PDA

View Full Version : Myakka Workforce Housing

06-14-2006, 12:37 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... 3/NEWS0102 (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060614/NEWS/606140683/1003/NEWS0102)

Anyone interested in workforce housing? They say it's for deputies, school teachers, etc. The plan is to put it at sr70 + Singletary in Myakka, but the folks out there want it moved somewhere else. Notice the last quote in the above article: “What we need to do is find another place to put it.” Where that group wants it moved to is on the available 20 acre lot in Pomello Park off cr675 (parcel ID 329804009). Any preference?
:?:

06-14-2006, 07:35 PM
The Oaks of Myakka LMAO. I said it once and ill say it again,,," It will be the clone of Oakwood in Palmetto in two years."

As for putting in half the houses that was initially proposed thats probably BS. Most likely there trying to get their foot in the door and then go for phase II.

Go ahead and put it in Pomello Ranches and see how they like it next to their 400 - 700K houses. If it goes in Myakka you will most likely see an uprising from the community.

This towns been quiet for awhile now but it will be Sig 31,33,25 here we go. E70 and E80 better be sure they have a full tank when they sign on. You burn alot of fuel running T18 for 21 miles.

I don't see admin doing a 1N61,2N61,3N61 for a long time.

Either way, my sources say its a done deal in Myakka. Its just a matter of time. The community opposition is just merely slowing the process down. I guess time will tell. I hope, "the sources", are wrong...

Stay Safe

06-14-2006, 10:18 PM
SwampRunner, your sources are good. Done deal. It’s just a matter of picking Singletary Road or County Road 675 in Pomelo. The public hearing was on t.v. yesterday, what an eye opener. What I couldn’t believe was how many people from Pomelo/VernaBethany shouted down the Singletary site, guess they want it in their own backyard instead. Another thing the natives said was how the sheriff doesn't give them any service (while Commish. Hayes gloated) and there’s never any law enforcement around SR70 and Singletary to catch speeders. Heck, half that town is paying off traffic tickets. 8)

06-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Commissioner Hayes gloating?? Say it isn't so. I'm sure she's fat and happy, all is well in Lakewood Ranch. Hell, they have the "primo" of everything in the county. The best trees in the medians, the best sidewalks, the best parks, the best "shoppes", while northside can't even get the medians mowed, let alone landscaped. I'm sure she thinks it's an absolute outrage that Lakewood Ranch is even in this county. It needs to become apart of the "uppitty schmucks" of Sarasota County.

06-15-2006, 10:38 AM
:D 50 bucks to the first person to post a photo of Dunno Haze without her wig :!:

06-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Next time I work county admin, I'll ask her why she's wearing a wig, they make hair dye now!.....or maybe she's BALD

06-17-2006, 12:59 PM
It’s realtors/developers who are leading the charge, to move it away from where they have land4sale near 70 & Singletary. They want it moved farther west in Myakka, on 675 in Pomello (between Hunsaders & Lake Manatee fish camp) where it becomes a problem for a different set of realtors/developers there. Then there’s Commissioner Amy Stein who suggested moving it out of Myakka into Parrish, where a whole ‘nother set of realtors/developers have interests. :mrgreen:

06-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Choices, choices. Pop an e-mail to the commissioners, where you think it fits. The Singletary/70 location seems to be about right...on major highway, near parks, school, stores, gas station.

06-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Today's Bradenton Herald editorial:

Not Anywhere: Affordable Housing Hits NIMBY Syndrome
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/opinion/14863974.htm

06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
At BOCC June 13 the locals said the Sheriff is never around to enforce traffic, especially around Singetary. Unfair bashing of MSO disproved:

From Sarasota Herald “Sheriffs Reports”
“MYAKKA AREA
Singletary Road, 34000 block, June 11. Driving without a license. After stopping a vehicle for traffic and equipment violation, deputies found out the driver had no license or identification.”

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060622/NEWS/606220662/1028/NEWS0107

06-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a suggestion, put it in N20, where they have already voted to put in a majority of the affordable housing anyway. I would suggest Oneco, but there's no land left to build any more DUMPS/SLUM LORD HOUSING. Then we can call N20 TWOCO! Goodness knows the people living in Venice(where the supposed money is coming from) would never want that in their BACKYARD! tsk tsk

06-22-2006, 09:17 PM
I hear you brother but its Singletary. My sources say a realtor out there found out that the same outfit owned the other acreage on 675 so thats when the sneaky strategy came about to move it off of Singletary and on to 675. I don’t think its working but you never know. My sources say the travel direction for dwellers will be eastward ho!.... to Arcadia for shopping etc. Singletary makes more sense. If any of it makes sense. My opinion is the ones who came up with the sneaky strategy can ride my johnson....so guess whre I live.

06-24-2006, 11:54 AM
I have a suggestion, put it in N20, where they have already voted to put in a majority of the affordable housing anyway. I would suggest Oneco, but there's no land left to build any more DUMPS/SLUM LORD HOUSING. Then we can call N20 TWOCO!

Oneco. Twoco. Very good, but now you've gone & upset GhettoPOPOlis :lol:

06-25-2006, 09:09 AM
such is life, but the facts still remain the same!

06-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Radar and Fair Play are right on the money.

As for the complaint(s) directed towards the office for lack of traffic enforcement in the Myakka area,,,there totally unvalidated.

Pull the stats, Its too bad you cant geographically audit the number of criminal/moving citations issued East of CR675,I.E.
"Myakka/N40-50-60" on the Clerk of Courts website.

If this was possible it would be an eyeopener for the person(s) stating there is no enforcement in the area. Smoke in the wind is all it is.

06-28-2006, 11:19 AM
IMO, Commish Haze has a whole lot of hair going on, but not much else. Her fan base arises from a certain section of Myakka known as The Granola Belt (flakes & nuts). They’re throwing a party for her: http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/local/14916934.htm I wonder if her trusted advisor from Panther Ridge HOA will be there? He’s a mechanical whiz (?) who invented a screw-top jar lid, got university degrees from places you never heard of, ran for office as a Libertarian, and heads a local group that advocates secession from the U.S. http://www.kriegbooks.com/krieg.html
Conspiracy theories, anyone? Traffic enforcement is the least of ‘em. :roll:

06-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Oops, sorry I messed up the links to Dunno Haze & Gyro Gearloose. You can cut 'n' paste them.

06-30-2006, 01:14 AM
How about some Sig 14 on tonight's meeting. Did 675 go 10-8 on downtown 34251? Or did 675 get thrown under the bus?