PDA

View Full Version : MANPOWER

06-27-2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/25/North ... y_ch.shtml (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/25/Northpinellas/Battle_over_county_ch.shtml)

All this talk about Tarpon Springs PD, when it should be about Clearwater PD. I would welcome a safer working environment even if it came at the cost of contracting out to PCSO.

Clearwater’s inability to safely allocate manpower and the inability to fairly/equally handle its employees has risen to dangerous levels. There is a reason why politicians have term limits - WE NEED CHANGE!

06-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Finally someone brought up manpower. Last week, St. Pete’s union representatives tried to step up and protect their officers by addressing their low manpower problem. Our manpower problem is worse then St. Pete’s but our union leaders say it’s not a union issue. Since when isn’t officer safety a union issue????

06-27-2006, 11:18 PM
This is an ongoing issue from each department. The problem here, is that no one cares about ours. Until someone gets hurt, (And that probably won't matter) nothing is going to change. There is simple solutions to our, but the CHief has got his hard on for Community Policing and his head is so far in the sand, he could care less. The decisions are being made by a Deputy CHief and Captain and it isn't working. The officer's here work there asses off and all they get in return are micro managing staf members who care more about what we are doing on our computers and not turning in reports on time. Don't be concerned about 3 officers on the road for a shift, be more concerned about instructing Sgt's to audit computers. All we can do is be there for each other and hope one of the cities these guys have applications in for taken them away from here. Good luck to us and be safe

07-11-2006, 03:09 AM
Some people may say that your union leaders have sold their hearts to the devil - for their own personal gain, self-serving agendas and to protect friends who commit criminal acts. You be the judge.

Labor (manpower) is a union issue.

Enough with the toys and colorful cars; you know who I mean. To solve our labor issues/concerns would not a hard fix - it would mean breaking down walls surrounding those labor rich kingdoms. There would be some self-sacrifice imposed on a few - a change their perceived lavish life-style.

We need to lay down our egos and come together as a family – and fix this labor (manpower) problem before a costly mistake forces change.

Conflict can create opportunity. Do we have any opportunists out there who want to get this ball rolling? I have heard some great concepts and ideas out their. Let us make it happen….

09-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Two more detectives made = two less officers on the street....just what we need!

09-09-2006, 03:21 AM
No big loss MR didn't take many calls.

09-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah well, some officers work as hard as three or four lazy officers, like CW who is sorely missed. This new position is a joke though - human trafficing?
The real issue here is community policing. Cut the specialties and get these guys back on the road!!
1 last thing- show up at the FOP meetings and bring it up there (instead of complaining here.) :mrgreen:

09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm sure CW took his work ethic to CID. Still MR does not take calls, sad, very sad.

09-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Another two spots in DB and none on the road. Thats cool. When will the papers find out about CPD putting 2 officers out per shift? Man I hope no one gets hurt. That will be the only wake up call for this place. And for MR=CPD golden child (AKA WASTE). But hey MR will be our future SGT. MR will be another one added to the list that dont know what they are going on the road.