PDA

View Full Version : Deputies are becoming laughing stock

06-13-2006, 02:50 PM
*edit* by MOD25

What's with all the negative news articles about the S.O?
What in the almighty hell is going on?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Is it the fact that we cannot hire enough people?

Is it affirmative action?

Is it lack of leadership?

All i can say is that it is getting pretty embarassing to work here anymore.

Ten6Niner
06-13-2006, 03:34 PM
How about this:

Agree with it or not, we let the public know when we do well AND when we screw up.

This kind of stuff happens at other agencies - I'm not going to pretend to know if it's statistically higher at our agency or not and don't want to hear from ameteur statisticians on this - but those agencies don't publicize their bad news. Thier Public Information Officers are more like Public PROPAGANDA Officers.

Cops are humans like anyone else. I hate to rain on our parade, but we are NOT supermen or superwomen, we are regular people doing a difficult job.

06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Agree. News releases seem to focus on screw ups. The few good ones are about B.S. that the Sheriff seems to care for. Look at agency photos for example. I dont give a rats ass about the Citizens Police Academy Graduation or the CPID picnic. Every year at the awards ceremony civilian employees get awards for everyday crap.

You never saw a news release for the awards ceremony for deputies last month. But there was a release about a promoted Lt. I think the Sheriff is more worried about his image and not the troops. I.A. is more brutal now with alot more terminations and lengthy suspensions coming out.

We need to turn the clock back about 15 years and be the Deputies that we once were, not the jokes Coats has made us.

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
06-13-2006, 10:05 PM
This isn't new. There have been people doing slimy stuff long before any of us got here. What is new is that the Sheriff and IA are playing hardball. I came from a Depratment where that stuff was swept under the rug daily and it bothered me enough to leave. What some of them do at home is one thing, but the on-duty whoring makes me sick. We aren't GODs but we should be examples in the community.
The public likes stories of public servants making mistakes, they seldom do big stories about the good we do. That's how it works and it does suck.
Doctor shopping and selling pain pills..... do you want to work with people like that? I see your point, it looks like a lot more of that lately but we are just hearing it a lot more because of the crackdown, and also managment wants us all to see that they got caught and dealt with. I like my job a lot, I really prefer not to have druggies and sex fiends for coworkers. I don't run and tell on them, they usually trip themselves up but I like seeing them leave.