PDA

View Full Version : State Comp. Preperation?

Veteran
07-06-2006, 07:03 AM
So hopefully this will get some people on here talking. What post are you with and how did your post prepare for state competition? How did your post do in the competition? How was the training beneficial to you and the post and what was not so helpful? How far in advance did you start special training sessions specifically for the competition team members?

B Plante
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Well, I'm with Holly Hill Post 435, and generally we prepare for competition starting in January, which is when all of our meetings consist of scenarios. We did fairly well, I think we took home 17th overall. The training is generally beneficial, because the advisors try to come up with some crazy scenarios, generally harder than what we expect at state, so we're prepared for what's to come. I think that our post could do a little better if we worked on forms a little more, that is one of our weakest points. Generally our meeting time goes from 2 hours to 3 in April to give the team more time for scenarios, and the week before, we meet every day for 3 hours to prepare.