PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy

07-22-2006, 07:28 PM
can't one and two see it? morale is quickly dropping most likely due to three. how many tickets did you use to write. seems like he is turning out just like the XX chromosome captains that ruined the place and could not make it. my my my how quickley we forget where we came from. what other stupid changes do you want to promote to make yourself look better?

i am not the most junior person on the street,but he likes to call us lazy and come up with some stupid ideas that he would have never done at his old rank if he was even around. now we may lose the four month shift bid. retire already we try our best with what we have and deal with other agencies bashing our style can't you just let it be and stop pissing us all of

maybe you should actually meet with the officers and see how we feel. it is getting to the point where we don't wanna work for you or anyone anymore

07-22-2006, 08:46 PM
who is 3?

07-23-2006, 12:30 AM
amen brother

07-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Let's see: The senior officers are "encouraged" to move to different shifts by the Management removing S/S slots on Days. We went to four-month bids to entice senior officers to Afts and Mids, but not enough went, so its the senior officers' faults, so now we're taking away the four-month bids and going back to six months. I get it! Bad management didn't deplete the ranks of senior officers over the last ten years, the senior officers did!

07-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Bad senior officers, bad!

07-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I have had enough of this crap! I think i'm going to follow suit and leave LPD. This place is like high school, full of drauma.

07-28-2006, 04:58 AM
Hey, great idea, but first go to high school. There, they will tell you how to spell drama. Then, why not go pretend to be someone who works somewhere else.

08-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Has nobody upstairs realized that to have a good agency, your employees need to be happy with what they are doing? The same goes for shift work. To have a good shift, you need to have officers on it that want to be on it.

So the four month bid didnt bring many over....hmmm.....well of course it didnt! Why? Because a four month bid does not add any incentive, except that you only have to work on mids with hardly any extra incentive for four months as opposed to 6 months.

Here's an idea, why not change the incentives to get more people on mids. It seems to have worked for the SO. Why not increase the shift differential to a point where its actually worth changing shifts for? If that doesnt work, find another type of incentive. The 4-10's are a start....but they dont work so well when we are constantly being reminded about how much our great Cxx sacrificed to get us that, and constant reminders about how he could take them away at any point.

The bottom line is this... people should go to a shift because they want to. Not becuase they have no choice. Forcing the low ranking officers to a shift is going to create a large group of unmotivated officers just trying to survive long enough to get on the shift of their choice. And all this talk or reducing the already limited incentives is a step in the wrong direction.

Largo needs to step up and sacrifice a little to level the playing fields. And to Cxx....that might mean a little sacrifice on your part too. You have made it very clear that scheduling with a 4-10 shift is a little more difficult. But isn't that little bit of extra work worth making an entire shift happier? Well, i guess your threats of ending the 4-10's have made that answer clear. Way to have a Captain the backs his officers....and not just his senior boys on days.

08-01-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not understanding the need to have the senior officers come to mids. Are the mids officers really that bad? What is going on during the mids shift that more senior officers need to be on it? I don't recall any "newbie" officer on mids that has been a safety risk or screwed up a call so bad that they need to be replaced by a senior officer. Those that come to work mids, the forgotten shift, do so because they enjoy the shift. At one time, when I was on mids, I enjoyed it because of the comradarie due to working with a group of individuals that are rarely seen by others in the department due to their hours. So no, I can say that the mids group is doing just fine. The incentives that people are looking for to transfer shifts could be used in far more areas such as

The city not reducing the percentage of insurance they pay over the next few years.

Not reducing the percent of salary raise per year

And why not begin considering take home cars county wide or have a radius system?

A shooting range that is capable for units to go to when the call load is down or to prevent the three hour drive to Hillsborough.

Or even a K-9 training area for the units since they have to scavenge for time and places to train.

The list could go on and on resulting in more issues to think of other than trying to pry someone from a prized day shift spot who would only come to mids for the payback.

Regarding 4-10s, they may be hard to schedule for but anyone wanting to change the mids shift back to 5-8s has to have forgotten what it is like to not have a weekend at all.

08-02-2006, 04:05 PM
The whole department needs to be on a 4-10 schedule. The 5-8 schedule is very outdated.