PDA

View Full Version : City Council Meetng 7/6/07

07-02-2006, 03:39 AM
I will be speaking at this meeting concerning the increase in drug dealers in certain areas around So St.Pete. Does anyone have any facts for me to throw around?

07-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Heres a real good start: why is it the vice unit doesn't work weekends? Sends a real message when we don't work the busiest part of the week in terms of drug usage/purchasing don't ya think?

Why is it:
the Department, when an officer becomes highly active in making street-officer related drug arrests in certain blighted areas he is moved out of the action ?

Why is it:
a certain city administrator is supposed to be informed - by our agency only (as he is angry over the SO's drug arrests made in the city without his notification) about warrant service of any drug warrants?

just a thought

07-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Would any former SPPD officers still in the area also go to this meeting with names, dates, pictures? Wouldn't this help?

07-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Heres a real good start: why is it the vice unit doesn't work weekends? Sends a real message when we don't work the busiest part of the week in terms of drug usage/purchasing don't ya think?

Why is it:
the Department, when an officer becomes highly active in making street-officer related drug arrests in certain blighted areas he is moved out of the action ?

Why is it:
a certain city administrator is supposed to be informed - by our agency only (as he is angry over the SO's drug arrests made in the city without his notification) about warrant service of any drug warrants?

just a thought

Thanks V-Man!

Any others? If you post it, I will purse it. We must get this city cleaned up!

07-03-2006, 12:34 PM
V&N does work weekends or any hour of the day when their INVESTIGATION needs it. The complaint of them not working weekends comes from people who have never been in the unit and don,t understand an INVESTIGATION. And from guys who hate working weekends themselves.

The point about a certain City Administrator being advised of search warrants ahead of time is false. However, the same City Administrator has stated numerous times that until there is economic development on the southside people will sell drugs. Until that kind of attitude is removed from our City Government, we will never make any progress. You might ask that City Administrator to explain this attitude towards drug dealers and then demand his resignation.

The things most needed are more Cops and Detectives, and leadership from Sergeant to Chief that support the troops who are out there making arrests. Making alot of dope arrests in this department will get you nothing but trouble.

07-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Here is a person who seems to want to go to bat for SPPD officers and citizens of St Pete.
Where is the support?
I think if all off duty officers and large numbers of citizens go to this council meeting and demand change they will have to listen. I do not see how they can fire or punish a large number of officers. If things are that bad in the police department then do not stand by and let it go on one more day. Do something!!

CompanyClerk
07-03-2006, 06:07 PM
To:
Unhappy Citizen &
A St Pete Citizen,

Unhappy says he is going before the council meeting, where his name, address will go on public record...

A SP Cit asks why aren't the officers giving support...?

If Unhappy is willing to show him/herself at a council meeting, then why not here instead of all the secrets? If he/her and A SP Cit are just that; Citizens, then why not tell us who you are?

The officers on this board are correct in thinking that those they don't know or those that remain in the shadows could very well be the ones opposing them.

I don't believe you have the right to ask someone or anyone to stand beside you in a battle when you will not identify yourself.

Gladiator
07-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Both sides of the above arguments are correct. Any officer who has ever taken a public stance has been blackballed and targeted. The powers to be are like scared rabid animals. They refuse to see any view of their actions except their own. Any critisism is therefore considered a direct attack on them and they take it personal.

As for the citizens, just like the officers there are a few exceptions, but unless something directly affects them it is out of sight/out of mind. Even then their interest is short lived.

07-04-2006, 03:31 AM
To:
Unhappy Citizen &
A St Pete Citizen,

Unhappy says he is going before the council meeting, where his name, address will go on public record...

A SP Cit asks why aren't the officers giving support...?

If Unhappy is willing to show him/herself at a council meeting, then why not here instead of all the secrets? If he/her and A SP Cit are just that; Citizens, then why not tell us who you are?

The officers on this board are correct in thinking that those they don't know or those that remain in the shadows could very well be the ones opposing them.

I don't believe you have the right to ask someone or anyone to stand beside you in a battle when you will not identify yourself.

The reason you gentlemen do not use your sir name on this site is the freedom to speak freely without fear of repercussions. I understand that! I also want to enjoy that same anonymity. I have not asked anyone to disclose any personal information.

As I am sure you are aware, with discussing anything that is displayed on this website at a council meeting, I will be mowed over in a public forum. However, I am willing to give it a go for hope that others will join me!

From a small acorn grows a giant tree!

07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Here is the oppoertunity to help a citizen get the ball rolling. Come on, chime in with those actual/factual crime numbers. How about the low patrol officer count?

07-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Unhappy citizen ~ You don't seem to understand that your constables will be put on the rack for allowing (huss~huss , sweep it under the rug).... info to be leaked.

Concerning :Patrol staffing levels

Clue #1
Everyday Officers sign in on a Check on sheet
Each and every squad, every district, every zone...
Every single day.
Thus ~ There are Written records of Patrol attendance.

Clue #2
Patrol sign on sheets are those officers responding to 911 calls and patrolling your area. They Check on & Check off. Detectives, Accident vans, CPO's Etc ~ don't count........
Patrol are the men and ladies that are the ones out in the weather protecting you and your family. The rest seem to be able to change their schedule whenever a crisis looms

Clue # 3
Florida Sunshine Laws.

Recommendations:
Get your ducks in a row.
Request information. IE: A months worth of copies of a certain forementioned piece of paper.
No doubt that the City will
#1 tell you that you need to go to court to get those records
#2 charge you an arm & a leg for copies of same.

HINT
It will be worth It.

YOU'LL NEVER ever feel comfortable AGAIn ~

Sleep tight ~ don't let the bed bugs bite

07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Actually, Tony, the City can't delay and make you go to court to get the documents if:

You properly identify the document so they can't claim it is difficult to find it or it doesn't exist as requested and

they can't charge an arm and a leg for the copies-they can only charge reasonable copying fees. Even if one can't afford the copies, they must let you see (inspect) the document.

The important thing is to IDENTIFY the document. Use the name on the title of the document for example.

BTW-if one has to file suit to get documents:

The case is expedited on the Court Calender (i.e. will be heard in a few days)

the loser (losing party) pays not only costs for the other side (prevailing party) but pays reasonable attorney fees, too.

That's why the SPT files so many suits for access to Public Records if there's any delay at all.