PDA

View Full Version : Contract

Dirty Harry
07-27-2006, 02:31 AM
Get ready boys and girls as we will soon decide on a new contract. Keep in mind that the city has enough money to lower the millage rate for next year (recommended by B. Horne), new construction bringing in millions in new revenue, continual problems with FD, and they took advantage of us with the SMOOTH bs last contract.

Remember anything you hear is RUMOR until you hear it from a labor contract negotiation team member. The city will of course try to take advantage again. Remember some things are an Officer curb appeal item for recruitment i.e. take home cars and starting pay. We need to stand together and remember FD is almost at the end of their contract with Paramedics making 3k more then a police officer in each step-are we not a little more in harms way? It's all about fixing the steps, increase in pay across the board, more officers, multiplyer increase and cola increase. There is only one officer not in the FOP so lets stand together.

08-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Any news - since the FOP web site hasn't been updated since the Easter picnic.

08-30-2006, 12:51 PM
As far as contract negotiations, this will not be updated on the FOP website, though it is password protected, management still has access to the site. The contract negotiation team will be trying and is trying to get the word out. They are trying get to line up's, when it is possible. When there is something valid to bring to the table an emergency meeting will be held to discuss all issues. As always, Anyone from the FOP Labor board is approachable to answer any questions that is of concern to any member. Hope this helps. Good luck.

09-04-2006, 03:23 AM
Two words. Bull crap.

Maybe I should've been a sanitation worker. They get better contracts than we do! :shock:

09-06-2006, 02:15 AM
It's solid waste...........CWA rocks :!:

09-07-2006, 12:24 PM
:shock: My bad...

So, you are a solid waste engineer? Just trying to be PC. :roll:

Dirty Harry
09-14-2006, 01:29 AM
The city will offer there last chance deal Tuesday 9/19/06 and it will be discussed at the meeting that night 1800hrs. We will then decide to take to membership or go to impass.

Stay Safe.