PDA

View Full Version : MEDICAL CLEARANCE

06-18-2006, 01:20 PM
What is your procedure when dealing with an injured prisoner in your County ?

I worked in Miami-Dade County where they had WARD-D which was a godsend compared to Broward County's F-ed up way of dealing with injured prisoners.

If you see this post on other departments sites its only because I need some more idea's. I plan on submitting idea's to Jeb Bush.

06-18-2006, 02:58 PM
You don't provide enough details to answer the question.

Do you mean a prisoner who was injured while being taken into custody or a prisoner who was injured while in custody?

Do you mean while in custody before being jailed, or after being jailed?

These are entirely different situations.

06-19-2006, 03:23 PM
A guy that is under arrest and was either injured by the police or had a previous injury before being accepted into the jail. When the jail refuses your prisoner due to their injuries. Where do you take them from there ?

Any ordinary E.R. or does your county have a separate medical wing in a major hospital specifically for prisoners ?

Miami-Dade County Has Ward-D which is a hospital just for prisoners and no one has to intermindle with the general public. In Broward County there is no specific hospital to go to. You go to any ER and in most cases wait in the waiting room just like any other shmoe with your dirt bag prisoner which can take house. Then after waiting 3 hours your prisoner gets a band-aid and a Dr.'s note. Now BSO jail is ready to accept your prisoners with the 3 year old existing injury. See what I'm getting at ?

06-20-2006, 02:43 AM
"In Broward County there is no specific hospital to go to. You go to any ER and in most cases wait in the waiting room just like any other shmoe with your dirt bag prisoner which can take hours. Then after waiting 3 hours your prisoner gets a band-aid and a Dr.'s note. Now BSO jail is ready to accept your prisoners with the 3 year old existing injury."

Change Broward to Hillsborough and BSO to HCSO. Thats your answer.