PDA

View Full Version : Thats not right!!

06-15-2006, 06:51 AM
I saw today that a certain TANGO unit who had "RETIRED" last December is now going to come back next week.

The problem I have is that she is forcing her replacement out of his position, she gets to keep her rank and pay, her replacement has to give up his car and laser to her and he has to go back as a regular tango unit.

I don't get it, how can she return after being gone for 6 months just like she never left. Does anyone know how many GOOD deputies have attempted to come back only to be told they had to start all over again.

I could understand if she was a decent investigator but she SUCKS as does her people skills. (Kind of like her boss)

I wonder just what the real story is that she can come back like she never left. What a slap in the face to all the others who deserved coming back and was told no...go figure.

Can anyone conform or deny please or elaberate on the real story behind this poor decision. :evil:

06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
I did not know that but if it is true then you are right, it does look bad and sets a bad precedent. She should have to go to the road and wait like everyone else who is having to wait to go to a specialty unit or slot. Didn’t the Sheriff say that all transfer was put on hold until road slots were filled first?

This reminds me of the Jail First policy and yet some with road experience was forced to work the jail first while others went straight to the road. Having conflicting policies only add fuel to moral problems.

I guess her hair salon thing did not work out?

06-25-2006, 10:58 PM
The replacement was an FHP Trooper with over 17 years experience who would probabbly do circles around her when it comes to investigating any Traffic Fatality. She may be "Book Smart" but has a long way to go as far as "Experience".

One thing noticeable is the way her replacement handled the investigative phase in a Fatal Traffic Crash. He would innitiate once on the scene, including collecting evidence, interviewing all the witnesses on scene, and processing the vehicles on the same day, or early the next morning with the other THI. I sincerely hope that she does not go back to her ways and rather take a mirror stance to her replacement's way of doing things. It would certainly save our agency from an imbarassment.

I know who I would want to have as the THI in a case involving one of us, or a family member...hmmm.

06-26-2006, 03:34 AM
I do not even think she is "Book Smart". You are correct, B.A. is good people. He is one class act and did a great job. To pull him from that position to allow "Her" back was a slap in his face and to the unit. The agency is open for a major embarrassment and ridicule. Once her previous cases hit the civil courts, CCSO will be the laughing stock in Florida.

I can not believe there is no one in Traffic that has a clue to what a mistake that was. Why is it that ALL THI's from around the area see this but the command staff do not? Go Figure!

06-26-2006, 03:43 AM
Hey "Old School",

You hit the nail on the head brother. I could not have said it better myself :P