PDA

View Full Version : More BEI Info.

06-29-2006, 10:14 PM
I cannot comment on the BEI agent from Jacksonville, because as of right now I have only heard rumor without any substantiation.

As far as FPP not being chosen for BEI I believe your information is incorrect. It is ABSOLUTELY FALSE that FPP officers are not being taken into BEI because some candidates lack UC experience. The reality is that applicants with investigative experience are chosen over someone without experience. I know, I know, "How am I supposed to get investigative experience if they don't accept me into the unit?"

Simple, interact with your investigators and regulatory personnel. Learn the FAC's that investigators deal with every day; IE: 62-701 Solid Waste; 62-711 Waste Tires; 62-730 Hazardous Waste and 62-312 Dredge and Fill. The more you communicate with these people the more you will learn the jargon. Jump at opportunities to interview people and take written or recorded statements. Interact with the local P.D., S.O. and code enforcement. Take any interview or investigative courses you can lay your hands on. Make the argument to your commanders that by honing your investigative skills you will be a better patrol officer.

Now, when you go in for your interview you will "connect" with the panel and sound like an experienced investigator.

07-01-2006, 03:29 AM
Oh please. Get real. I have a better suggestion...wear a skirt and be a BEI Supervisor's buddy. That way no matter how illiterate or un-certified you are you'll get the job over even experienced Park Patrol officers.

07-02-2006, 03:41 AM
Sorry I wasted my time. I now realize you are just here to gripe and could care less about how to actually get into investigations. Next time I will see with more "clarity." This will be my last post on this topic.

07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Isn't it funny? Whenever one of us points out management’s hypocrisy in hiring, promotions and discipline, one of their their butt-kissers accuses us of just wanting to gripe or of not being team players. Or they tell us to go find jobs somewhere else. Anything to change the subject, shift the blame, and avoid admitting their own hypocrisy. You’re right Clarity. You are wasting your time if you think you guys can keep fooling us with different variations of the same stupid song and dance routine.