PDA

View Full Version : Out The Door

07-24-2006, 03:33 AM
I hear a few more are giving their notice this week. I may have to call Bay News 9 or Fox13 to see if they are interested in doing a story on this.

I suggest you all get involved and get the information out there on how dangerous this is. I'm glad I don't live in the city of St. Pete.

07-24-2006, 09:07 AM
any one the number that have left so ref this year?

07-24-2006, 09:09 AM
wow i just read that, let me try that one more time

any one know how many officers have left so far this year??

07-24-2006, 01:38 PM
It's somewhere around 40 LEOs have left SPPD in the first 6 months. That's as many as have left during 2004...which set a new low (or high depending on your perspective).

But here's the more insightful question: How many more would LOVE to leave? 400?

The reasons are simple: No COC backing; poor decision-making by chief & lame staff; weak benefits; stick-it-to-'em philosophy.

Think it sucks now? Try handling calls with less trained counterparts, less chances to attend schools, fewer opportunities to take vacation due to staffing, etc.

07-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Let's now forget how many civilians have left, too.

Don't look down. Isn't that water starting to get high? Glad I've got flood insurance.

07-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Come on over boys!!!! How many cops ahve quit PCSO this year???? about none!!! We will give you lateral pay for prior experience. you could start off as high as a five year Deputy, which would be over 40k easy. You pay -0- into you pension. You get every dam piece of equipment you can carry:

.45 caliber Glock with an M3 light
12 guage Remington 870, parkerized, with rifle sights, slugs or 00
.223 Rock River M4 with 3 mags, soft case and sling
new uniforms every year, need it or not
new bullet proff vest evey 5 years or as needed
riot equipment (shield, ballistic helmet, BDU's, etc)
take home car (within Pinellas)

Here's the best part. For the most part, like 1 in a 100, a staff that backs you on shootings, pursuits, and uses of force. You have no idea how great that is. Been involved in all three of the above, still kicking!! They actually believe you when you explain something as it happened!! can you believe that?

Man give up the ulcer maker job and come to where you can do your dam job. Dont believe me? Ask the guys that came from SPPD to PCSO!!! you know who they are.

Step up to the plate and be a Deputy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Guapo
07-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I would love to, but I must have my plethera of cigars....ju know I can't be el jefe without a cigar

estupid esmoking policy.