PDA

View Full Version : Firearms

07-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Hi- I just wanted to know what the standard issue firearm for FDEP. I know FHP Troopers are issued Beretta 96G .40 Caliber sidearms. I'm not sure about the other state agencies such as DEP, FWC, FDLE, AB&T, etc. Currently my town issues the Glock Model 22. I came on this board to ask because you guys are really positive and I know I can get a straight answer. Thanks in advance guys and stay safe out there!

07-17-2006, 01:06 AM
We use Glock Model 21 .45 caliber semi auto for side arms and Remington 870 pump shotguns.

No tasers as of yet, but we are hopeful.

Hope this answers your question.

07-17-2006, 03:34 AM
Yes it does, and thanks. I'm surprised that .45's are standard issue in fact I don't know of any other agency that issues .45's. As for Tasers there must be a policy against them for State LEOs. My 17-officer agency deploys them to all sworn and requires them to be on the duty belt (even the Chief carries one!) but my Trooper friend says that they will never get them. Anyway thanks for the info and as always stay safe.
STC

07-18-2006, 12:02 PM
What AR15 is your agency issuing, Bushmaster, Colt? Are they M4 A3 or a standard rifle? Thanks be safe.

07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
I work for an agency of 200 sworn officers and we dont get issued any type of long gun. We can buy our own and I do own a colt ar-15 a3, and we qualify with it twice a year on a long gun course. If you guys get issued long guns im surprised, very expensive.

02-14-2007, 07:53 AM
I read in the general orders that they issue 9mm or .40. Also what is the deal with the rifles. Do you have to buy them?

03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
I read in the general orders that they issue 9mm or .40. Also what is the deal with the rifles. Do you have to buy them?

As you can see, the GO's haven't been updated in awhile, as we are issued .45's. We can only carry department issued long guns. There are not enough to go around, so each district may only have a couple. Even if you own the same model issued by the department (Bushmaster M4), you cannot carry it. Rumor has it, that will be changed with a new GO coming out regarding weapons. We shall see...