you need is a proctologists help to get your head out of your ass. You suck at your job which is why we have to keep doing it for you in addition to our own. Putting cuffs on him or her is the easy part.... especially when there is maybe three of them and five or six of you. Again, lets see if you have the balls to go hands on and cuff them when its you versus 72 of them. Bringing them down here doesn't amount to crap when we have to fix everything. Your searches suck, are incomplete, and consistently leave weapons and evidence for us to find. Your affidavits are almost always filled out incorrectly and we have to correct and adjust the charge and statute to what you told us you meant to arresst them for, rather than what you wrote. So blow it all out your ass. None of us are impressed, just tired of doing your job.

07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
I like the folks out at the jail, I worked there for many years before coming out to patrol. I'm all for the job they do out at the jail, but the bozo "Detention Deputy" that posted here about made me puke.
Lets be honest there jailguard...

#1 - I NEVER went 1 on 72 in the jailhouse. That doesnt happen, and to tell me it does means your a rookie wannabe. I do remember going 2 on 300 or 400 once out here waiting for help, so I dont want to hear your *****ing.

#2 - If for some reason your ass does get in a bind at the jail, you have assistance there within seconds.

#3 - My affidavits are filled out correctly. For you to change my affidavit without my knowledge is criminal you dork.

#4. - Thanks for finding the dope the badguy shoved up his ass, I'm sorry, but we cant do a cavity searches out here, so shut up and just do your job.

#5 - If you dont work in booking, your sitting on your ass 90% of the time. Getting up and pulling an inmate for sickcall, walking the nurse around, and handing out and collecting trays isnt all that tough... or dangerous. Hell, the midnite people get more sleep at the jail than I do a home.

Now shut up and go collect those 62's tough guy.

07-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Actually, out on the road in Pinellas County it is roughly 950 to 1,000,000. The shit kicker is that we don't know exactly who's with us and who's against us. Not every citizen is a cop hating dirtbag but when the doo doo hits the occillator, you don't know where it'll come from next. At least in the jail you know your dealing with assholes 24/7.

07-30-2006, 08:53 PM
The last poster in here is correct, at least we know everyone in here is an asshole. The poster before that is an idiot. No one ever said I only worked in the jail. Not only have I worked the road, but I have done it with this county. Never once has there been a time when it was 2 on 300 or 400. Sitting on a crowd is about the same out there as it is in here. Also, I never said we go one on 72. I said we have to go hands on and put cuffs on while surrounded by 72 and if you worked here you know damn well that is the truth. We are locked in the pods with 72 of these asses and it is our responsibility to maintain order in here the same as it is yours to maintain it out there with those asses. I never once intended to knock the road (having worked it myself). What I did intend to do was knock the one poster who had to sling mud. I never said that all of the affidavits are wrong, nor did I mention you since I don't even know who you are. Yes, we do have to adjust affidavits and I never said it was done without your knowledge or behind your back dork. I said that it has to be done.... and often. I love the road and the work that it entails. I have no problems with patrol at all. Just ignorant individuals that have to perpetuate a negative relationship between us and the road simply because they think they can.

07-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Why in the world would you leave the road and go back to the jail? I never worked the jail but I was a correction's officer in the northeast. Now being out on the road is where it is at. I don't work for PCSO but I am an LEO in this county.

07-31-2006, 08:37 PM
I know why he worked the road and is in the jail now... Thats because he "Worked" the road as a FTO Deputy recruit that didnt hack it and found his ass bounced back to the jail. Sorry Charlie, that doesnt count as "Working the road". Anyway, Yes, I was back to back with another Deputy amidst a crowd of 300 or 400 irate south St Petersburg citizens (I gave myself away... oh well). So, Yes there has been a time Ive seen 2 on 300 or 400. Now, I know you occasionally go hands on in Central Division (When your not feeding the inmates cookies and ice cream... No joke, Ive seen it done) but the point is that you have a reaction team 25 feet away.

Dont come in here on your high horse trying to BS everyone about how overworked the Jailguards are, cause it isnt true.

07-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Did anyone say overworked? Does anyone care where in the county you work? I'm not attacking you personally like you are me, I don't give a shit. I'm debating the issue, not the person. The response doesn't mean shit when we are all well aware of how fast you can die. I don't know about the third shifters you worked with, but my squad does its job, we dont cater to inmates. And no, dumbass, I wasn't an FTO kickback. In response to WHY???, I just happen to like the people here. I met some really good friends and enjoy the atmosphere. Yes, the road is more glorious, and yes the excitement is better. But, a job is only as good as the people you work with. Maybe the timing was wrong, but I'm happier with my friends in here. Take care and be safe everyone.

08-01-2006, 01:50 AM
**Cough** Bullshit **Cough**

08-01-2006, 05:05 AM
"maybe the timing wasn't right" haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
You wouldn't cough so much or choke on bullshit if you stopped sucking ass already. I'm out of here, I can see this will be a never ending battle with someone who wasn't involved with the thread to begin with. Probably the same schmuck that exacerbates things within their own squad by feeding into rumors and the like. A regular drama queen. And yes, the timing wasn't right. I should have waited for the later years of my career when I am ready to retire. I just dont care to be there right now.

maggiesbuddy
08-24-2006, 02:17 AM
Actually, out on the road in Pinellas County it is roughly 950 to 1,000,000. The . kicker is that we don't know exactly who's with us and who's against us. Not every citizen is a cop hating dirtbag but when the doo doo hits the occillator, you don't know where it'll come from next. At least in the jail you know your dealing with assholes 24/7.

09-18-2006, 11:48 AM
You guys going back and forth is truly pathetic.

Who cares where you work. You work there for a reason and we are all here to get a job done. It doesn't matter if you are the deputy on the road, the booking desk or the comm center. We are all part of a huge team working towards the same end result.

You guys pissing back and forth is childish. Grow up and remember why you took the job that you have.

With the mentallity that you are showing, it's no wonder why some cities that were thought to fall easy aren't contracting with the S.O. Residents do read this board too.