PDA

View Full Version : PBA Wins Big

06-29-2006, 02:28 AM
The Florida PBA was declared the winner in the final tally for the State Law Enforcement Officers Bargaining Unit election held today in Tallahassee. Officers chose the PBA over IUPA by a decisive 2-1 margin, which will be officially certified by the Public Employees Relations Commission (PERC) in 15 days.

We appreciate everyone's participation in this election and we look forward to working with all of you in the very near future.

1122 Ballots for PBA.

07-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Reminder to all that the shortcomings in Troopers' salaries and benefits came from 27 years of wretched representation by the PBA. Actions speak louder than words and that is why echos from the past are still present today. Troopers need to keep the fire under PBA's butt to keep them honest and working for the Troopers. Look at some of the quotes from current leaders within the PBA who referred to IUPA as "The Troopers' Union", like it was a bad thing. It will take some time to tell how they will perform but my advice would be to watch your wallets and don't start writing checks on empty promises. Separation was a ploy to get your votes. Let's see how much clout they have now that they have to put up. Troopers not only need a separate bargaining unit, they also need a separate bargaining contract. A separate unit that is included in a master contract that includes all the others might be in the works. The clock is ticking.

05-04-2007, 05:13 PM
I pray that the troopers aren't in for another 27 years of meaningless and insignificant representation by those bums at the Florida PBA. After all though...the SLEO's wanted the jerks back so bad they ought not be too surprised when they lose the benefits IUPA gained for them.
Same Old PBA...SLEO's will never learn...
I hope those Tomato Troopers in Lake City are having a Coke and Moon Pie with Nate and discussing just how much better off they are than they were last year...fools.

Hey, maybe the PBA can get you all a NASCAR logo put on your patrol car...now THERE is a benefit that will feed the kids! Maybe they can get you a pierced ear to go with that mustache they gave you in 1979? What a bunch of losers and you begged for them to return!
Idiots. :roll: