PDA

View Full Version : Deputy wins big in Law Enforcement Olympics

News Flash
07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Deputy wins big in Law Enforcement Olympics
Chris McConnell won three gold medals in the 110-meter high hurdles, the long jump, the 400-meter relay, and he also took a silver medal for the high jump.Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060705/COMMUNITY/607050487/1464/NEWS0101) for the full story.

07-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Way to go Chris !!!!!!!!!!!!

07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
On Wednesday, July 5, 2006, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune published an article on Deputy Chris McConnell's winning in the Law Enforcement Games. This was not released by the Sarasota Sheriff's Office because we don't know what the final results are. But congratulations Chris!

I want all of the men and women of the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office to know how proud we are of all who participated in the Law Enforcement Games and congratulations to those who won medals. As many of you know we have won Division II for 11 straight years and I do believe we will win this year. Although the Sarasota Herald Tribune, Ch 6, 7, 8, 10, 13 have already announced that we will be hosting the Florida Law Enforcement & Fire Games in 2006 & 2007, Acting Major Forbis has asked for everyone's name and medals won by July 11, 2006 so that we can schedule a group picture with the trophy. I look forward to the next two years in what our fine men and women will do at the games.

07-07-2006, 12:09 PM
The story being accessed has been removed.
Thanks,
Editors of heraldtribune.com
webmaster @heraldtribune.comI read the original newspaper story and saw the photo of Sheriff Bill Balkwill shaking Deputy Chris McConnell's hand, but now the story has been pulled down off the net by the Tribune!!! The medals that McConnell were real, but Just because the information wasn't "officially released" by the sheriff's office, Balkwill has enough juice to have the newspaper pull the article down from off the net??? Wow!!!! Balkwill now owns the newspaper!!!! Watch out!!! Sheriff Bill Balkwill owns this town!!! :shock: