PDA

View Full Version : The good, the bad and the ugly

07-02-2006, 12:46 AM
The Good : 1. An easy job that a chimp could do with a week of training (a short week that is). 2.Decent pay and benefits (thank God its not by production or most, including myself, would starve). 3. Good conditions (nice cool and dry terminal with some quality eye candy). 4. Good people (yes, including some common sense supervisors) that really want to make things better but can't (fear of a career ending Chief meltdown).

The Bad : Mother Authority Math ( Police = Security Guards ) "Unit ### could you be 10-51 to the transfer level west info kiosk for signal 52 (lost property) bag of kids coloring books and crayons.... Unit ### could you now be 10-51 to the first aid room, we have a 50 year old white female complaining of a rash on her upper leg that she wants checked out... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEATTENTION ALL UNITS STATUS SEVEN IS NOW IN EFFECT!!!!!!!!!(For all of you non high speed airport law enforcement types, a status seven is basically a PRIORITY ONE response traffic jam on a one way street that happens at least twice a day, EVERY day. (A.K.A. Airport Felony)

The Ugly : My grasp of the English language, the rash on the upper leg of a 50 year old woman and individuals with over inflated egos and incompetence that run the good people off to other agencies and perpetuate the image of the Airport Police as nothing more than an agency of "wannabe cops" or security guards. (If you read this and it bothers you, chances are you may fit in one of the latter two categories. Get some cream and a clue!!)

07-02-2006, 01:57 AM
I thought you tossed common sense out the window when you signed on?

Remember to drive Lt. P around and if need be fetch him lunch. You WILL be officer of the year next year.

If you want a promotion, CIU, or K9, then turn in your resignation and reaply when there is an opening. You will get your choice of any of those within the first year or two. You can only have them if you are new.

You can be 100 and still be a cop here, even if you know nothing about the job and have no clue as to how to be a good supervisor. If you are over 60 its a good bet that EVERYONE is waiting to throw you a retirement party.

Why have we been hiring all the worst dispatchers and get rid of all the best?

What does the k9 Sgt do exactly? Just curious?

Why do some supervisors get to sleep but the officers can't?

Why is are some squads run like an animal farm dictatorship and other's like a libertarian amersterdam?

Still can't get that puke taste out of my mouth.