PDA

View Full Version : MR SECRETARY WERE YOU KIDDING?

06-29-2006, 11:16 AM
http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBX9104ZOE.html

"TAMPA - When James McDonough took over as the state's new prisons chief in February, the corrections system was being rocked by scandal, and he didn't know what to expect.

McDonough feared possible disorder and contacted the Florida National Guard to see whether it could step in if needed, McDonough said Tuesday. ..."

I take issue with the Secretary's position on how to restore order. Call in the National Guard. What is a weekend warrior going to do? A 19 year old with no training or experience is going to take over a job many of us professionals have done for years. The Secretary needs a reality check. If he even considered using the national guard to perform corrections or
probation fucntions he has no concept no matter what people say. We are not an liberated army that needs to be trained. It will make a great line for the next book about how he heroically took over the Florida DOC and trained them. His next letter will have Vietnam, Somalia, and DOC all in the same context. Make us look bad so that he looks like a genius?? I don't think so.

Just me or are others offended by his attitude???

06-29-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBX9104ZOE.html

"TAMPA - When James McDonough took over as the state's new prisons chief in February, the corrections system was being rocked by scandal, and he didn't know what to expect.

McDonough feared possible disorder and contacted the Florida National Guard to see whether it could step in if needed, McDonough said Tuesday. ..."

I take issue with the Secretary's position on how to restore order. Call in the National Guard. What is a weekend warrior going to do? A 19 year old with no training or experience is going to take over a job many of us professionals have done for years. The Secretary needs a reality check. If he even considered using the national guard to perform corrections or
probation fucntions he has no concept no matter what people say. We are not an liberated army that needs to be trained. It will make a great line for the next book about how he heroically took over the Florida DOC and trained them. His next letter will have Vietnam, Somalia, and DOC all in the same context. Make us look bad so that he looks like a genius?? I don't think so.

Just me or are others offended by his attitude???

This secretary doesn't have a clue about Corrections. He will be gone when Jeb leaves, so hopefully he doesnt do any more stupid things before that....

06-29-2006, 06:45 PM
:( As long as we have supervisors, DCAs, and CAs, someone will do something 'stupid' and make the world SEE how dumb our administrators really are!

06-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think you should feel so confident that he will be gone w/the next election. There's an excellent chance that Charlie Crist will be our next Governor & he may very well want to keep our military leader in charge. Keep your fingers crossed that I'm wrong because he's managed to take what little morale that was left out the back door w/the prison guards and their steroids.

06-29-2006, 11:19 PM
I am very offended by this secretary. I was offended from the beginning when he talked about the soldier who stole the coke and said if he wasnt stopped it could lead to rape and murder. The prison side had some criminals working, but we all aren't criminals and we all shouldnt be treated like criminals or unprofessinal. I dont need this man to tell me its unprofessional to cuss, or be considered in the same way as the softball players. I dont play softball, didnt know any of those criminals and was embarrassed by them.

06-30-2006, 12:05 AM
You can't punish everybody because a few act up. You can't have 100% compliance. You can't be a leader if you don't have the guts to admit that you are wrong and fix your mistake.

06-30-2006, 12:26 AM
You can't punish everybody because a few act up. You can't have 100% compliance. You can't be a leader if you don't have the guts to admit that you are wrong and fix your mistake.

Good point....