PDA

View Full Version : What gives us the right?

07-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Why would another Officer say to me what gives us the right to think that we are Lawenforcement?

07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Why would another Officer say to me what gives us the right to think that we are Lawenforcement?

Tell him Florida Statutes do.

07-08-2006, 01:34 PM
We are not law enforcement regardless of what statute states. We are not trained to be COPS nor equiped to be COPS. WE ARE NOT COPS!

It seem's that we were headed that way a few years ago but that has fallen to the wayside also. Just putting it out there.

07-08-2006, 03:29 PM
We are not law enforcement regardless of what statute states. We are not trained to be COPS nor equiped to be COPS. WE ARE NOT COPS!

It seem's that we were headed that way a few years ago but that has fallen to the wayside also. Just putting it out there.

Just go buy yourself a retired police sedan and ride around and PC offenders ( dont even try to convince them to come into the office first ) and that way you can really feel more like a cop RoboCop. If you did all your PC arrests and Warrant arrests in the field on your caseload you might rival some cop arrest figures for that day. I doubt they will authorize you to equip your car to do your own transport however.

07-08-2006, 04:05 PM

Just go buy yourself a retired police sedan and ride around and PC offenders ( dont even try to convince them to come into the office first ) and that way you can really feel more like a cop RoboCop. If you did all your PC arrests and Warrant arrests in the field on your caseload you might rival some cop arrest figures for that day. I doubt they will authorize you to equip your car to do your own transport however.

The real skinny is that the Governor wanted to know why we were sitting on our hands during the storms. He thought cross training would qualify us to sit in the rain directing traffic thus being more productive.

Ok I am sick of the LEO thing. We are LEO's but not COPS. We have our duties which first and foremost is the protection of the public. Correctional officers are als0 LEOS but not cops. LEO does not mean cop!!!!

Our mission is to sueprvise and enforce conditions of supervision. We also have a respionsibility to assist the offenders when we can with the resources we have available. Is assisting a drug addict with rehabilitation by being supportive and moniotoring via HPS, FPS,TX's, and drug testing not ensuring public safety? Is that not a LEO function? It is also a SOCIAL WORK function. All the above not only assist the offender and his/her family but also ensures public safety by either violating if not compliant or stopping crime if they are.

Stop with the COP Shit...We are LEO's but not COPS. You have to learn your role in the CJ system to understand it. Some people have become so confused with the arrest role, equipment we carry and the 0 tolerance that they have forgotten we have more than one hat.

OUR MISSION IS TO ENSURE PUBLIC SAFETY. THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED NOT ONLY BY ARRESTING EVERYONE BUT ALSO HELPING THOSE THAT WANT HELP.

07-08-2006, 04:14 PM

The real skinny is that the Governor wanted to know why we were sitting on our hands during the storms. He thought cross training would qualify us to sit in the rain directing traffic thus being more productive.

Ok I am sick of the LEO thing. We are LEO's but not COPS. We have our duties which first and foremost is the protection of the public. Correctional officers are als0 LEOS but not cops. LEO does not mean cop!!!!

Our mission is to sueprvise and enforce conditions of supervision. We also have a respionsibility to assist the offenders when we can with the resources we have available. Is assisting a drug addict with rehabilitation by being supportive and moniotoring via HPS, FPS,TX's, and drug testing not ensuring public safety? Is that not a LEO function? It is also a SOCIAL WORK function. All the above not only assist the offender and his/her family but also ensures public safety by either violating if not compliant or stopping crime if they are.

Stop with the COP Shit...We are LEO's but not COPS. You have to learn your role in the CJ system to understand it. Some people have become so confused with the arrest role, equipment we carry and the 0 tolerance that they have forgotten we have more than one hat.

OUR MISSION IS TO ENSURE PUBLIC SAFETY. THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED NOT ONLY BY ARRESTING EVERYONE BUT ALSO HELPING THOSE THAT WANT HELP.

Great Points

07-08-2006, 05:49 PM
i worked for you all for about 3 yrs and now i am a police office boy am i glad and loving the job not to mention my salary. it is nice for once to be able to buy what i want and get a head. ok back to the issue after being a cpo and now working as a cop the job is night and day. i have a hard time reflecting back and ever thinking that i was a leo as a cpo, sorry folks that the way it is. :lol:

07-08-2006, 06:18 PM
LEO'S-CO'S-CPO'S- WHO KNOWS BUT THE DOCTOR KNOWS. GIVE HER A CALL AT LOWELL. LISTEN TO HER ABOUT HOW MUCH FUN SHE'S HAVING BEING THE "WARDEN". TRY TO CONGRATULATE HER WITH A STRAIGHT FACE. AND ASK HER:

"DO YOU REALLY THINK ANY OF US BELIEVE YOU WENT THERE ON YOUR OWN?" :lol:

07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
i worked for you all for about 3 yrs and now i am a police office boy am i glad and loving the job not to mention my salary. it is nice for once to be able to buy what i want and get a head. ok back to the issue after being a cpo and now working as a cop the job is night and day. i have a hard time reflecting back and ever thinking that i was a leo as a cpo, sorry folks that the way it is. :lol:

Good if you are doing what you like. We are screwed right now on pay just like the highway patrol due to the state but I wish these want to be cops would just go and be cops and stop crying we dont get issued arrest vehicles etc. LEO agencies will hire PO's in a second, What is stopping them from leaving is what I want to know. I like being a PO because you can have a low profile unlike a cop and people dont act differently around you usually but that is just me. To each their own.