PDA

View Full Version : job question

06-18-2006, 01:35 PM
what are the promotional opportunities that your agency have in the probation services area. i would also like to know what the salary increase is for each advancement.

06-18-2006, 03:01 PM
what are the promotional opportunities that your agency have in the probation services area. i would also like to know what the salary increase is for each advancement.

You get no large advance pay basically unless you become a DCA or higher. They are only giving 5% for the initial promotions now. Are you just trying to be funny, that has been mentioned here many times?

06-18-2006, 03:33 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Oh c'mon, can't you be more original than asking that same old question again? You post the same nonsense every week, and it's getting a little old. Why don't you take a break for a few days and come up with something new and refreshing? Or better yet, why don't you leave and be the true LEO stud you think you were meant to be?

06-19-2006, 01:44 PM
got ya :lol:

06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Missed ya, FL Gal. :wink:

06-20-2006, 12:49 AM
me too i miss her bad attitude its a polk county thing i guess. :lol:

06-20-2006, 07:04 PM

06-20-2006, 09:52 PM

06-20-2006, 11:14 PM

06-25-2006, 06:10 PM
we have no promotional opportunites nor do we get o/t. we have to use our own car to do field work for the state. we have to buy our own firearm and all of the stuff that goes with it. we also have to buy doc shirts that we wear during state time. this is a low grade job with no bright future to make money or ever get ahead. we also have no longivity pay or step pay plan. this place is not pretty if you know what i mean.

06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Truth is that the job is a real low. Other than being able to make your own work schedule there is nothing in this job worth sticking around for. Most that have been here for awhile just invested to much time and can't leave because of finances. Go elsewhere, go elsewhere.

mystikwarrior
06-25-2006, 11:20 PM
What a bunch of whiners. No wonder DOC has so many problems.

we have to use our own car to do field work for the state
For which you are reimbursed. Sure the amount is lower than it should be, but we'll work on that. Then again, maybe we just push for state vehicles. Then you can drive to the office, change cars for your day's work, then drive back to the office to get your own car to go back home. Can't take the state car home. Unless you want to pay $.40 a mile for the privilege. We'll get you all Toyota Prius 'ecologically correct' cars. No AC because that wastes fuel. No CD player either, as you're supposed to concentrate on your job, not music.
Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get. And then some.

we have to buy our own firearm and all of the stuff that goes with it
Does the job description require that you carry? If it doesn't, don't whine about the cost of something that is totally voluntary.

we also have to buy doc shirts that we wear during state time
Need a tissue to cry in? I see 7-11 workers making $6 an hour for 30 hours a week who are required to buy their own company-logo shirts to wear.

this is a low grade job with no bright future to make money or ever get ahead
Curious how many of your cases have jobs that pay more and have a better future? Heck, odds are they're the people I see at 7-11 struggling to make ends meet and eating dried cat food so they can pay their supervision fee this month so your whiny runt-a** won't violate them.

06-25-2006, 11:24 PM
weight it out

take home car
better pay
o/t
details
uniform allowance
shoe allowance
longivity pay
step pay
promotions that pay
true rank
special units
leo training
better budgets
back-up
fun job/exciting
you get to use your training
a real career

well compare it with what we have

06-25-2006, 11:28 PM
if you read that earlier post these are the people that stay here. they think driving their own car is the way to go. my friend has a take home car and he takes it home and uses it off duty. he also makes money unlike me and is able to get ahead unlike me.

Merlin
06-25-2006, 11:54 PM
What a bunch of whiners. No wonder DOC has so many problems.

No offense to anyone, but I wouldn't make a judgement about DOC in general based on the comments on this forum.

06-26-2006, 12:01 AM
No one, and I mean absolutely no one, is putting a gun to your head (no matter who paid for that gun) to keep you here. Again, same stupid-ass posts going over the same stupid-ass topic over and over and over and over. And again, most likely posted by the same person.

What I simply will never understand as long as I walk this earth, is why you (or anyone) stays here if you hate it so much. If I hated this job as much as most of the people who post here I would probably put a gun (remember, doesn't matter who paid for that gun) to my own head. And get blood on my DOC shirt I paid for with my own money. And I'd do it in my own vehicle I have to use for my job. And hell, while I'm at it, let me do it on state time so someone has to write a lame report about the incident. And not get overtime for their effort. And have a boring time doing it. By themselves with no backup.

Did I cover everything that sucks ass about this job?

06-26-2006, 12:44 AM
no i hate my crappy office and unprofessioanl staff and out dated equiptment :lol:

06-26-2006, 12:53 AM
and i hate this stinking board!!

06-26-2006, 12:56 AM
I am tired of the people who keep saying to leave if you dont like the conditions. If everyone was like you then we would be making 25,000 a year instead of what we do. Lets stop pointing out the bad things on pay, mileage etc. so the state will ignore us even more and give us a bonus check of 1,200 or whatever it was a few years ago instead of a raise so the next year it will truly only be one raise while inflation is still going.

06-26-2006, 11:56 PM
There's a very big difference between those of us who are unhappy over certain condition and then TAKE NECESSARY STEPS TO EFFECT POSITIVE CHANGE vs most of the crybabies on this board who ***** and moan about how this job sucks, I had to buy my own gun, I get no training, my friend the cop makes more, yada yada yada. (ok, long sentence, I know).

No job is perfect. This one certainly isn't. But again. Life is life, and if you're THIS unhappy at this job, then leave. It really is simple. Those of us who choose to stay do so for their own reasons, whether it be schedule, benefits, social workers, whatever. But to continually come here and post the same post over and over using different names "grad" "job seeker" is simply stupid. Oh, and I love the job ads from police agencies, apparently directed at those who have no skills to do their own job search of openings. What's that all about?

I'd rather engage in active posts that discuss changes that can be made, not sit and whine because I had to buy my own gun (which no one said you had to) or buy my own shirts (which no one said you had to) or how lame this job is.The only thing lame is the people who stay and complain about being here without taking the necessary steps to leave. Can't imagine getting a casefile from them. Ugh.

06-27-2006, 12:11 AM
i stay because i cannot be a real cop (failed fto) and this is the closest i will ever get. i realize it is very far from the real thing and it motivates me to one day again try and be a real cop.

06-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Problem with the crybabies is that they're frustrated they can't be real LEOS. They can't pass the polygraph, or the FBAT, or do the 12 min. run, and since they never bought their own firearm, they can't pass the range. So they're miserable in their world and come on this website looking to make as many people misearble as they can. As for me, I don't work weekends, holidays, or graveyard. If I want to make more money, I'll get a PT job.

p.s. FLGAL will you marry me?

06-27-2006, 02:33 AM
She won't, but I will---but only if you get a better job.

06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
yes my bread winner will not be a cpo that makes under 40 k when he has 14 yrs , come on show me the money plus i want a cop :P

06-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh, I get it now. You guys aren't "wannabees" or "wantabees" or whatever the hell it is you call yourselves. You're GROUPIES, in love with the law enforcement career & power trip, but not willing or able to be one yourselves.

Now all your posts make perfect sense.

06-27-2006, 10:25 PM
hi sweetie

08-05-2006, 07:20 AM
funny ringtones

08-05-2006, 10:52 AM
hey grad go and get a real crim job this place is hurting i mean hurting. we have your basic state worker but with a wantabee cop twist. the pay is bad and you have to use your own personal equiptmetn to do the job. we dont get o/t and we have no step pay plan or longivity pay. if you work here you can have 10 plus years and still make under 40 grand. this is a ok job if you are waiting for the real thing in plan on getting out in under 2yrs other wise stay away.