PDA

View Full Version : FHP Back at it again / Petta Cited

07-15-2006, 02:23 PM
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/15043854.htm

07-15-2006, 06:14 PM
**** F.H.P. :!: We Will see.....

07-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Whats wrong with FHP citing someone who is at fault for a crash? Where is the limit for getting off the hook cause you're an LEO? Sig's 1-4 ok, but nothing else?

07-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Whats wrong with FHP citing someone who is at fault for a crash? Where is the limit for getting off the hook cause you're an LEO? Sig's 1-4 ok, but nothing else?If a troopers POV is stolen, I won't be running code after the suspect. Nooooo waaaaaay!!! Let'em go!!!

It's very hazardous to run code after somebody. It's just not worth it any more. Sorry folks, but the days of chasing after the bad guys in purusits is pretty much over. Let'em go. Let'em have the stolen car.

Hummmmmm what if they're wanted for a violent crime??? If we get involved in a crash while try to negotiate a red light, then will FHP ticket us for running a red light??? You bet!!! Don't chase anybody for anything any more because you won't be backed up!!!! Everything is assbackwards now. :roll:

07-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Why didnt FHP Cite Proffessor Ass-Hole who failed to yield to an emergency vehicle??? :?: :?: Oh thats right he said he never saw or heard the Deputy. We all know how invisible a Chevy Tahoe is especially a Marked Police vehicle with lights and sirens operating. :x

07-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Troopers on Friday ticketed a Manatee County sheriff's deputy for running a red light after he crashed into a civilian's vehicle during a high-speed chase last month.

Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Lt. Doug Dodson said investigators felt that even in an emergency, a law enforcement official must take into consideration the safety of others.

"We have to be reasonably safe when we enter an intersection even with lights and sirens on," Dodson said.

According to the sheriff's office policies, a deputy in a marked vehicle "shall not enter a controlled intersection against the directed flow of traffic at a speed greater than 15 mph, and the driver shall be sure that the cross-traffic flow has yielded in each lane before attempting to cross that lane."

During a chase, the policy spells out that "if the suspect accelerates and begins to operate in a more dangerous manner, the deputy shall terminate the pursuit."

"The suspect in the van cleared the traffic light at the intersection of General Spaatz Boulevard and U.S. 41,..... according to an FHP report. Dep. Petta, behind the stolen van, approached the intersection just as the light turned red for traffic on U.S. 41 and green for General Spaatz Boulevard, the report stated."

Leo S. Demski, 63, drove into the intersection from General Spaatz Boulevard, according to the report. Petta, with his emergency lights and siren on, drove in its path.

Three weeks later, after speaking to Demski and other witnesses, the FHP concluded that Petta ran the red light and cited him for it.

The citation carries a $118.50 fine, said FHP spokesman Lt. Doug Dodson.

Seems the deputy failed to ensure the intersection was clear and therefore failed to yield the right way. While I disagree that a citation neded to be issued, the deputy was at fault. The trooper did his job which resulted in a citation being issued.

Its sucks to be the deputy becuase he has an $118 ticket to pay and a review board to determine what action his agency may take. It also sucks to be the troopr who issued the ticket as so many LEO's want to condem him for doing his job.

Dont you just hate it when someone monday morning quaterbacks your decisions? I am sure the trooper feels the same way. :roll:

07-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Petta was wrong, he ran the red light. the TARB will also find him at fault and he will buy some days off for it. So before you go squawking about FHP, let Petta take his lumps. He is a cop, he should know State law and MCSO's General Orders, if he doesn't shame on him!

07-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Petta let his ego outdrive his authority!

07-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Why are you citing an MSO G.O. that has nothing to do with the ticket Moron??. Petta should have used caution and I am not saying in any way he didnt, however the other person failed to yield to the Emergency Vehicle. That is a fact as well :!: If you are citing the Deputy you need to cite the other person Violating FSS not just a MSO G.O.

07-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Ummm, obviously that citizen had the green light and did not see that emergency vehicle. approaching, or if he did and he tried to beat the emergency vehicle into the lane of traffic he could be written for Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, but....If Petta had followed GO's and slowed to 15mph when approaching that red light, he could have easily peformed an evasive manuever around the citizen, avoiding the crash. Obviously Petta ran the red light, and was unable to perform an evasive manuever. Driving in pursuit mode is extremely stressful and causes tunnel vision, Petta should have anticipated a vehicle coming out of that intersection when his light was turning red at the very least. I think you all are totally wrong for citing FHP as the bad guys in this situation. They are doing their job as Law Enforcement officers. If the tables were turned and it was the citizen who ran the red light, all of you would be howling "Why did it take FHP so long to write that guy a citation?" Just because you have a blue light and siren, doesn't make you above the law. Now put that in your pity party bowl and howlllllll away!

07-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Come on Fella's (Not you Purple writing) women. Let's bag a Trooper by the end of this weekend. Im sure their is a signal 01 trooper out there to bag!!!

07-16-2006, 04:43 AM
I have a Question for Mr. Purple.... As a Leo you risk your life everyday to protect the rights of others (I.E chasing a S-10). Now if a citizen had ran that light and cuased a S-4 yes he would have been cited by FHP, as he should be, but a Mso Deputy running T-18 after a s-10 is not just violating a F.S.S for the fun of it, he has a felony vehicle fleeing him, so I think in this case something every cop learns in FTO at some point called Officer Discreation should have been used by the trooper. I think you are sending the wrong message to the public here, you are saying that all Law enforcement officer should not pursue the criminals becuase if they do they will buy days off for it. Now I realize that had the Deputy followed the PGO the incident might not have occured, but how many FHP troopers or Deputy's follow every single PGO while that type of aderniline(SP) is pumping through their veins. Besides the Citizen was compensated for his lose, and stated that he may even sew the Sheriffs Office for further injuries...hmmmmmmm.. sounds like Mr. Citizen is just trying to make a few bucks at a Leo's expense, and now FHP as just given him the ammo he needs WOW !!! I dont think we should fight with each other over stuff like this, but why cant people make some common sense decisions about simple issues like this. I am prepared to here someone slam me for this post but so be it.

Bradenton Police Officer

07-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Dude learn some grammar!

07-16-2006, 07:29 AM
see I expected that type of response

07-16-2006, 07:52 AM
What FSS covers Officer Discreation?

07-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Before everyone starts condemning the FHP Trooper for doing their job as directed to do, get the file and see all the facts. The most important fact was Petta's speed. From what I was told about the speed at the time of the crash and I'm not going to give out his speed on this board (pulled from the black box) but it was VERY excessive. The other driver had the green and never heard the siren because Petta was "overdriving his siren". The other driver was lucky he or she didn't enter the intersection 1 second sooner. If he/she did then they may have been t-boned by Petta. Then FHP most likely would have been working a THI.

As much as we all want to do our jobs, we have to restrain ourselves. We all take risks in doing our jobs well, but we cannot be reckless with our actions. Remember your family and mine drive these roads everyday.

07-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Every one restrain yourselves when you do the job. The public could care less about you so let that be your guide. The only people worth going the extra yard for is your family. Let the bad guy go. No one cares. Oh, unless they are the victim; that changes the rules.

CTFUUU
07-17-2006, 01:36 AM
I have a Question for Mr. Purple.... As a Leo you risk your life everyday to protect the rights of others (I.E chasing a S-10). Now if a citizen had ran that light and cuased a S-4 yes he would have been cited by FHP, as he should be, but a Mso Deputy running T-18 after a s-10 is not just violating a F.S.S for the fun of it, he has a felony vehicle fleeing him, so I think in this case something every cop learns in FTO at some point called Officer Discreation should have been used by the trooper. I think you are sending the wrong message to the public here, you are saying that all Law enforcement officer should not pursue the criminals becuase if they do they will buy days off for it. Now I realize that had the Deputy followed the PGO the incident might not have occured, but how many FHP troopers or Deputy's follow every single PGO while that type of aderniline(SP) is pumping through their veins. Besides the Citizen was compensated for his lose, and stated that he may even sew the Sheriffs Office for further injuries...hmmmmmmm.. sounds like Mr. Citizen is just trying to make a few bucks at a Leo's expense, and now FHP as just given him the ammo he needs WOW !!! I dont think we should fight with each other over stuff like this, but why cant people make some common sense decisions about simple issues like this. I am prepared to here someone slam me for this post but so be it.

Bradenton Police OfficerUmmm, I'll answer your question. I think your question was "How many Deputies and Troopers follow their General Orders?" If that is correct, I would say it's the one's that aren't buying time off. Now to comment on your asinine post. You said that you think I'm sending the wrong message here by pointing out obvious mistakes that were made in this incident. You said that the LEO was risking his life running in pursuit mode to catch a piece of property, that more than likely was covered under insurance(and if it wasn't, shame on the owner). Well, while this LEO was running in pursuit mode, he still had the obligation of protecting the rights of others, as you so pointedly stated above. Then you stated that the Trooper should have used "Officer Discretion" when he wrote that Deputy a citation. Now I wonder what discretion the LEO in pursuit used. You seem to think that the citizen put himself into the "crash" so he could sue MCSO. Now if that isn't hard to beleive, I don't know what is. What I can tell you though is this, had that have been my family member involved in that crash and injuries occurred, you bet your ass that I would sue! Reckless endangerment is no joke!

07-17-2006, 02:19 AM
"Reckless endangerment is no joke!"

Exactly I see Ctfuuu is still working!!

CTFUUU
07-17-2006, 09:02 AM
"Reckless endangerment is no joke!"

Exactly I see Ctfuuu is still working!!and your point is?

07-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Mr. Purple...I see your point, but I think you missed mine. I dont think the citzen crashed into the deputy willingly, but I think he is after more than he should get, but that wasn't even what the post was about. I was simply saying that if we let the criminals know that we can't/wont pursue them in felony situations, then what do you think they will try next??? I dont think anything is worth losing a life over, but do you think the king unit would have chased the suspect if he knew that he would be involved in a s-4 moments later..the answer is no, or he would have at least tried to avoid the collison at that intersection. I do think that he should have crossed the intersection more carefuly then he did, but we all make mistakes. I dont see why FHP would feel the need to cite the deputy. The deputy was already involved in a crash, and will be suspended or worse for his actions, not to mention the fear factor of almost killing himself or the citizen. I think that is punishment enough, and I dont think you will see that deputy driving in that mannor through an intersection again. This job 2 sided in every aspect (If you catch the criminal, you get into trouble becuase you may have violated a PGO) (If you dont pursue the criminal the public yells at you becuase you didnt do your job). Was the deputy at fault for the crash (yes), was he acting as a leo trying to take a criminal off the street (yes), will he pay for his actions (yes). The bottom line is most of us have family's to feed, and if you tell me that I will be suspended, or lose my job becuase I try to do my job, then I just wont do my job, and crime will run crazy. I for one was a citzen before I became a cop, and let me tell you if a deputy crashed into one of my family members, I would be very upset at the situation, but I dont think I would try to clean the county out for his mistake, but thats just me. Now you find a cop that is speeding around town 80 mph plus not doing anything or going to a hot call then stroke him all day long. Oh and by the way that other post about CTFUUU was not me.

07-17-2006, 02:35 PM
THAT FHP TROOPER PROBABLY HAD NO CHOICE AND FEELS BAD BUT HAD TO GIVE THE K9 UNIT A TICKET DUE TO BEING TOLD TO DO SO BY HIGHER UP IN THE FOOD CHAIN (PUBLICITY DON'T YOU KNOW). IT SUCKS THE UNIT WILL HAVE TO PAY 118.50 OUT OF HIS POCKET HE'LL JUST HAVE TO WORK AN EXTRA SIG. 15. AS FOR POSIBLE DAYS OFF ...AGIAN ANOTHER EXTRA SIG. 15. AS FAR AS THE CITIZEN SUING THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE ,IT SUCKS THAT THE CITIZEN HAS BEEN GIVEN MONEY TO BE COMPENSATED FOR HIS LOSS AND MAY SUE FOR MORE BUT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS INSURANCE JUST FOR THIS TYPE OF INCIDENT. SHIT LIKE THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO EVERYONE IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER DURING THE COURSE OF OUR CAREERS. OH WELL IT GOES IN YOUR FILE BUT IF YOUR A GOOD DEPUTY (AND I BELIEVE THAT UNIT IS) IT WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR CAREER. LETS JUST BE THANKFUL THERE WERE NO SERIOUS INJURIES TO ANYONE INVOLVED

07-17-2006, 06:22 PM
I just got done reading all the posts and just let me say this. I was on duty and heard the call go out. I heard Petta attempt to stop the car. I heard several other transmissions from him. But the one thing I did not hear until the Sig 4 was a siren in the background. I was also privy to the black box info. I know the speed and it was excessive, especially for that time of the day on US 41. Petta violated some G.O.'s and will probably buy some fishing days for it. We all make decisions every day, some good, some bad, and we must be ready to accept the consequences of those decisions. Unfortunately this Deputy put a Trooper in a position that I'm sure the Trooper did not want to be in. The fact is Petta was trying to do his job and messed up. Not because he was chasing a stolen car, but because he was going Mach 5 through the intersection. Dont bash FHP for doing his job according to the policies they have. We were told a long time ago that if FHP worked our Sig 4's then we could expect to be cited if we were at fault. Hence the reason we work our own Sig 4's.

07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
the main question here is why didn't MSO work the wreck. if it was as stated a "minor" crash with "minor" injuries why was FHP called. It puts everyone involved in a bad situation.
Also FHP no longer has discrection on crashes. They have to write the AT FAULT driver. Or the one they dtermine to be at fault. I would take the ticket to court in full GREEN uniform and see if mr. citizen shows up.

07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Didn't the crash technically end in Sarasota's jurisdiction? So, Sarasota should have had to work it, right? If I am wrong, sorry, just trying to make sense of it all.

CTFUUU
07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Mr. Purple...I see your point, but I think you missed mine. I dont think the citzen crashed into the deputy willingly, but I think he is after more than he should get, but that wasn't even what the post was about. I was simply saying that if we let the criminals know that we can't/wont pursue them in felony situations, then what do you think they will try next??? I dont think anything is worth losing a life over, but do you think the king unit would have chased the suspect if he knew that he would be involved in a s-4 moments later..the answer is no, or he would have at least tried to avoid the collison at that intersection. I do think that he should have crossed the intersection more carefuly then he did, but we all make mistakes. I dont see why FHP would feel the need to cite the deputy. The deputy was already involved in a crash, and will be suspended or worse for his actions, not to mention the fear factor of almost killing himself or the citizen. I think that is punishment enough, and I dont think you will see that deputy driving in that mannor through an intersection again. This job 2 sided in every aspect (If you catch the criminal, you get into trouble becuase you may have violated a PGO) (If you dont pursue the criminal the public yells at you becuase you didnt do your job). Was the deputy at fault for the crash (yes), was he acting as a leo trying to take a criminal off the street (yes), will he pay for his actions (yes). The bottom line is most of us have family's to feed, and if you tell me that I will be suspended, or lose my job becuase I try to do my job, then I just wont do my job, and crime will run crazy. I for one was a citzen before I became a cop, and let me tell you if a deputy crashed into one of my family members, I would be very upset at the situation, but I dont think I would try to clean the county out for his mistake, but thats just me. Now you find a cop that is speeding around town 80 mph plus not doing anything or going to a hot call then stroke him all day long. Oh and by the way that other post about CTFUUU was not me.I don't think you know enough about the pursuit and crash CURIOUS. If you did, you'd probably agree with me. I can say this though....what happened is on the verge of criminal, he's fortunate to have so far, only gotten a ticket!

07-18-2006, 03:51 AM
we all go to work to earn a paycheck. thats it. we have bills and kids to take care of.

why put your life and money at risk for some scum bag?
everyone knows that when there is a 10-31 a tape is pulled. they will find fault somewhere for something almost all of the time. so why do it? do you really care if mr citizen (who tells cops to go f off) gets the car back or if the suspect isarrested?

the answer is nope. just give me my paycheck at the end of the week so i can pay my bills and feed my children.

whats the saying??? your damned if you do and your damned if you dont. so why put yourself at risk as well as innocent people driving down the road.

we all see the videos and how they end. so just think, is me chasing this crackhead going to benefit me? i am going to get a big bonus for catching this guy? i dont think so.

just be safe and go home to your family at the end of shift

07-18-2006, 03:59 AM
I agree with you CtFUUU, I dont have the whole story, and I wasnt aware that FHP didnt have discretion on tickets??? I thought every cop had that ability ??? I am glad nobody got hurt, but it makes me mad to see an honest person get double, or triple jeopardy in this case. stay safe all

07-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Just fyi, the whole wreck was in Sarasota County. The county line is about half a mile North of Gen Spatz.

07-19-2006, 10:43 AM
And that matters why??

07-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Petta was definitly at fault in this crash but his actions were in no way close to or even borderline criminal. ctfuuu has no clue what she is talking about that is why she is no longer in CID because she could not determine what a crime was. As far as the crash we could have worked the crash since it was our pursuit but our policy states that FHP will work crashes we are involved in with possible serious injuries so FHP was called to work the crash by our adminatration. FHP has a policy that was put into effect years ago that states they will issue citations to any leo found at fault in a crash if at while on-duty. The same thing happened to Matt Hall in his crash. But ctfuuu needs to shut her pie hole and quit running her mouth since she has no understanding of how to work a crash or even write a ticket.

07-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Yes, but we all know what "she" is good at dont we :?: :!:

07-20-2006, 04:16 AM
yep the only thing she is good at is pro-creating.

07-20-2006, 08:35 AM
PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND ACCIDENTS HAPPEN THATS WHY THERE CALLED ACCIDENTS. LONG STORY SHORT WE GET PAID VERY LITTLE AND PUT UP WITH A LOT OF CRAP FOR IT. BUT WE ALL ENJOY ARE JOBS TO SOME EXTENT AND IF YOU DONT MAYBE YOU SHOULD START LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ONE. PETTA MAY HAVE MADE A MISTAKE BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT NO ONE WAS SERIOUSLY HURT. HEY WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE NO ONES PERFECT THE MAIN THING IS THAT WE ALL PUT A LID ON IT AND HOPE THE S.O WRAPS THIS UP QUICKLY.

07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I think we killed this topic. Lets wait for the investigation to be completed and move onto another one.

07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
why should the public get tickets and not cops when in fault

07-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Why?? Because the public doesnt have to put up with the constant shit we do thats why!! Next question....

07-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Because the public doesn't get into pursuits. The public doesn't have blue lights to respond to emergencies. We have to make split second decisions and mistakes happen. He got a ticket while in the performance of his duties and that ticket can now effect his personal life - ie, car insurance can go up.

I don't know how many wrecks he has been in, but if he has a pretty clean driving record and then gets hit with this while working, it pretty much sucks.

07-20-2006, 07:32 PM
He has the option of going to traffic school. :lol:

07-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Seems like guest is above the law my thing I seen to many people run red lights in front of you guys and you dont do anything its good to see someone give you guys a ticket be cause you sure dont give anyone else a ticket when they are in front of you

07-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Many times we want to stop someone that just ran a red light, however sometimes we don't have the time. If we are responding to a call, we can not be stopping traffic violators.

Would you want me to stop someone when you are being attacked or there is someone prowling around your home? :o

07-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Let me just say this I have sat at a light and had one of you behind me and a car going least 80 pass me and ran the light and the guy behind me didnt do nothing and I have seen alot of cops run stop signs to but I guess that ok

07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Ok citizen smart ass, Post your Radar Certification certificate on here and then I will believe your baseless statement of "had one of you behind me and a car going least 80 pass me and ran the light". I guess you are an expert in speed measurement as well as knowing where the Deputy is going right??? Give it up and go back to bagging my groceries please. :lol:

07-20-2006, 10:52 PM
must have been you behind me and your a expert in speed right

07-20-2006, 11:28 PM
You are correct MC(donalds) employee :lol: LMAO

07-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Beside, you have no idea what it takes to get a UTC to stand up in traffic court. We just can't ASSUME that a light is red and we just can't guess at a speed. You haven't got a clue.

07-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Wow. I pity all you rookies and all you soon-to-be rookies. There is no more blue wall. There is no more courtesy to your fellow badge. Everyone out there is against you, but now even your teamates are against you.

18 years ago, when I was in an agency up north, and no, this isn't some stupid north-south thing because I've been down here 12 years, but in the older days, if you 1050d someone, even for sig1, and when you walked up to the car, smelled slight 57 and all, and the 1037 was a LEO, you simply nodded and walked back to your squad and drove away. All this "evolution" and all you newbies out there have taken away every bit of the JOB that was worth it at one time. I see no reason for someone to start a career in law enforcement now. Thankfully I only have few years till retirement. Remember, you reap what you sow, and apparently you should never expect courtesy any more.

The new police mentalities suck. 51% of the american population dealt with us last year. You believe that? 20 years ago only the assh**es dealt with us. Now you guys harass every last person you can find, then you do it to each other.

To the FHP trooper: You, sir, are an ass.
To Petta: I hope you have some hooks, find out who is the family of this trooper and have some of your hooks 1050 all of them and cite them.

Then, turn in your badge and work somewhere worthwhile.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Signed,
A veteran that's in the bag and has always been in the bag.

07-21-2006, 08:48 AM
WOW, Now I see why you didn't last in law enforcement.

You are so misinformed on the facts. Now quit waisting our time.

07-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Didn't last? I've lasted for years and I only have a few to go.. "in the bag" means in uniform up north..

CTFUUU
07-21-2006, 10:50 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOo, some of you are so amusing. I have to laugh at you. I can't wait for the investigation to be completed, I'm sure it will be published in the newspaper. Then we'll see why Petta was cited. I will say this though, he made mistakes, careless, egotistical mistakes, it happens. This should be a learning lesson for everyone. No piece of shyt out here is worth your life, career and retirement. Someone said that we make split second decisions out here, that is correct. If you make the right decision you're fine, if you make the wrong decision and tell the truth you, for the most part should be fine, but if you lie, you're fugged! Let that be a lesson to all of you! Oh and by the way, I do pro-create very well, thank you for the compliment!

07-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Why?? Because the public doesnt have to put up with the constant shit we do thats why!! Next question....

So, you think that just because you are COP, you don't have to follow the laws, because you deal with a bunch of sh**?
It's COPS like you that give everyone a bad name.

07-21-2006, 11:13 PM
I read all the posts here, and they are quite amusing. I don't see FHP back-stabbing anyone, he did his job. Petta did his job, and as I have been told, sitting in the TCRB, "Accident's happen." As for Mr. Citizen complaining about red light runners. I'd catch them all day long and write tickets---- if I could. The problem is when we're ready for them to run the lights, most people don't. And then, there are the times I am ready, I am in a position to go after them, but I have to fight the oncoming traffic or go against traffic to catch them. Is it worth my life or someone else's to try to catch a red light runner? I don't think so. People don't hear the sirens anymore. Cars are sound-proofed better, stereos are louder, cellphones are plastered in one ear, make-up is being applied, and the kids are crying in the back seat. Every American is busier and busier in their cars. Petta was busy too. Dispatch wants to know where you are where you're going, how fast, traffic conditions, the weather, blah, blah, blah, blah. Unless another unit is behind you, how are you supposed to be able to work the siren, see the traffic, talk to dispatch, keep an eye on the bad guy, hit your t51 button, shuffle steer, and anticipate that Dr. Love is going to gun it once his light hits green.

07-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey ,"Be serious" get off the Law Officers Board and get back to your pathetic civillian life you have. If you were a Cop you maybe would have a clue!!!! :!:

07-22-2006, 02:32 AM
have you thought I might be a cop to

07-22-2006, 04:06 AM
Hey ,"Be serious" get off the Law Officers Board and get back to your pathetic civillian life you have. If you were a Cop you maybe would have a clue!!!! :!:

GROW UP...........I so hope I pull you over one day when you are in your POV.

07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
"Cars are sound-proofed better," is not true actually.. there was a car or 2 produced in the 70's that was soundproof, but the gov't made laws outlawing it due to safety reasons. Cars are only able to be a certain level of soundproof to be legally sold in the U.S. But yes, I agree that people tend to either ignore sirens more or they are simply too busy.

Getting a ticket from actions taken during a 10-31? Are you F'N kidding me?

For now on I'll just sit under my tree and not give a rats a$$ what happens in this crappy little ghetto that is bradenton. With my luck I'll be dispatched to a confirmed Sig 24 just occured, I'll be behind the amber alert vehicle and watching the kid scream in the back. I'll light him up but he'll take off. So I'll go 10-31 at 110 MPH through the ghetto (I mean bradenton) and stop him. Go 1015. Save the kid. Oh, but then FHP will pull up and give me a speeding ticket. Because of some BS that you're only supposed to go XX MPH above the speed limit. (XX so the civi's don't get ideas.)

07-22-2006, 01:46 PM
When we end up pistol whipping a trooper in uniform after the adreniline ends, will that get us a disbility retirement due to "Job Stress"

07-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Not all cops have the same feelings that you do

07-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Keep in mind, that Troop didn't set the policy. If he didn't follow orders as directed then he is in trouble. Target the agency, not the Trooper!

07-23-2006, 03:26 AM
We are not above the law, but in my opinion its a perk of the position. Every job in america has their specific perks and this is ours so give it a rest, if you dont like the fact that other cops give cops breaks then maybe you should become a cop. I also dont think that an agency FHP or not can demand that a trooper or officer write a ticket.

07-23-2006, 05:39 AM
"Hmm" The problem is MOST Cop's DO have the same oppinion!!

07-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Who was the Trooper? Anyone care to share? ;)

07-23-2006, 04:29 PM
"Hmm" The problem is MOST Cop's DO have the same oppinion!!
YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE, YOU WANNA BE COP THAT FAILED FTO & WAS BEAT UP IN HIGH SCHOOL.

07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Ok, go back and put on those Womens Panties and go hide!!

07-24-2006, 03:09 AM
Hey "MSO is a joke", did somebody give you a ticket or put your sorry pedophile butt in jail for those children photo's you have? What is it that you are so angry with MSO? :lol:

07-24-2006, 09:42 AM
It is not the FHP's fault. Has anyone seen the news lately? FHP has been under some scrutiny from the media and people for mishandling certain crashes. I don't blame FHP trooper for doing his job. If you were the other guy that the deputy crashed into, wouldn't you want something done? Obviously you haven't had your commander call you in because you're in the middle of a civil lawsuit for not doing your job.

On the other hand, tickets are optional. I have done plenty of crashes and not issued any citations. I don't believe on writing cops and doctors tickets either. That is just plain wrong... So, bicker and whine about poor Petta getting a ticket. It might be wrong, or it could be right...

07-26-2006, 10:59 PM
It is sad to issue a utc to another officer doing his duty when you know the CRB will also punish him if found at fault. Citizens that are quick to condem Law Enforcement are usually the first to come crying for help and complain about response times or lack of results on an investigation. When was the last tome a citizen was suspended for several days w/o pay in addition to getting a utc for a traffic infraction? Shame on FHP!!!!! I have known Lt. Dodson for 16 years and I am ashamed of FHP especially after the breaks I have given Troopers over MANY years........not anymore though!!!!!!

07-26-2006, 11:19 PM
have you thought I might be a cop to

If your a cop I'm embarassed for you.

07-27-2006, 12:46 AM
Look, you young guys just need to come to realize that you must not get so excited and worked up over this crap. And what I mean by crap is a stupid s10. Most of them are a stupid freekin w30 deal anyway.
If you see a s10, great for you, but calm the freek down about it. Call it out calmly and stop or slow way down if you come to a freekin redlight. I mean don't you wanna go home at the end of your shift?
And if the stupid thing gets away so the f what. At this point everyone who has attached (every young male deputy working) to you is in or near your area tyring to pick it back up. I don't mean to rag on the young bucks so bad but guys I'm here to tell you the Admin will take your freekin star away if you don't watch yourself. Mark my words, as much as we have been preached to lately about pursuits, they will be making an example out of someone soon. Frankly I'm shocked that it wasn't Petta. Admin does not give a f about us. They either didn't come from patrol or they forgot about when they were here. I don't think the trooper wanted to write a cop a UTC but you know his Admin had to make a command decision and make him. Petta should do what everyone else dose and take the trooper to traffic court if he feels he was not wrong. If the trooper did not see the light was red then ......WHATEVER!

So should FHP make themselves look bad when the public finds out they didn't write an at fault cop a ticket just because Petta was driving with a hard on??? f n grow up children.

07-27-2006, 09:17 PM
So should FHP make themselves look bad when the public finds out they didn't write an at fault cop a ticket just because Petta was driving with a hard on??? f n grow up children.

Actually, I think this is the reason why FHP started writing tickets to cops in the first place. The way I understand it is that they were called to work several patrol car crashes. They did the report for the at fault department and went on their merry way, assuming the department would take care of it internally. A few departments threw FHP under the bus and told the news people and victims that FHP didn't make charges so they wouldn't be handing out any discipline to the officer. After FHP got crucified a couple of times, they decided issuing tickets would be the way to solve the problem. If they wreck their car, they get tickets to, although their policy says if they get a ticket they don't get internal discipline also.

07-28-2006, 03:09 PM
According to Vet-"the young guys need to slow down". He is absolutley correct. It is true that most of signal 10's and other "emergency" calls are only the undesirables playing games with each other. Older FTO's usually point this out to new recruits. It is much more important to go home and enjoy your time off. Do your job well-but keep the calls and the people you are dealing with in perspective.

Rich

07-30-2006, 12:35 PM
This kinda fits this situation. Just take the minute to read the entire message.

Jack took a long look at his speedometer before slowing down: 73 in a 55 zone. Fourth time in as many months. How could a guy get caught so often?

When his car had slowed to 10 miles an hour, Jack pulled over, but only partially. Let the cop worry about the potential traffic hazard. Maybe some other car will tweak his backside with a mirror. The cop was stepping out of his car, the big pad in hand.

Bob? Bob from Church? Jack sunk farther into his trench coat. This was worse than the coming ticket. A cop catching a guy from his own church. A guy who happened to be a little eager to get home after a long day at the office. A guy he was about to play golf with tomorrow.

Jumping out of the car, he approached a man he saw every Sunday, a man he'd never seen in uniform.

"Hi, Bob. Fancy meeting you like this."

"Hello, Jack." No smile.

"Guess you caught me red-handed in a rush to see my wife and kids."

"Yeah, I guess." Bob seemed uncertain. Good.
"I've seen some long days at the office lately. I'm afraid I bent the rules a bit -just this once."

Jack toed at a pebble on the pavement. "Diane said something about roast beef and potatoes tonight. Know what I mean?" "I know what you mean. I also know that you have a reputation in our precinct ." Ouch. This was not going in the right direction. Time to change tactics.

"What'd you clock me at?"

"Seventy. Would you sit back in your car please?"

"Now wait a minute here, Bob. I checked as soon as saw you. I was barely nudging 65." The lie seemed to come easier with every ticket.

"Please, Jack, in the car"

Flustered, Jack hunched himself through the still-open door. Slamming it shut, he stared at the dashboard. He was in no rush to open the window.

The minutes ticked by. Bob scribbled away on the pad.

Why hadn't he asked for a driver's license?

Whatever the reason, it would be a month of Sundays before Jack ever sat near this cop again. A tap on the door jerked his head to the left. There was Bob, a folded paper in hand Jack rolled down the window a mere two inches, just enough room for Bob to pass him the slip.

"Thanks." Jack could not quite keep the sneer out of his voice.

Bob returned to his police car without a word. Jack watched his retreat in the mirror. Jack unfolded the sheet of paper. How much was this one going to cost?

Wait a minute. What was this? Some kind of joke?

Certainly not a ticket. Jack began to read:

"Dear Jack, Once upon a time I had a daughter. She was six when killed by a car. You guessed it- a speeding driver. A fine and three months in jail, and the man was free. Free to hug his daughters, all three of them. I only had one, and I'm going to have to wait until Heaven before I can ever hug her again.

A thousand times I've tried to forgive that man. A thousand times I thought I had. Maybe I did, but I need to do it again. Even now. Pray for me. And be careful, Jack, my son is all I have left."

"Bob"

Jack turned around in time to see Bob's car pull away and head down the road. Jack watched until it disappeared. A full 15 minutes later, he too, pulled away and drove slowly home, praying for forgiveness and hugging a surprised wife and kids when he arrived.

Life is precious. Handle with care. This is an important message; please pass it along to your friends. Drive safely and carefully. Remember, cars are not the only things recalled by their maker.
:?

08-01-2006, 04:19 AM
You guys just need to let it go. Petta knows just like to rest of us the policy of FHP. We all know if they work a wreck, involving us that if we are found at fault. We are gonna get cited. I'm sorry doing 109 mph on US 41 at 7 o'clock in the evening is not doing your job. No matter what you are chasing it does no one anygood if you crash before getting there. The only thing that really matters is that no one was hurt out of it. Cars can be fixed and tickets can be paid, but lives cannot be replaced. Let Petta handle his own battles he's a big boy and leave the troopers alone. We all have to work together at some point or another.

08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Big Papa once again another idiot running their fat mouth is wrong!! "109 MPH"....NOT

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060803/NEWS/608030395/1003/NEWS0102

08-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Again, CTFUU had to add her early, uneducated comments about this topic before the official investigation was completed and the findings were released.

Where are your comments now?

CTFUUU
08-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Again, CTFUU had to add her early, uneducated comments about this topic before the official investigation was completed and the findings were released.

Where are your comments now?First you ***** and say that the paper never get's anything right, now you stand by what they print, as if it were gospel. I must say, you've impressed me while you ride both sides of that fence. I'll stick with what the black box say's, not what was printed on the ticket. If you're truly interested in the "TRUTH", why not go to IA and ask to see the file? It's public record as soon as the investigation is complete. Has it been completed or was that newspaper article the public record the reporter pulled up from the Clerk's Office, quoting the ticket?

08-04-2006, 08:57 PM
And you are going off of the truth? I didn't realize you were privy to all of the information before everyone else. You talk about this black box like you downloaded the data and analyzed it. So this truth you are referring to is the rumor about the black box that you so firmly stand behind. If that "rumor" about going through the intersection at 107 mph was true, don't you think the board with have classified the crash as an extreme violation as per the GOs instead of a serious one? Don't you think he would have gotten time off instead of just a letter if in fact that "rumor" was true?

You seem to have an opinion about everything - which is your right. But, just some advice, why don't you wait for all the information before you publically post your opinion. That way, once you receive all the facts you can post an educated response instead of one based on "rumors" and bad information.

But, you probably won't take that advice because you know everything already.

08-05-2006, 01:20 AM
From the facts I received, CTFUUU was pretty accurate.

CTFUUU
08-05-2006, 01:27 AM
And you are going off of the truth? I didn't realize you were privy to all of the information before everyone else. You talk about this black box like you downloaded the data and analyzed it. So this truth you are referring to is the rumor about the black box that you so firmly stand behind. If that "rumor" about going through the intersection at 107 mph was true, don't you think the board with have classified the crash as an extreme violation as per the GOs instead of a serious one? Don't you think he would have gotten time off instead of just a letter if in fact that "rumor" was true?

You seem to have an opinion about everything - which is your right. But, just some advice, why don't you wait for all the information before you publically post your opinion. That way, once you receive all the facts you can post an educated response instead of one based on "rumors" and bad information.

But, you probably won't take that advice because you know everything already.Well now, couldn't I say the same for you. I stick with my comments, just as you are sticking with yours. Now that TARB is done, I wonder what the pursuit investigation will reveal.

I must say, you do so enjoy bantering with me, just as I do with you. So my advice is...post on brother, I enjoy a good discussion! No harm, no foul, bish on brother :P

08-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Way to screw that up to ctfuuu. The TCRB and pursuit investigation are the same thing. I can't wait until you go back to CID.

CTFUUU
08-06-2006, 01:46 PM
lol, you crack me up...you have to be "so righttttttt"...lol...ok honey calm down :lol:

08-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Isnt time to change your Tampon Ctfuuu???

08-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Hey there anon GUEST, I'll bet you wouldn't say that to her face! :lol: Tampon and all, she would most likely kick your ass!

CTFUUU
08-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Isnt time to change your Tampon Ctfuuu???You're in my cookie as though you own it, let me assure you that you don't. You are humorous though, thinking that you know so much about my personal matters. Maybe that's the problem though, maybe you want to be in my personal matters and I "snubbed" you, awe poor baby.

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

CTFUUU
08-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Hey there anon GUEST, I'll bet you wouldn't say that to her face! :lol: Tampon and all, she would most likely kick your xxxxxx!Of course he wouldn't say that to my face. That's why he sit's behind his anonymous computer screen and types this funny shyt. He knows that he doesn't have enough kahuna's to be known. Everyone knows who I am and that I stand behind what I font. Too bad that most of the people on here don't do the same. Most are scared though, afraid they might lose out on a promotion or position. They would rather hide and squawk, instead standing up and being heard. No wonder this department has the problems it has. Nobody will stand up and speak. They all sit back waiting for someone else to make things better for them. It's a sad shame. Most think that I'm a *****, but if they want something done or said, they have no problem asking me to bring the subject up, because they know I'll do it if it has merit. Too bad this joker hiding behind his anonymous screen names doesn't have the same integrity!

08-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Who says that the anonymous poster is a he????

CTFUUU
08-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Who says that the anonymous poster is a he????You're right, it could be a she. Although, most women don't talk to other women about their tampons, unless it's to discuss the quality of them!

08-09-2006, 02:00 AM
I actually porefer barbed wire tampons if anyone cares to know.

08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
tampa trib says 16 under investigation for buying stolen property,and the two sarasota dep. that resigned are connected.The article also says the "ring" streches from sarasota to pinellas. well we know of 5 total so far. also the paper says they may not be charged under FSS they may get charged under the RICO statue. also a comment about CTFUUU. someone is assuming that it is a female and i dont think it is. go back and read the postings you'll find a comment or two that i believe will show that CTFUUU is a guy. i could be wrong but either way post on CTFUUU you did piss in someones wheaties and it is funny as hell.

08-10-2006, 02:15 AM
100% female :lol:

08-12-2006, 03:43 AM
:wink: MOST OF THE STOLEN VEHICLES ARE DRUG LOANERS, SO LET THEM GO IF HE BECOMES RECKLESS. IF I WAS STRUCK BY A SPEEDING SUV CHASING THIS STOLEN CAR AND MY CHILD WAS WITH ME I WOULD BE PISSED. YOU CAN NOT ENTER A INTERSECTION AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED WHEN THE LIGHT IS RED (COMMON SENSE). JUST THINK REAL HARD, IS THAT POSSIBLE DRUG LOANER WORTH THE DEATH OF A FAMILY THAT YOU WILL KILL WHEN YOU BLAZE THROUGH THAT RED LIGHT? THAT IS SOMETHING YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT. CHANCES ARE THE SUSPECT IF CAUGHT IS OUT ON BOND WITHIN HOURS. THE FAMILY IS DEAD FOREVER. HE WAS WRONG AND THE CORRECT ACTION WAS TAKEN.

08-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I totally agree

08-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Now that this thing is over we can comment on it. Petta was wrong he did not follow policy or good decision making. I was on scene and the FHP Sgt. did not want to cite Petta. The policy came all the way from Tallahassee to cite if at fault. If you want to hate then you need to call FHP management in Tallahassee do not take it out on local troopers who had nothing to do with the policy. They have to do their jobs and follow their policy even if they personnally may not agree with it. By the way 100+ mph after a sig 10 on US41 at that time of day. What experienced LEO would agree with that decision making. Law enforcement is all about one thing, the ability to make good decisions rapidly under pressure and stress while your adrenalin is pumping. In this case he let it get the best of him. I dont know one guy in LE that has not made a bad decision during their career. The test for Petta is did he learn from his mistake and will it make him a better officer in the future. I think so, and we are all greatful that the citizen or Petta were not killed. A milisecond difference in the positioning of the vehicles could have been fatal. Petta your a good cop with great potential but remember its all about good decisions.

CTFUUU
08-24-2006, 12:42 AM
AMEN!!!!

09-21-2006, 07:31 AM
We are not above the law, but in my opinion its a perk of the position. Every job in america has their specific perks and this is ours so give it a rest, if you dont like the fact that other cops give cops breaks then maybe you should become a cop. I also dont think that an agency FHP or not can demand that a trooper or officer write a ticket.
i crashed me car into a fixed object and got a utc from FHP.

when the BRAT was after Trp. C.M. I was patrolling her 42 every night I worked.

life goes on people. lets just try to do the right thing if we can.
lets get the big blue wall repaired.

09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I love it when cops fight with each other...great professionalism.

I also love when cops think it's ok to kill someone by running a red light to stop a s10. Not worth it.

I really love it when one gives another one a ticket...priceless.

09-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Iheard Petta's ticket was thrown out in court? Anyone talk to him to confirm?

11-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Give it up FHP. You make your rules for others and not yourself.

Before everyone starts condemning the FHP Trooper for doing their job as directed to do, get the file and see all the facts. The most important fact was Petta's speed. From what I was told about the speed at the time of the crash and I'm not going to give out his speed on this board (pulled from the black box) but it was VERY excessive. The other driver had the green and never heard the siren because Petta was "overdriving his siren". The other driver was lucky he or she didn't enter the intersection 1 second sooner. If he/she did then they may have been t-boned by Petta. Then FHP most likely would have been working a THI.

As much as we all want to do our jobs, we have to restrain ourselves. We all take risks in doing our jobs well, but we cannot be reckless with our actions. Remember your family and mine drive these roads everyday.

11-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Holy crap, i want the same kind of car Petta had. If he was "over driving his siren" he was going the speed of sound and i agree, that is to fast for the road.

Let it go people.