PDA

View Full Version : WORKING ON THE ROAD

06-27-2006, 04:31 AM
DO YOU HAVE TO WORK IN THE JAIL BEFORE THE ROAD

06-27-2006, 06:15 AM
That depends. If you have no college education or prior training and experience as a road officer then YES you have to work the road first.

Check out our web site for specific details on employment opportunities and requirments.

www.colliersheriff.org (http://www.colliersheriff.org)

towncop
08-01-2006, 06:05 AM
I've got 8 years on as a road officer. I have been told by some that if I'm accepted into the lateral program as a road deputy, I can be told at the last minute after beginning orientation that I'll go to the jail. Is this true or just a rumor? I'd hate to head that way and end up in the jail.

08-01-2006, 05:48 PM
If you are processed and hired on as a road deputy, then that is what you will do. The only time you are pulled from the road and put into the jail is if you suck as a road cop and you have to be dual certified. If you are not dual certified then they can not put you in the jail.

If you have 8 years experience as a road cop then you have nothing to worry about and WELCOME. I look forward to working with you and we can use the help. :)

09-13-2006, 02:59 AM
I see that this thread has more hits than any other. If anyone who is looking to work for CCSO and want to learn more about the pay and schedule then please look at the thread titled “Pay?”. Some of our agency members took their time to document very well the benefits of not only working the road but the same pay applies to working in our jail…parity pay!

If you do not meet the road requirements then please think about starting your career with us in the jail. The pay is the same. The retirement benefits are the same and you will eventually be dual certified, thereby, increasing your experience and opportunity for over time. The sooner you start your career with CCSO, the sooner you can stop looking for another job!

Good luck!

09-13-2006, 03:43 AM
I see that this thread has more hits than any other. If anyone who is looking to work for CCSO and want to learn more about the pay and schedule then please look at the thread titled “Pay?”. Some of our agency members took their time to document very well the benefits of not only working the road but the same pay applies to working in our jail…parity pay!

If you do not meet the road requirements then please think about starting your career with us in the jail. The pay is the same. The retirement benefits are the same and you will eventually be dual certified, thereby, increasing your experience and opportunity for over time. The sooner you start your career with CCSO, the sooner you can stop looking for another job!

Good luck!

Is there an upper age limit to being hired as a deputy sheriff?

09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
No age limit that I know of. As long as you can pass all the tests you will be hired. :wink: