PDA

View Full Version : Who will the new Major of the Region??

06-16-2006, 03:04 AM
Any comments on who will get that lucky position?

06-16-2006, 03:28 AM
nope

06-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Are you kidding? The Col.'s brother lives in Vencie and is a major. That's part of the reason they had to get rid of Tharpe his brother wanted that position so he could come home. The Governor really needs to step up and see this for what it is. A blind man can see that this fireing is not justified nor the demotion of the Venice captain.

06-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Is this related to the trooper that could not safely operate her
crusier?

06-16-2006, 11:43 PM
AND...........Who will be the next one to write a cop

06-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Any comments on who will get that lucky position? :twisted:

06-25-2006, 12:42 PM
This might be a clue.

Last month FHP spokesman Lt. Doug Dodson told us there was nothing wrong with the diagram. But since that interview, Fox 13 has learned a high ranking member of the FHP isn't comfortable anymore. We obtained e-mail sent by Dodson's boss, Troop F Commander Rebecca Tharpe to FHP headquarters in Tallahassee.

Just days after Fox 13 aired a story about the diagram, Major Tharpe's e-mail message sent to Major Ernesto Duarte in Tallahassee asks, "Should we change the policy to draw scale diagrams?"

Major Tharpe also suggests that the case deserves a second look writing, "I would like to have Steve Ashburn review the case

The History of the
Florida Highway Patrol
Troop F
In January 1955, Troop F was formed and Bradenton was designated Troop F Headquarters. The first FHP training school was held in Bradenton on November 5, 1939. Troop F formed the first FHP Auxiliary Unit in the State.

The first troop commander was Captain M. G. Britt and followed by Captains J. W. Jourdan, F. M. Thomas, J. T. Prater, Jake Raulerson, A. E. Hambacher, L. D. Brady, Gregory G. Dodson, Majors Paul B. Taylor, and Ronald D. Getman

06-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I think Major MacCarter of Troop E will be the one to take-over Troop-F as Bradenton is his hometown. He is Senior to Col. Knight's little brother. Tom Knight would be-a-shoe-in for Troop-E since he served there as a Lieutenant and knows the area quite well.

Though I am afraid that since this would make sence it would never happen.

07-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Babecca2. You mentioned J.T.Prater in your post. Did you know him personally?. Recently while remembering some of the old days I thought of then Lt. Prater. I was a traffic officer on the T.P.D. and had many pleasant encounters on duty with Lt. Prater. He was a fine Officer who called it as he saw it. I wondered what ever happened to him. I even wrote e-mail to F.H.P. they replied that they knew nothing of him. This was in the early to mid 1950s that I knew him.

08-11-2008, 09:42 PM
How is Major M doing over there in Bradenton? Are the Troops happy?

08-14-2008, 04:20 AM
bump

08-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Troop F is da best

08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
"Chuck"]Babecca2. You mentioned J.T.Prater in your post. Did you know him personally?. Recently while remembering some of the old days I thought of then Lt. Prater. I was a traffic officer on the T.P.D. and had many pleasant encounters on duty with Lt. Prater. He was a fine Officer who called it as he saw it. I wondered what ever happened to him. I even wrote e-mail to F.H.P. they replied that they knew nothing of him. This was in the early to mid 1950s that I knew him.[/quote]

Lt. Jim Prater, became Captain J. T. Prater, Troop Commander, Troop G. Palatka. I had the honor and pleasure to serve under his command when I first came on the Patrol in 1964. He retired in 1965 or 1965. After he retired he went to work for the paper mill in security. He has since expired.

Jim Church
Former Trooper

12-27-2010, 02:25 AM
"Chuck"]Babecca2. You mentioned J.T.Prater in your post. Did you know him personally?. Recently while remembering some of the old days I thought of then Lt. Prater. I was a traffic officer on the T.P.D. and had many pleasant encounters on duty with Lt. Prater. He was a fine Officer who called it as he saw it. I wondered what ever happened to him. I even wrote e-mail to F.H.P. they replied that they knew nothing of him. This was in the early to mid 1950s that I knew him.

Lt. Jim Prater, became Captain J. T. Prater, Troop Commander, Troop G. Palatka. I had the honor and pleasure to serve under his command when I first came on the Patrol in 1964. He retired in 1965 or 1965. After he retired he went to work for the paper mill in security. He has since expired.

Jim Church
Former Trooper[/quote]

Bringing this one back from the dead just to Just bumping the taser posts

12-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Are you kidding? The Col.'s brother lives in Vencie and is a major. That's part of the reason they had to get rid of Tharpe his brother wanted that position so he could come home. The Governor really needs to step up and see this for what it is. A blind man can see that this fireing is not justified nor the demotion of the Venice captain.

It may well be if you take in his last seven years as Captain. :|

06-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Jim Prater was my great uncle and was the finest man I had the honor of knowing.