PDA

View Full Version : Manipulating crime stats for Sarasota County

06-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I ain't gonna name names cause I ain't a rat, but...

We got word from our supervisors that all thefts from carports will now be downgraded from felony burglaries to misdemeanor thefts, even though the state statute says that it's a felony burglary. We all know that its an attempt to manipulate our STARCRAP numbers to make us look better because if crime isn't going down (all the time), then we're not doing our jobs, right? :roll:

So now we can say that our felony crime rate continues to decline when, in fact, its nothing more then a manipulation of the crime statistics. WTF is this place coming to???!!! :twisted:

Remember reading about the arrests and firings of deputies on Florida's east coast for this kind of crap??? :roll:

Now instead of counting whole beans, we're slicing and dicing our beans to manipulate the numbers. In this case, we're glueing beans together to give us smaller numbers. Is that one crime or two??? Well, if we glue those two beans together, then it counts as one crime. :shock:

Manipulating the crime stats to make it look like crime is dropping is not the answer folks!!!! :evil:

Or does it even matter anymore??? :?

06-24-2006, 08:21 PM
As much as I like an opportunity to bash star crap, I think thispolicy is due to our useless sao. They refuse to prosecute those types of crimes as burglaries.

As someone put it before: The sarasota SAO would downgrade a Sodomy charge to a citation for follwing to close....

06-25-2006, 12:46 AM
As much as I like an opportunity to bash star crap, I think thispolicy is due to our useless sao. They refuse to prosecute those types of crimes as burglaries.

As someone put it before: The sarasota SAO would downgrade a Sodomy charge to a citation for follwing to close....To make an arrest, all a cop needs is PC. But for the SAO to proceed forward to trial, they need proof beyond a reasonable doubt and there are technical questions that have to be adequately answered for a case to rise to this level. The SAO is bound by these technicalities. Period.

Would you make an arrest based on reasonable suspicion??? Nope!!! The SAO will not proceed forward unless a case rises to proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Many citizens don't understand the difference between reasonable suspicion and probable cause. Cops know the difference because we are trained to know the difference. Unfortunately, many cops don't understand the difference between probably cause and proof beyond a reasonable doubt. SAO attorneys are trained to know the difference.

If a cop makes an arrest based on reasonable suspicion, then his arse is in hot water. If a SAO attorney proceeds forward on a case with probable cause, but without proof beyond a reasonalbe doubt, then his arse is in hot water.

Cops hands are tied to certain standards. SAO attorneys hands are tied to certain standards.

That's the system!!!!

06-25-2006, 01:32 AM
You need to stop stressing the small stuff. When I go home. I could care less abouthtat crap and then I see most likely someone I know one their off time stressing over this stupi stuff. Geez bro just read this stuff and then go take your family. Who cares about that stuff.

06-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Stop looking for conspiracies in everything and you will probably live longer and not be labled a nut case.