PDA

View Full Version : please help me with this

06-20-2006, 12:55 AM
if we do not have a max salary how much money can a cpo make prior to retirement? if i retire with 30 yr as a cpo what can i expect to make 4 thous over a new hire. i currently dont see why someone would stay here if you can never obtain a high salary with seniority. if you throw all of the other non sense things like no state vehicles no allowances and no o/t just explain to me why someone would stay here if they can actually make money with numerous other crim agencies. :idea:

06-20-2006, 01:30 AM
I think your question is actually the ANSWER to just why sooo many officers are giving up on DC and getting OUT!

06-20-2006, 02:03 AM
if we do not have a max salary how much money can a cpo make prior to retirement? if i retire with 30 yr as a cpo what can i expect to make 4 thous over a new hire. i currently dont see why someone would stay here if you can never obtain a high salary with seniority. if you throw all of the other non sense things like no state vehicles no allowances and no o/t just explain to me why someone would stay here if they can actually make money with numerous other crim agencies. :idea:

some just dont want shift work and others dont want to be uniformed I guess but a lot of the younger ones are leaving because of the pay issue. We have a lot of really senior people and a lot of newbies and not much in between.

06-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Once you're old enough, it's too late to go anywhere.

06-20-2006, 07:07 PM

06-20-2006, 09:57 PM

06-20-2006, 11:11 PM