PDA

View Full Version : whats your view

07-15-2006, 03:13 PM
has anyone been selected for the cib spot or spots? how many spots are open? why are their so many openings lately? i thought about going inside but i dont know something is not right if so many are leaving. it seems that only new deps are trying to go inside whats up with that? are they qualified or does the divison even care?

07-15-2006, 04:38 PM
has anyone been selected for the cib spot or spots? how many spots are open? why are their so many openings lately? i thought about going inside but i dont know something is not right if so many are leaving. it seems that only new deps are trying to go inside whats up with that? are they qualified or does the divison even care?It's not like what they show in TV and it's a shit job. All the old timers have already been inside and that's why they aren't re-applying to go back to that hellhole -- and that's why only new guys want a crack at it. Eventually, all new guys find out that it's a shit job -- and then they leave and never go back.

07-17-2006, 02:43 AM
good point :shock:

08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Patrol is the best and I will be here forever. No stress and the job is over at the end of the shift.

08-15-2006, 11:27 PM
1,500 extra a year for a caseload and on-call status. i love the street and enjoy not having to answer phone calls and deal with deadend sg18 reports and a desk full of files and paperwork. i love the end of shift job with everyother weekends off. the current schedule gives me the ability to work o/t and details and if i need extra time thats what vacation time is for. i would like to get into a special unit down the road.

08-16-2006, 02:17 AM
The same slackers who bash those working CID are the ones who have not, or would not work it. Try it, put the experience on your resume' and make a difference in the agency. I said it before, "Lead, follow or shut the ?*&$ up"

That stirred some angry responses, which I was sure it would.
When the shoe fits sometimes, the only alternative is to piss and moan.

Let me try and splain it.......

Lead - Become a leader in the department, whether recognized by stripes/ bars /or whatever....if you are a leader, people know it.

Follow - If you're not a leader or dont want to become one, follow the lead of others who do.

Shut the ?*&$ Up. Simple, if you can't lead and you can't follow, running your mouth serve no purpose. Admin. laughs at you and your peers call you a loser. Shhhhhh or leave,,,,simple

08-16-2006, 02:55 AM
It is true that CIB is a great and valuable experience. However right now might not be the time to go to CIB. Examine the numbers that will be presented at the next STARTRAC. You will quickly notice that the case load is overwhelming. The stress is defiantly there right now. No fault of anyone at all. It’s the cases that are coming in. We are growing and our CIB needs to grow also. It is evident that more detectives are needed.
So if you enjoy logging off at the end of the day without anything hanging over your head than CIB is not for you. If you do not mind having about a month of work sitting on your desk than you’ll be alright. Oh, and don’t forget about that phone call in the middle of the night that wakes you and your family up so you can respond to a dead body or speak to another crack-ho who got raped. Those are always fun. It’s your choice.

08-16-2006, 03:06 AM
If you do not mind having about a month of work sitting on your desk than you’ll be alright. Oh, and don’t forget about that phone call in the middle of the night that wakes you and your family up so you can respond to a dead body or speak to another crack-ho who got raped. Those are always fun. It’s your choice.What's bad about getting up in the middle of the night for a bullchit case is that the routine cases keep coming... and coming... and coming. :roll:

If you are working the crime of the century, you will STILL be assigned more and more routine cases... and more...

That's the nature of CIB. It stinks.

Yeaa, the hours are great and you get weekends and holidays off, but don't forget that you will be on-call on those days and you WILL get called out to those neverending BS calls. :roll: But at least you'll be a detective. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you can call yourself a detective!!!! ;) :lol:

We need some more green recruits who are ready to apply for CIB!!! :mrgreen: :roll: They come in smelling like roses, but leave with attitudes that smell like turds. :shock:

08-16-2006, 02:38 PM
I've been there. The job is good and the people are great, but the case load ruins it.

Sheriff, double the number of detectives in CIB!!! Their arrests will probably nearly double and we'll get more scrot bags off the street. Less scrot bags on the street equals less crimes for patrol to resond to. I can't tell you how many crooks got away because I was too cased up to get to them. I spent more time writing off BS cases than investigating good ones. You learned not to dig too deep, because you'd just bring on more work for yourself. I hated that, because I wanted to arrest bad guys, but the truth was, I didn't have time. Do you know that detectives have to rewrite everything that is already on the full field before they add the new info from their investigation? When I asked why we have to redo what patrol has already done, I was told because that's the way it's always been done. At least 20-30 minutes waisted on each BS case retyping what's already been done...GOD, my blood boils just thinking about that job. Newbies, go in CIB, get your experience, and then get out! Nothing will change up there until the number of detectives is doubled. YES, DOUBLED! Not 1 or 2 more detectives, DOUBLED!!!!!

08-17-2006, 12:48 AM
ITS A HIDE THE PEA UNDER THE SHELL GAME. YOU CANT TRANSFER INTERESTED PEOPLE INTO THE SPECIAL UNITS UNLESS YOU CAN REPLACE THEM AT THEIR CURRENT POSTS! NEVER A C.I.B. GUY BUT I KNOW ITS NO BED OF ROSES, BUT GREAT EXPERIENCE!
WE PROB HAVE ENOUGH COPS, BUT THE LARGER PROBLEM IS TO MANY OF THEM ARE DOING SOCIAL WORK, PUB REL, ECT. AND CRAP THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLICE WORK.
(IMAGINE THAT).
THIS USED TO BE A JOB THAT YOU DIDNT ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK, BUT YOU DIDNT HATE IT EITHER, WHICH APPEARS TO BE A GROWING MENTALITY AT THE SSO. WHISH IT WERNT SO, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE REAL.

08-22-2006, 03:35 PM
I THINK IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE AND HELPED ME GET PROMOTED.

08-23-2006, 01:02 AM
i did it for 2 yrs then needed the road again. i got into this job for the street not a desk job. cib did not afford me more money either. i actually lost money working in cib. the patrol schedule worked out great and i was able to get more o/t and detail hrs. i hated being on call and not being able to work a detail or o/t.