PDA

View Full Version : Senior C.O. Inspector

07-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I see that they posted an opening for a Senior Correctional Officer Inspector at Charlotte CI. Last day to file was 7/7/06. Is that a good job?

07-08-2006, 04:29 PM
That depends. Not the last one, but the one previous had a stated goal of firing as many staff as possible. So if you like that have at. Also they have burned through 2 of them in a year.

07-08-2006, 06:50 PM
That depends. Not the last one, but the one previous had a stated goal of firing as many staff as possible. So if you like that have at. Also they have burned through 2 of them in a year.

You will have almost no friends in this job and it brings out the worst in people. I have seen a few good people ruined by this job. The ones that leave to other positions have to be retrained on how to deal with people.

07-11-2006, 11:49 PM
It's not a popularity contest. The goal is honesty and integrity, not to have staff fired...only the dishonest, thieves, etc., fired or arrested - whether they be inmates, probationers, or staff. Only the honest should apply and you should like to catch bad guys. Pretty simple. Crooks hate you. Good. Like how we got Crosby and his pals? Lots of fun.

07-12-2006, 01:05 AM
It's not a popularity contest. The goal is honesty and integrity, not to have staff fired...only the dishonest, thieves, etc., fired or arrested - whether they be inmates, probationers, or staff. Only the honest should apply and you should like to catch bad guys. Pretty simple. Crooks hate you. Good. Like how we got Crosby and his pals? Lots of fun.

That is true but an overzelous inspector can ruin people's lives if he doesn't use good discretion. Many of these investigations are in grey areas especially when it comes to uses of force in a prison. You will see some inspectors that are more pro inmate than officer when using his discretion. If you want an anology look at the Duke rape case SA behavior - we have inspectors like that also and they are despised by almost all.

07-12-2006, 11:35 PM

That is true but an overzelous inspector can ruin people's lives if he doesn't use good discretion. Many of these investigations are in grey areas especially when it comes to uses of force in a prison. You will see some inspectors that are more pro inmate than officer when using his discretion. If you want an anology look at the Duke rape case SA behavior - we have inspectors like that also and they are despised by almost all.

The IG can only charge when the facts show cause to do so. Same as the police. Should police stop ruining the the lives of criminals? Do police make mistakes? Sure. But they also catch a lot of criminals. Do you think inspectors don't know who the real bad guys are? The IG clears far more CO's than they charge. What does that say? - Sharky

07-13-2006, 01:33 AM

The IG can only charge when the facts show cause to do so. Same as the police. Should police stop ruining the the lives of criminals? Do police make mistakes? Sure. But they also catch a lot of criminals. Do you think inspectors don't know who the real bad guys are? The IG clears far more CO's than they charge. What does that say? - Sharky

The DA charged in the Duke rape case with all kinds of evidence disputing the accuser and only her word backing her story and nothing else even when her story changed several times. I have seen Officers charged due to overzelous inspector reports . They were cleared later, but it was not right to be investigated just because an inspector was on a power trip and took the word of inmates over Officers.

07-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Interviews were concluded for the Senior Inspector yesterday. Does anybody know who is getting the job?

07-27-2006, 10:12 PM
You are getting the position.
congratuations.
How many people interviewed?

08-03-2006, 03:14 PM
I got it! I got it! I got it!

08-03-2006, 11:29 PM
I'd congratulate you but you failed to use your name. I'll wait until tomorrow to learn your name when they announce it in the compass.

08-04-2006, 04:55 PM
I'd congratulate you but you failed to use your name. I'll wait until tomorrow to learn your name when they announce it in the compass.

I applied for the Senior Inspector position, but I do not work for DC, or receive the compass. When it is announced who got the job, can someone please post it on here? Thanks

08-06-2006, 02:13 PM
ANY WORD YET ON WHO GOT IT?

08-07-2006, 01:45 AM
It might have been a C/O Sgt. from Hillsboro County

08-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Did they pick yet?

08-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Did they pick anybody for Charlotte County Correctional Institution in Punta Gorda for Senior Inspector yet? Interviews were done a by the last week in July.

08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Did they pick anybody for Charlotte County Correctional Institution in Punta Gorda for Senior Inspector yet? Interviews were done a by the last week in July.

Does anybody know?

08-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Does anyone know if someone was selected yet for Senior Inspector, Charlotte CI???

08-13-2006, 04:55 PM

??????????????????

08-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know if someone was selected yet for Senior Inspector, Charlotte CI???

The posting was on People First, and was open to any certified C/O or LEO. I applied, and would just like to know if someone was selected, and if they were already working for DOC. Thanks

08-14-2006, 09:23 PM

The posting was on People First, and was open to any certified C/O or LEO. I applied, and would just like to know if someone was selected, and if they were already working for DOC. Thanks

Nothing was in the Compass yet.

08-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks

08-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Did they post who got it yet?

08-20-2006, 03:09 AM
any word yet on who got it?

08-20-2006, 03:11 AM
sorry, they picked a guy named Mr. Ben Over......better luck next time

08-22-2006, 03:05 PM
sorry, they picked a guy named Mr. Ben Over......better luck next time

All I asked was who got the job. Why can't someone just give an answer that it was a C/O or an outsider? You don't have to post names. There must be some mature adults who post on this site other than myself.

08-24-2006, 02:17 PM
[quote="you did not get it":f64ka40c]sorry, they picked a guy named Mr. Ben Over......better luck next time

All I asked was who got the job. Why can't someone just give an answer that it was a C/O or an outsider? You don't have to post names. There must be some mature adults who post on this site other than myself.[/quote:f64ka40c]

09-01-2006, 02:45 PM

Was anyone selected yet for Senior Inspector, Charlotte CI?

09-02-2006, 02:03 PM

Does ANYONE know?

09-05-2006, 04:16 PM

Does ANYONE know?

?

09-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Now, that is a reasonable question. Was the job filled, and was it by a DC employee?

09-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Now, that is a reasonable question. Was the job filled, and was it by a DC employee?

Never saw the promotion or appointment posted. Is there a screen that shows these positions?

09-13-2006, 03:46 AM

Never saw the promotion or appointment posted. Is there a screen that shows these positions?

The original job opening was posted on the people first website.