PDA

View Full Version : Betrayed by My Own

07-15-2006, 06:55 PM
When I went to the Belle Glade Police Department, I went looking for a second chance to re-start my law enforcement career. I was given the opportunity, and I went ahead and gave it my best. I believe I have become a much better person and officer for it. I was re-introduced to the concepts of truth, integrity, professionalism, and above all ................in times of dark oppression by incompentent police administration, cartbagging politicians, backstabbing usless Officers (those that milked work comp, then made miraculous recoveries like St. Cloud, Seymour, and Milton) and let us not forget, like the Mayor put it......the rifraf of Belle Glade that hangs out between MLK all the way through SW Avenue D ( The Mini-Zone) the meaning of the word courage and honor. Words that this people in this so called great country have a long time ago forgotten. It is no wonder why the international community cannot stand this country of the so called land of milk and honey, and continue to plot against it. People here can't keep there word.

To the people that received prior notices from PBSO IA stating that as long as you pass your Psych's and Poly's your hired....congratulations. I mean you no ill will. Now, you will be part of an arrogant group of people that think there good becuase the FBI cancelled there training with the LAPD and now use PBSO, or they helped out the impoverished west coast when the hurricanes hit, or they recieved great remarks from the US Secret Service for their work with dignitary protection.

Well, I guess I'm just ranting and raving becuase I feel betrayed by our so called leader" Interim Chief Calipto Gonzalez". As a Chief, he is responsible to know the backgrounds of his employee's, something that he did not do. He didn't negotiate with PBSO, he was instructed to hand over the Department to PBSO. The White Commisioner's wanted this. Didn't Frank Mayo state this back in March? Whe he recieved his notice to appear, he stated that Belle Glade days were now numbered.

I tell you, they picked the right guy for this. Had the police department had a union, I gurantee you that this travesty would not have occurred, but the current and prior adminstrations to include the city kept the union out. Officer's were required to work 86 hours in a by-week period to start making overtime. This would not have flyed. No BGPD Officer has been allowed to go to training and improve themselves. Had a union been in place, at minimum Officer's would have to be approved to at least 2 40 hour classes. Then the ASA Shepard, wouldn't have to complain about BGPD Officer's having well over 75% of there cases nolle prossed becuase of lack of probable cause. If a union was in place, I guranteee you that Dowdell, would not have gotten away with that; plus , the over working of police officers to the point of exhaustion. 12 and 16 hour days and for some offciers 18 to 20 even 24 hours is extreme. In the Glades, crime doesen't stop, and never do the sensless calls for service. Thats enough to make a man or woman drink.

For me, well, it could be over. Maybe not, but I expect the worst and wish for the best. Between Holborow, Gonzalez, Dowdell, and the past commisioners, they nickle and dimed the agency to death, and brought it to its knees. Why was this allowed? Why is the City sending Tate over to Washingtion DC to aquire money for the stupid Marina, instead of trying to obtain funds for its public safety. Thats why the Federal Government is there. Not to help Iraq, who could care less of Yankee Americans, but to help one of its own. Why wasn't this pursued?

To the Officer's that sabatouged Belle Glade so that the city goes green. You should be charged and indicted with Official Misconduct, and above all, Willful and Wantom Neglect of your Duty as Sworn Belle Galde Police Officer's, not liasons or confidants to the Sheriff's Office.

They say that certain people will not go to the SO. Well, I say this, either everyone goes, as it was stated by Interim Chief Calipto Gonzalez and Det. Holborow or no one goes! The city must either reconsider there contract or face a lawsuit that most likey will turn into a class action lawsuit.

Right now, people are waiting for responses from PBSO to see which individuals will make the cut, after that, no one better think that this is over. Then, the real fun begins. Belle Glade is not a Pahokee, and the Officer's will not take this lying down. A lawsuit will come, and everyone will be involved.

07-15-2006, 08:05 PM
I agree dude, you guys got shafted. But stand up to the light. You never know, maybe you'll be given a chance and get picked up by PBSO. I know how you feel, I feel the same way.

07-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh, please...

07-15-2006, 08:22 PM
to mr betrayed,
Amen, you are so right.

07-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Stop playing the blame game. After numerous violent crimes and numerous shootings, what would you expect the city to do. # 1 I know the majority of officers busted their ass working long hours and no days off. But some of you played your injuries to the hilt. This list should not include Milton she was injured in the line of duty, her knee was blown out. She returned to full duty before any of the others that claim injury. So give me a break. I wear green and I know a majority of you will be comming over. The only persons who know what happened in the negotiation are the Sheriff Col. Maj. on the sheriffs side of the table and on the other side was your Chief a laywer and some other city official. You guys have some people who are on probation with the FDLE and other major problems. Those persons will have problems. Major does not mean a termination or write up some things can be explained and our IA back ground staff are second to none and they are fair. so once again stop bashing officers. The IA I am sure is reading thes crazy posts. So please grow up and be professional.

07-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Just a word to the wise, even for you IA boys. be careful if you have to ask old calipideo gonzales for his gun and badge.
He might challange you to a quick draw contest, just ask the TK.

07-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Blame-I don't know you, and I hope your right. I agree with the shootings and the high crime. As an officer there, I felt very uncomfortable in that area. As far as officer's under FDLE porbation, now thats a new one. I know of Woods, but who else? As far as Milton goes, well, she was scheduled to have surgery and was going to be out for 5 months. But, what happened? When she found out PBSO was taking over she made a miraculos recovery intrying to return to full duty. I understand that she blew her knee doing her job, and it was crappy that the perp was out on the street. But, common if your injured, stay injured, don't try to pull that comeback stuff. In the end though, she still has to get that knee fixed, and they better not let her pass DT at PBSO cause that is bullshit. Anyway, I think Milton is a good officer, the question is will IA and PBSO be fair and willing to extend an offer to those that aren't that bad off, but have some small skeletons? I am not perfect, but I am not one of those Pahokee type guys that were full of stuff. I know that PBSO back then were sticklers for a lot of things. I am hoping that they aren't like that now, and that they realize that not every officer in Belle Glade is a corrupt scum bag.

07-16-2006, 10:41 AM
To Betrayed;

I agree with you that you guys probably were not properly represented by the acting chief in the negotiations and were not told the truth. But the contract is already signed for the next two years and do you really think you can tell the sheriff who he can and can't hire. The contract does not say the sheriff will hire everyone it says that he will hire everyone that meets the standards of the sheriff. I also believe in second chances and some people should get that with the S.O. and i'm sure you would agree some should not get that chance. But to think that you can sue the sheriff is ridiculous and trust me it would acomplish nothing.

07-16-2006, 12:51 PM
To Betrayed,

First of all, you do have a union. If it wasn't utilized, not anyone's fault but the officers. If you didn't like the union, find another one!

Second, who are you going to sue if you don't get hired? The City could no longer afford the PD. It was underfunded and BG is strapped as it is. There was no way to fund it so that officers and citizens were safe! SO was a no brainer and it had to be done. You are not going to convince me that for a minute ALL officers were told that they were going to go! You can't tell the SO that they have to take everyone. I would have been a deal breaker for the sheriff. As a citizen, I don't expect him to take people that can't pass the civil service exam and have a ton of baggage. I think that if the city had never done away with civil service, it would have helped immensely. However, it did and Belle Glade had officers that were not qualifed for the positions that they had. If that applies to you, not my fault and not the city's either. You need to take responsibility for YOUR actions or incompetence. You cannot tell me for a minute that if you had a clean jacket and could pass the civil service exam that SO wouldn't take you. If someone doesn't get taken it isn't the commission, the sheriff or anyone else's fault but your own. The sheriff didn't say that I will only take this many people. He said that only 12 or 13 would meet the standards. He can't help if you are incompetent. That is part of the reason that we needed a take over too. The citizens of Belle Glade want to be safe. I thank the three commissioners that voted for the take over!!! Sue if you want - looks like you need to save your money to pay your bills though!

07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
To Betrayed,

First of all, you do have a union. If it wasn't utilized, not anyone's fault but the officers. If you didn't like the union, find another one!

[/b]

what union is that? FOP, PBA, or some other union? i had no idea that BGPD was unionized. how much were the union dues every pay period? it couldnt be that much. BGPD guys didnt make enough to pay any dues.

07-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I believe it was IUPA. Not positive though. Don't know how much the dues were but if the union didn't work for them, it was too much and they needed to change but didn't!

07-17-2006, 03:03 PM
THANK YOU for letting people know that they DO HAVE a union because I am sick of people saying that it was not 'allowed' or that the union was 'kept out' - what BS.

07-18-2006, 12:12 AM
They only post that they didn't have a union as a cop out. They had one and it was not utilized. End of story!

07-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey wait a minute, I didn't know we had a union. In fact, most of the new officers didn't know that we had a union. If we did have a union, why don't we have a union rep? What about the union attorney? I don't know where some of you come from, but from the people I have spoken to from this county, Broward and Martin, they have all said the same crap. We were dealt a bad hand. I don't blame anyhting on the SO, there the county agency. I blame Belle Glade for the years that they tolerated all this. This wasn't an over night thing, and you know what. You guys are qrong and there is enough to sue.......not on the contract per say, but on other issues that involoves the City and there mismanagment of the Police Dept. You see while some people just come on these boards to gripe and complain, others have meticulously making copies, keeping things that will show how negligent the city and the police department were and the risk they put there officer's in. But...thats all I can say at this time. A lawsuit will come, and not just from one person...so I can Imgaine it will be class action. Also, CG DID TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY WILL HAVE JOBS! HE LIED, and we have over 10 BGPD employees that will swear an oath to this.

07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
So what! CG said this or that. Anyone can say anything they want to say and not be held accountable. Albert said that crime went down and the PB Post printed it - uhhhh, hellooooo. hundreds of people can swear to the fact this is crap but NO ONE CARES!! No one cares that you are so gullible that you trusted anything about a guaranteed job. Lawsuits? Give me a break! I learned the 'jumping off of a bridge lesson' a loooong time ago people. In fact, no one wants you to be an LEO anyway if you are no smarter than a 6 year old claiming that 'somebody told me...'

07-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Maybe I shouldn't be a cop, maybe I should. Maybe I'm a 6 year old child ranting and raving, maybe I'm dum for believing a dream that turned into a lie. Regardless, with the Sun-Sentinnel Article, that is the first stirke. There will be more. I don't care what some of you think. I was wronged, we were wronged, and the only way to remedy this, is to ........do what must be done. I promise to all of you this... I will show no mercy, and I will have everyone one way or the next. As of today, I declare myself an enemy to everyone at Belle Glade that either works, or worked there. No stone will be left unturned.

07-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, Betrayed, those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. Consider that before you go to trying to take the world or Belle Glade down!

07-19-2006, 02:01 AM
I promise to all of you this... I will show no mercy, and I will have everyone one way or the next. As of today, I declare myself an enemy to everyone at Belle Glade that either works, or worked there. No stone will be left unturned.

REEEEEEEEER
:shock:

07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Dingle, is this you???

07-19-2006, 09:32 PM
No that was not me you ass clown. :evil:

07-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Could someone here act like a GROWN UP?

Anybody....? :?

07-20-2006, 01:17 AM
You are negligent for not checking into the fact that you had a union. Additionally, why didn't any of you have the balls to step forward when we had the department to file a lawsuit? Perhaps if you had, we would still have a department. Everyone was too scared. Now that it is done, you want to sue! Crazy!! Everyone and their mother knew the department was mismanaged, that is why we as citizens demanded that it be turned over to the SO. We begged you guys to come forward with evidence and people were unwilling to step upto the plate. Now you got what you got! Also, you listened to CG? Did he work for the SO and have authority to give you a job? No, so it didn't mean s#$t!

07-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Dingle......Now come on. We all know that you are "Mr. Betrayed". Lets face it you tried and tried to get hired by PBSO and they would not hire you. So....some how you fooled FHP into hiring you. Then you get caught screwing around with topless dancers on duty, along with many other sub-performance issues, and get fired. So...... you went crawling back to the Belle Glade police department since it was the only place that would hire you other then Wal-Mart and now you want to sue...... You should not even have been a law enforcement officer to begin with. Give us all a break and just go away. Forget your dream of being a Deputy and move on with your pathetic life. Maybe your girlfriend can get you a job at Rachels cleaning the toilets since you definetly will not be joing PBSO.......unless being booked into the jail counts.....Have a nice day ass-clown

07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...that's the best post I've ever read! :twisted:

07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
That was a definite good one for the cum boy!

07-20-2006, 10:48 PM
When I went to the Belle Glade Police Department, I went looking for a second chance to re-start my law enforcement career.

If you didn't meet FDLE standards, you should not have been hired in the first place.

The White Commisioner's wanted this.

Are you a racist? What does race have do do with disbanding an illegal administration/organization?

To the Officer's that sabatouged Belle Glade so that the city goes green. You should be charged and indicted with Official Misconduct, and above all, Willful and Wantom Neglect of your Duty as Sworn Belle Galde Police Officer's, not liasons or confidants to the Sheriff's Office.

Is it sabotage if some qualified officers felt uncomfortable with an unethical, incompetent, and possibly illegal organization?
[/quote]