PDA

View Full Version : Dunk in '08

07-09-2006, 11:59 PM
More to come. I promise.

07-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Slam Dunk in '08!!! :lol: :mrgreen:

A lot of it obviously depends on what happens between now and election-time. We have to see the line-up of the horses. We also don't know if Balkwill is going to run again. If Balkwill decides to run again, then he will be unstoppable because he has the advantage of an encumbant and he now has a lot of political connections in the community -- lots of deeeeeeep roots. I will NEVER forget what Hardcastle said: "I don't need you (the employees) to like me to win. All I need is for the voters to like me." If Balkwill runs again, then Dunk obviously won't run, but if Balkwill doesn't run, then we are going to see a scramble for power. I dread all the power plays that might come. If an insider runs, then we will see another meltdown within the agency, but if only outsiders run, then I don't see any internal meltdowns (fortunately).

We need healing within the department, whether it's under Balkwill or Dunklee. The last election really hurt us, due to all the allegations of politics. :(

More to come!!!

07-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Dunk has my vote in '08 if he runs, but I think that you're jumping the gun by posting this stuff because it's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early!!!! :shock:

But the thought is good. :mrgreen:

07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
If Balkwill doesn't run, then we are going to see a scramble for power. I dread all the power plays that might come. If an insider runs, then we will see another meltdown within the agency, but if only outsiders run, then I don't see any internal meltdowns (fortunately).

We need healing within the department, whether it's under Balkwill or Dunklee. The last election really hurt us, due to all the allegations of politics. :(Dude, I gotta disagree with you on that one. Did you see today's newspaper article on Terry Lewis (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060711/BREAKING/60711010) being hired as the new NPPD chief? If TL decides to run for sheriff in 2008, then the SSO is going to have another internal meltdown because TL already has so many of his boys strategically placed inside the SSO in supervisory positions. All TL has to do is snap his fingers and they'll come running. There will be a lot of divided loyalties. Look at Cpt. MP... he was loyal to TL, but when TL left, then he became loyal to LD, but if TL throws his hat in the ring, then who will MP be loyal to? It probably depends on how many years he has in the FRS. How about Cpt. KK??? There are lots of other examples. If TL runs, we could see a really bad internal meltdown of divided loyalties.

I wish we could just skip over the next election in 2008. :x

07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
No doubt in my mind he will run for sheriff. He has left to go to the FDLE, Highlands, and now NP. He is getting closer. Just what we need, more of the same old bull schizit!

07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
No doubt in my mind he will run for sheriff. He has left to go to the FDLE, Highlands, and now NP. He is getting closer. Just what we need, more of the same old bull schizit!I know!!! I can't believe that TL is back in Sarasota County!!!! He'sssssssssss baaaaaaaack!!! :roll:

I've already made a couple of phone calls and I've been told that TL is not running for sheriff, but all I can say to that is bullchit. He went to FDLE and he wasn't loyal to them and he quit to go to work for Highlands County. TL wasn't loyal to Highlands County either and he quit to go to work for North Port PD, but he won't be loyal to NPPD either and he'll use them as a stepping stone to run for sheriff of Sarasota County. If you look at TL's track record, this stuff is very obvious. The writing is on the wall.

Dam!!!! :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

06-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Hardcastle was right!

A lot of it obviously depends on what happens between now and election-time. We have to see the line-up of the horses. We also don't know if Balkwill is going to run again. If Balkwill decides to run again, then he will be unstoppable because he has the advantage of an encumbant and he now has a lot of political connections in the community -- lots of deeeeeeep roots. I will NEVER forget what Hardcastle said: "I don't need you (the employees) to like me to win. All I need is for the voters to like me." If Balkwill runs again, then Dunk obviously won't run, but if Balkwill doesn't run, then we are going to see a scramble for power. I dread all the power plays that might come. If an insider runs, then we will see another meltdown within the agency, but if only outsiders run, then I don't see any internal meltdowns (fortunately).

We need healing within the department, whether it's under Balkwill or Dunklee. The last election really hurt us, due to all the allegations of politics. :(

More to come!!![/quote]