PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Quits after woman steals his SUV

06-23-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... /606230310 (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060623/NEWS/606230310)

06-25-2006, 03:50 AM
The power BOOTY!!

06-27-2006, 12:20 AM
the local paper states this was a baliff are they less trained or is this the same as a deputy sheriff?

06-27-2006, 12:56 AM
the local paper states this was a baliff are they less trained or is this the same as a deputy sheriff?They receive the same initial training, but many of them never get "street experience" because they've never worked as street cops. We have at least three different kinds of deputy sheriffs (I know it's confusing to citizens): Bailiffs: provide court security.[/*:m:1iqf9rzz]
Correctional Officers: provide jail security and handle inmates.[/*:m:1iqf9rzz]
Street cops: perform traditional law enforcement.[/*:m:1iqf9rzz]The street cops get a lot of unusual "street experience" that can't be bought and you can't get it by working in a jail or by working as a bailiff in a courthouse. All three jobs are important and all three jobs are very different from eachother. So to answer your question, no, being a bailiff isn't the same as being a street cop, even though they are both deputies. Confused yet? :mrgreen:

06-27-2006, 12:13 PM
thank you, so basically the other two c.o. and baliff are not the folks i see on the street enforcing the laws. i think maybe they need the real deputies watching the bad guy do you agree? :idea:

06-27-2006, 12:56 PM
REAL DEPUTIES???? as compared to what...fake deputies!?!?!? :twisted:

06-27-2006, 01:15 PM
well there is a big difference dont you think, not knocking but the public relates a deputy as the one that they see on the street not a court baliff or jailer.

06-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Anyone talk to him and ask why he quit? He had nothing bad on his record. He maybe would have gotten a big suspension, but still have a job. Unless it is embarassment. I know a few that have let 1015's Sig 6 out of their patrol car. But they didnt steal it. Guess we will never know.

06-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Anyone talk to him and ask why he quit? He had nothing bad on his record. He maybe would have gotten a big suspension, but still have a job. Unless it is embarassment. I know a few that have let 1015's Sig 6 out of their patrol car. But they didnt steal it. Guess we will never know.Yes, I know exactly why he left, but for the sake of our department, I'm not going to divulge that information for all to read on this public forum. Some things are better left unsaid. :oops: Trust me on that one.

06-28-2006, 05:08 AM
This is yet another reason why only road ready deputy sheriff's should be working a detail. Their is a reason every division has different color brass, silver, gold, etc.. I'm sure correction's get plenty of overtime in the jail, therefore they dont have a need to work an outside detail not to mention they only have arrest power in the jail. So why should a baliff who conducts courtroom security be working off duty in a hospital. I think some policy revisions are a little over due.

06-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Anyone talk to him and ask why he quit? He had nothing bad on his record. He maybe would have gotten a big suspension, but still have a job. Unless it is embarassment. I know a few that have let 1015's Sig 6 out of their patrol car. But they didnt steal it. Guess we will never know.Yes, I know exactly why he left, but for the sake of our department, I'm not going to divulge that information for all to read on this public forum. Some things are better left unsaid. :oops: Trust me on that one.It's all over the news now and there is a capias against him for filing a false police report. Cat's out of the bag.

06-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Jailers have arrest powers as it relates to their duties. They have arrest powers in the hosp, on transport etc if it is apart of their lawfull duties.

Who is better at securing a building? Someone that does it all day long (jailer, bailiff) or some one that doesnt(patrol)?

Patrol has let plenty of people run. Some have even gotten away. Climb down off of your high horse for a minute. The altitude is damaging your brain cells.

06-29-2006, 01:04 AM
That booty right there done cost him a fortune!

Reason he couldn't catch her was he had to put his pants on.

06-29-2006, 01:21 AM
Jailers have arrest powers as it relates to their duties. They have arrest powers in the hosp, on transport etc if it is apart of their lawfull duties.

Who is better at securing a building? Someone that does it all day long (jailer, bailiff) or some one that doesnt(patrol)?

Patrol has let plenty of people run. Some have even gotten away. Climb down off of your high horse for a minute. The altitude is damaging your brain cells.

Talk about getting off a high horse. I have been both CO & LE Deputy. There is a huge difference in job function and duties. CO's do a great job at what they are doing. Keeping inmates safe and sound on the inside of a secured facility. Patrol does a great job of keeping those who are not in a secured facility form getting away. I would expect that a Court Deputy would be able to keep a prisoner secure in a hospital room. But we may not have all the facts either. I don't think we should start pointing finders at classifications of deputies and blaming all of them for the problems caused by one. IA & CIB should figure out what the problem was and then policy and training should be able to make sure it does not happen again.

06-29-2006, 01:42 AM
IA & CIB should figure out what the problem was and then policy and training should be able to make sure it does not happen again.Ahhhhhh yes, another policy will fix it!!! :lol: Every general order that we have is because of a f*ck up that someone committed. :shock: It's gotten to the point that our general order book is now BIGGER then a phone book (No, I'm NOT kidding!!!)!!! Doh!!!! :shock:

And we're required to memorize it because we can be held responsible for not knowing about all the past f*ck ups? :?

Fortunately, as long as we use common sense, we won't get "written up" for any old violation -- unless they are after your arse!!! :cry:

06-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I might read the GO book if they would list the screw up, then list the GO that spawned from it.

06-29-2006, 11:11 PM
I might read the GO book if they would list the screw up, then list the GO that spawned from it.LOL :lol:

You're right -- if we could know the screw-up behind the G.O., it would definately make for good reading. However, instead of the G.O. being bigger than a phone book, we would have to put it on CD!!! :shock: