PDA

View Full Version : Can we possibly win in this climate?

06-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Brothers and sisters in green - can we possibly win in this climate? Take a look at the latest offering at TBO.com and tell me that the City of Tampa will say "NO!" I doubt it.

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBDIH4ONOE.html#content

Both the PD and the FD Chiefs in Tampa are asking for more personnel. In the city of St. Petersburg, there has been "0" effective growth in both of our departments. Carillon is busting at the seams. We've got a brand new Heavy Rescue Truck that's about to go into service at No. 4 station on 4th Street - but it will have to sit for lack of manpower. Tampa's Fire Chief is asking for additional personnel so as to staff his engine's at 4 (that's 4 Firefighters seated on the apparatus as opposed to 4 on paper)! The NFPA standard for Ladder Company staffing is 4 to 5 depending on the urban area, and here in St. Petersburg 'we' regularly run with 2 to 3 and we haven't even broached the fact that we don't 'even' compete in the pension arena - http://usvsthem.homestead.com/Politics.html

Hey Council - are ya listening?

Are you going to continue to allow your Police Chief to be the fall guy for low manning numbers? Cuz he says we don't need more Police Officers doesn't mean it's so! It's so convenient to allow him to take the shots, while you direct citizens concerns to him alone. If your Police Chief isn't going to ask for additional personnel - do you really think that your Fire & Rescue service stands a chance? At some future date, you've all got to man-up and direct this Mayor to stop chipping away at our budgets and start properly paying for public safety services in this city!

Because he fancies himself in the Governor's mansion one day, doesn't mean that the only road to it is jumping over Dollar bills to pick up pennies!

Did I mention the new $3.5 Million Fireboat? http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBZCI4ONOE.html#content

Reporting from your city surrounded on three sides by water - with an undersized boat for water rescue...

I am truly,

FD Bro'

Still working towards a contract like the 'other' guys have got - 840 days and counting!

06-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Sometning that you'll never see here...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/6/21/164971.html

06-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Thas becawz youz don deserve nuttin you nasty ckrakerz!!!! Now me gots ta Go. Me gots more werk ta do!

Respectfully Submitted

Deputy Mayor Go Davis III

06-25-2006, 04:24 AM
I understand that you've had some folks leave recently on the FD side of the house. We almost never hear of such things from you guys.

I guess that even if your department magagement is acceptable, there's always city hall to suck the life out of you!

06-26-2006, 06:21 AM
"I understand that you've had some folks leave recently on the FD side of the house. We almost never hear of such things from you guys."

We've had five Brothers and Sisters leave in the past few weeks. Two of them left the "A" shift - No. 6 fire house, this past Friday. Word has it that we've got a couple more that are working out the details of leaving! I've never seen people leave this job until they've had 25 or 30 years on. It's sucks to see career service public safety professionals working hand and hand with their city hall's in other communities - knowing the 'thought' of it doesn't even occur in this city.

One of the most recent defections came from a Paramedic at No. 6, who is not old enough to retire and draw a pension. He bought back some years from the city and moved on to St. Pete Beach FD.

He'll work fewer calls per shift!

He'll realize a 3.40% multiplier!

He'll leave with a C-O-L-A!

He'll work in an appreciative environment!

At least our Brothers and Sisters in Green have got a COLA!

We PAID an economist to work some numbers for the pension proposals that we've been shoving in front of the Mayor's beak. We had the numbers back in short order. Short order was back in early February! The city wouldn't even consider working the proposal for us until we informed them that 'we' paid to have it done. Apparently they wouldn't get off of their dead asses until 'we' were forced to produce the numbers - ultimately resulting in a distrust on the city's part, of 'our' numbers, so we've had to wait an additional 4 months for the city to produce their own numbers. We're getting the idea that they're not done hatching 'their' version, yet.

Why another year with the city riding on 'our' backs?

Why is it that that which is most obvious, is the least recognized as another source of continued trouble for this city?

Because of the nail, the shoe was lost.
Because of the shoe, the horse was lost
Because of the horse, the rider was lost
Because of the rider, the battle was lost
Because of the battle, the kingdom was lost
And all because of a horseshoe nail!

FD Bro'
Continuing our 845 day sojourn with the hope that Council will give us the time of day!

06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Damn dude... it looks like your ship's got some holes in it.

It might need a few NAILS!

Whatya gonna do? Blue flu like Clearwater? They're a mess!

Topo Gigio

06-29-2006, 07:33 AM
For all of the hell they've been through by a city who's thrown them under the bus on more than one occasion, they've finally triumphed. Take a look at what just hit the wire...

I.A.F.F. LOCAL 1158 PREVAILS!

http://www.iaff1158.org/ulp62706.pdf

There's a lesson to be learned by all of you CITY FATHERS who try your best to keep your heel on the neck of LABOR!

The Brothers and Sisters in Clearwater are good in my book. They've just paid it forward for all the rest of us.

UNION STRONG - UNION PROUD!

FD Bro'